Windows 10: Problem with file keep showing in desktop after the deletion.

Discus and support Problem with file keep showing in desktop after the deletion. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, please i need help, i faced a problem with a file in my desktop, i deleted it but they keep showing with the same name and same inside folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by li_amsi, Jan 28, 2021.

1. li_amsi Win User

Problem with file keep showing in desktop after the deletion.

Hi, please i need help, i faced a problem with a file in my desktop, i deleted it but they keep showing with the same name and same inside folders empty folders, i have scanned my laptop there is no virus, and i have try all possibility but the file keep showing after the deletion.

if there is another solution please tell me.. .

thanks.

:)

li_amsi, Jan 28, 2021
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Thema:

1. Problem with file keep showing in desktop after the deletion. - Similar Threads - Problem file keep

2. Why do deleted files still show on desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do deleted files still show on desktop?: I deleted a zipped file using File Explorer and noticed it was still on my desktop. I right click to delete it but it showed an error probably because it was deleted. A restart made it go away, but I just thought it was weird. I tried with an image and it also happened,...
  3. Why do deleted files still show on desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do deleted files still show on desktop?: I deleted a zipped file using File Explorer and noticed it was still on my desktop. I right click to delete it but it showed an error probably because it was deleted. A restart made it go away, but I just thought it was weird. I tried with an image and it also happened,...
  4. Files keep showing up on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files keep showing up on my desktop: So today I noticed I had an old video file on my desktop. It was a video I screen recorded of my friends and I playing a game. I moved it back into the folder that I keep videos saved in. A few minutes later I noticed a different video file on the desktop. This has never...
  5. After reinstall windows and deleted the old program files, the program files keep showing...

After reinstall windows and deleted the old program files, the program files keep showing...: thid is the error message. But i already deleted the windows.old files, why this is still showing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-reinstall-windows-and-deleted-the-old/c71f5ee2-3af7-4a22-995f-67d08457214f
  6. Bug: Deleted desktop files keep reappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug: Deleted desktop files keep reappearing: Hi, this particular Windows 10 bug has been persistent for almost 2 years. If I delete a file on my desktop, it will go inside the recycle bin, as usual. But when I open a fullscreen program, the file will reappear on the desktop again. Only when I refresh the desktop with...
  7. Ghost files on desktop after deletion.

Ghost files on desktop after deletion.: I will frequently save an image from a website to my desktop just long enough to drag and drop it into something like Discord to share it and then delete it. After deleting it I then empty my recycling bin. At some point later not sure how long the file will reappear with the...
  8. Files keep reappearing after deleting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files keep reappearing after deleting: When I delete a file, it appears to be fine, but not long after it reappears on desktop again, along with older deleted files. Permanent deletion won't work either. How do I fix this issue?...
  9. Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion: Hi, if i delete a file, folder, .rar, etc. from my desktop and open a game, or program, the file keeps reappearing on the desktop. If i press F5 on the desktop it disappears, but it's very annoying to be pressing F5 the hole time and if i try to delete the file it tells me...
  10. Deleted MSG files saved to Desktop keep reappearing

Deleted MSG files saved to Desktop keep reappearing: Message files (.msg) that are permanently deleted from my Desktop folder continue to reappear after refreshing the desktop, restarting explorer.exe, etc. In case it's relevant, I'm working in a corporate domain environment with automated backups running on a schedule. The...