Windows 10: Problem with File Explorer

Discus and support Problem with File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Dell XPS, running Windows 10 Home, no longer has a D: drive, but when I click on Documents in This PC it tries to find the missing drive. More of an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by antidisestablishmentarini, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM.

1. Problem with File Explorer

My Dell XPS, running Windows 10 Home, no longer has a D: drive, but when I click on Documents in This PC it tries to find the missing drive. More of an annoyance than a problem, but I can't seem to get File Explorer to change in the Properties tab. It keeps insisting on moving the files from the drive that is no longer there in order to redirect to the C: drive, which of course I can't do. Is there a fix?

:)

antidisestablishmentarini, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:52 AM
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

4. Problem with File Explorer

File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:53 AM
Thema:

Problem with File Explorer

1. Problem with File Explorer - Similar Threads - Problem File Explorer

2. Problems with File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with File Explorer: Basically when I'm using File Explorer I cannot right click on any item to, for example, copy or open with. As soon as I right click 'not responding comes up' and File Explorer stops working. Doesn't matter how long I leave it nothing happens and I have to end the task via...
  3. Windows File Explorer Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Problem: Windows File Explorer has 5 columns (in my arrangement). The first (left-hand) column contains major headings (such as drive letters, Quick Access etc.), the column to its right has the title "Name" and the other columns are to the right of that. Quite suddenly and...
  4. Win 10 File Explorer problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 File Explorer problem: Stacked and side-by-side do not always arrange views 50-50. See attachments.[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-file-explorer-problem/29b2a366-985b-45c9-9133-73d4b2f77626"
  5. FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.: Running Windows 10 x64 Pro RTM will all updates. In a nutshell everytime I bring up File Explorer in normal mode it appears in a new position. It is always a little lower down and a little to the right. I have a dual monitor setup even though I doubt this is the problem....
  6. File Explorer problems

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer problems: Is anyone else having problems with File Eplorer in the latest build, on my machine it doesnt work at all. 2907
  7. File explorer cut/paste problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer cut/paste problem: In Windows 10 file explorer occasionally when I cut files from one directory and paste them in another, the whole directory that I'm pasting to disappears. It happens so fast that its hard to see but it seems like a window pops up deleting the files and the status. The...
  8. Problems with the idiotic Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with the idiotic Windows File Explorer: I want to sync my Google Drive with my local drives, but the idiot Windows 10 Explorer would not show once the Google Chrome is opened. I did the same thing under older versions of Windows, with no problem, the only issues were the ****ing Windows explorer keep shutting down...
  9. File Explorer Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Problem: My Windows 10 File Explorer Problem ... In XP I was so used to having only the File Name underlined and using it to open the file. I could select a folder and click on the right pane to make sure I was in it and not open a file. Windows 10 now underlines and therefore...
  10. File explorer problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer problem: Hello forum, i am new to this site so nice to meet you all. Since my installation of windows 10, i had some problems with the file explorer option. When you click on 'start' and you see file explorer and decide to click on that, i expected it would be something like my...