Windows 10: Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10

Discus and support Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint" on Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MariaHoebeke, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10

"We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint" on Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10

:)

MariaHoebeke, Apr 30, 2022

2. fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working

i have a lenovo thinkpad t430 and i have a built in fingerprint scanner in my laptop and i chose this laptop because my mate has the same but he is running windows 10 and can use the fingerprint scanner as security and im running windows 10 but cannot
    get mine to function on my laptop all im always getting is 'we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible' and when installing drivers manually it asks to enable it so i do but nothing i have followed steps like hold win + r and other ways but even my
    mate cant understand why his works and mine dosen't work when our laptops are the same in every way specs and the type of windows is running also i have tryed other windows going back to vista, 7 , 8.1 and 10 and nothing can anyone help or know if there is
    something i can download to use this feature ? thanks in advance

ShaneElvidge, Apr 30, 2022
  3. Win 10 , Lenovo E580 ThinkPad, Fingerprint has stopped working, can not set new

Let's try Uninstall the Fingerprint Manager and Re-enroll the Fingerprints.

To uninstall the Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro or Lenovo Fingerprint Manager, and then re-enroll your fingerprints. Follow the steps below:

Step 1. Open the Control Panel and find Programs.

Step 2. Click Uninstall a program under the Programs.

Step 3. Find Lenovo Fingerprint Manager Pro or Lenovo Fingerprint Manager in the program list, and then right click it to uninstall it.

Install Synaptics Fingerprint Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad E480, E580 from official Lenovo support site:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS50...

Restart your device and follow this steps to configure your fingerprint:

Step 1. Click the Start button to open the Settings.

Step 2. Select Accounts in the Settings.

Step 3. Choose "Sign-in options" on the left. Scroll to Windows Hello and click Set Up in the Fingerprint section.

Step 4. Click Get started in the Windows Hello setup.

Step 5. Enter your PIN.

Step 6. Put one of your fingers on the fingerprint reader to scan it.

Step 7. Choose Add Another if you want to repeat the process with another finger, or you can choose to close the program.

Let me know how was.

AngelCarreno, Apr 30, 2022
  4. JM211 Win User

Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10

Windows Hello and Lenovo fingerprint sign in

I would like to know how to disable Windows Hello. After the most recent update, I can no longer find a way to do so and Windows Hello appears to have disabled my Lenovo Thinkpad's fingerprint sign in option. When I try to set up the "Windows Hello Fingerprint"
    it says "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint." It was working fine until my computer updated.

JM211, Apr 30, 2022
Thema:

Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10

1. Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10 - Similar Threads - Problem fingerprint scanner

2. Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo yoga 520, Windows Pro 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo yoga 520, Windows Pro 10: "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint" "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face" on Lenovo yoga 520 , Windows Pro 10....
  3. Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo yoga 520, Windows Pro 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo yoga 520, Windows Pro 10: "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint" "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face" on Lenovo yoga 520 , Windows Pro 10....
  4. Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo yoga 520, Windows Pro 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 11 / Lenovo Thinkpad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 / Lenovo Thinkpad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello: I have a E580 Type 20KS 20KT Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20KS with Windows 11- All Windows and Lenovo updates done- Under Device Manager / Biometrics : only Synaptics WBDI-SGX. Already tried to update driver. Under properties: This device cannot start- Tried many suggestions from...
  6. windows 11 / Lenovo Thinkpad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello

windows 11 / Lenovo Thinkpad Cannot find Fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello: I have a E580 Type 20KS 20KT Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20KS with Windows 11- All Windows and Lenovo updates done- Under Device Manager / Biometrics : only Synaptics WBDI-SGX. Already tried to update driver. Under properties: This device cannot start- Tried many suggestions from...
  7. Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10: "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint" on Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-fingerprint-scanner-and-windows-hello/1557fa4e-806c-4509-bfcf-4bf77a5128d5
  8. Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10

Problem with fingerprint scanner and Windows Hello, Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10: "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint" on Lenovo ThinkPad, Windows Pro 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-fingerprint-scanner-and-windows-hello/1557fa4e-806c-4509-bfcf-4bf77a5128d5
  9. fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working

fingerprint scanner lenovo thinkpad t430 not working: i have a lenovo thinkpad t430 and i have a built in fingerprint scanner in my laptop and i chose this laptop because my mate has the same but he is running windows 10 and can use the fingerprint scanner as security and im running windows 10 but cannot get mine to function on...
  10. fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad

fingerprint scanner not working on Lenovo thinkpad: For some reason my fingerprint scanner just quit working and I try to rescan but it's like it's not even turned on. I'm incredibly stupid when it comes to computers - just want things to work!...