Windows 10: Problem with Fn+F9 key after Jul 5 2019 Windows 10 update

Discus and support Problem with Fn+F9 key after Jul 5 2019 Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, There was a problem with my mouse, it had disappeared. I followed instructions and went through some troubleshooting and found that there was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hylian Owl, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Problem with Fn+F9 key after Jul 5 2019 Windows 10 update

Hello,

There was a problem with my mouse, it had disappeared. I followed instructions and went through some troubleshooting and found that there was a windows update that was pending so I put my computer through the update. My mouse came back but the problem is now that my mouse is just disabled. Every time I hit Fn+F9, it just says "mouse disabled", it's not re-enabling the function.

I went into Devices Settings, to the mouse and then the "additional mouse options", but I don't have an option there to turn my mouse on again.

How do I fix this?

:)

Hylian Owl, Jul 5, 2019

2. FN key always on

To clarify, I was saying "Accessibility" features maybe be controlled via the BIOS, not the Fn keys. And one of the Accessibility features makes the keys "sticky". This allows folks with some disabilities to press, for example, the Ctrl key, then the Alt key, and then Del in sequence instead of all at once. Same with the Fn key. The sticky feature would let you first press the Fn key, and then the F9 key (for example) and not Fn + F9 at the same time to enable/disable whatever Fn + F9 does with that notebook (it is the touchpad on my Toshiba).

Bill_Bright, Jul 5, 2019
  3. ASUS Fn + F9 not working

Exact same problem. Except my all of my 'fn' (function) keys were working, then suddenly the Fn+F9 stopped. I've uninstalled the drivers and hardware, updated drivers, disabled the hardware, specifically the touch pad in question. It still works, but i
    can't disable it, not even while typing.

A Tom Garner, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Problem with Fn+F9 key after Jul 5 2019 Windows 10 update

Brightness control option using the keys "fn + f9" and "fn + f10 are not working on Windows 10.

Original Title: Windows 10 brightness issue

I have an HP ProBook 445 G2 Notebook PC that came with Windows 8.1 Enterprise. I recently did a clean installation of Windows 10 Home. My keyboard had a brightness control option using the keys "fn + f9" and "fn + f10". These brightness control hotkeys stopped
    working after I installed Windows 10, although other hotkeys like the one for volume control still work. The brightness button in the action center cycles only through steps pf 25%, which is sometimes inconvenient. How can I fix this?

SanatMharolkar, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Problem with Fn+F9 key after Jul 5 2019 Windows 10 update

1. Problem with Fn+F9 key after Jul 5 2019 Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Problem Fn+F9 key

2. Problems with fn+wasd keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with fn+wasd keys: I have a separate keyboard from my laptop. It is a 60% mechanical keyboard which does not have the arrows keys. Normally when I want to use arrows I just hold fn+wasd and wasd will swap to arrows temporarily. I didn't manually any install driver for the keyboard. But I just...
  3. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9': My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'It works, there's nothing physically wrong with it, its just my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a-key-only-works-when-combining-fn-f9/01ec7794-d713-4316-98b9-468569e04fa7
  4. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9': My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'It works, there's nothing physically wrong with it, its just my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a-key-only-works-when-combining-fn-f9/01ec7794-d713-4316-98b9-468569e04fa7
  5. My 'a' key only works when combining 'fn + f9'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. fn+F7 and F9 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    fn+F7 and F9 not working: I had not used these keys for a long time! Today, when I tried to disable the laptop touchpad, I realized that this key does not work! On the other hand, when I tried to turn off the screen, I realized that even that one key did not work! Of course, the other keys work well...
  7. Nov. 5, 2019 update problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nov. 5, 2019 update problem: After this update some windows freeze with the little blue circle thing in it. This happens most in windows explorer windows. Only solution is to reboot and continue working until it happens again which has been anywhere from just a couple minutes to an hour or so. Has...
  8. Restore Fn+F9 functionality

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Fn+F9 functionality: Lately I've been having issues while typing, where the palm of my hand is doing things with the mousepad. It used to be that I coudl hit Fn+F9 and it would disable the mousepad, but that no longer works. How can I get it to work again? I want to be able to toggle the mouspad...
  9. FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FN+F9 does not disable ASUS touchpad: Hi, I'm looking for a solution to fix the function combination to disable/enable the touchpad for my ASUS laptop (fn+f9). Here is a list of troubleshooting that I have already conducted myself: Downloaded ASUS Smart Gesture. Browsed to "Program Files (x86) /Asus Smart...
  10. Problem with FN key

Problem with FN key: I recently bought a Toshiba laptop and immediately upgraded to Windows 10. My FN key is acting as if it is ALWAYS pressed. I can use the F1-F12 buttons for their alternate functions WITHOUT having to press the FN key (ex. I can increase/decrease brightness without pressing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. f9 or f10 after ram upgrade

2. update windows 10 f9 key after moving recovery partition

3. Can you find a problem with my F34NF9

4. fn f9 not working windows 10 toshiba,
  5. asus laptop fn key shortcut volume doesnt work after windows upgrade