Windows 10: Problem with file extensions

Discus and support Problem with file extensions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi , A virus changed all of my file extensions in my windows ( internal hard , external hard , flash drives ) and add the extension( .etqfc ) to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rouhollah haji seyed, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Problem with file extensions

Hi ,

A virus changed all of my file extensions in my windows ( internal hard , external hard , flash drives ) and add the extension( .etqfc ) to all files in my computer how can I delete these extensions with one command in command prompt or powershell ?

:)

rouhollah haji seyed, Dec 7, 2018
  2. GTX
    GTX Win User

BIN extension file problem

ok thanks everybody for help and for trying to help *Smile Problem with file extensions :)
    i solved the problem... it was a simple deamon tools file just its not in the extension file
    sorry for opening a thread for this ...

3. File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Problem with file extensions

Extensions unresponsive

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Settings > System > Apps & Features > Uninstall the problem Edge Extension(s)

• Go to Store > manually search the store for the extension, then install it again.
    After it's installed, click the 'Launch' button and it will take you to Edge where you can set it up.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Problem with file extensions

1. Problem with file extensions - Similar Threads - Problem file extensions

2. file extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file extensions: Hello İ have win 11 installed and first thing I see is i can't open files like .iso .py etc.when I look at these files types it says like Windows.IsoFile for iso files and Python.File on .py files and it's really annoyingcan anyone help me how to fix it i put some examples on...
  3. Files with no extension

Files with no extension: Hello, I have several files with no extension. Under file type, it just says "file". I'm not sure what happened tom change that. I recently downloaded Windows 11, if that means anything. My question is, is there any way I can add an extension to a file that would make it...
  4. File extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File extensions: My antivirus software kaspersky has changed some file extensions in outlook - pptx has become ppt_ and xlsx has become xls_ I have resolved this but it has changed file extensions on many email attachments that I still need. I want to open these attachments but cannot...
  5. File Type extension Problem

File Type extension Problem: My files ,videos, music are affected by an extension type called .47lful55V all files and cant open any of the files and cant use. I have tried several methods to fix this but none of them give hands please help me to fix this issue I cant us any apps files videos music...
  6. File extensions

File extensions: I downloaded some files from the internet and it won't allow me to change their file extensions note: i already tick the unhide file extension under folder options. The files are just greyed out and changing the file extensions just reverts them back to their original file...
  7. File extensions.

File extensions.: Can someone please tell me what extension I need to add to a screenshot of an "Administrator: Command Prompt" file in order to get it to upload? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extensions/9f112de0-bf26-4c53-b0c0-7847c4503296"
  8. file extension

file extension: hi, i don't know why but when i'm trying to set .pas extension by PASCAL app it is not sett, i'm trying again and again but nothing is received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension/9a8a6899-ad06-4c39-a55d-06371f2ec60d
  9. - Problem with file extension - .html

in Windows 10 Support
    - Problem with file extension - .html: HELP *Sleepy I can´t seem to get any file with the .html exstension to open, I use Firefox and made sure in the file associations that it has this program as the default. BUT.. whenever I double click the files it gives me a message that there is no program associated with...
  10. File extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File extension: How can I add a new file extension windows 10 Don Cole 73899