Windows 10: Problem with Forum pages freezing...

Discus and support Problem with Forum pages freezing... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I seem to have a problem with pages not being able to be scrolled in this forum, usually after it is opened from a link in an e-mail. The page presents... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Saltgrass, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Saltgrass Win User

Problem with Forum pages freezing...

I seem to have a problem with pages not being able to be scrolled in this forum, usually after it is opened from a link in an e-mail. The page presents fine, but the scroll bar will return to its original position if moved and the up or down arrow keys or mouse wheel, or nothing else seems to be able to move the window.

I have not noticed this in other forums. Refreshing the page makes no difference. I can start a new instance of the page and it will work normally. I just backed out of creating this thread and the Forum directory was frozen... IE is not frozen, just the one page.

Thanks.

:)

Saltgrass, Oct 24, 2014
  2. Marek St. Win User

Nokia lumia freezes

Hi nancy lacey.

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I understand that you're experiencing device Freezing Up on your Lumia 1020.

This particular problem was recognised and another forum thread provides guidance on the matter.

Please refer to the following thread :

Lumia Phone Freezes Randomly (After Update 8.1)

Certainly hope this helps,

Thank you,

Marek.

Marek St., Oct 24, 2014
  3. John582n Win User
    Windows 10 Randomly Freezes every few days

This thread discusses a freezing issue on laptops that indicates that Windows 10 could be the culprit

Computer Freezes on Build 10240

John582n, Oct 24, 2014
  4. Problem with Forum pages freezing...

Hi,
    You might try this,
    Open ie and use Alt+TB or Gear symbol on the top right and Compatibility view settings,
    Uncheck the box to use Microsoft comp-view lists/ Close,

After use Alt+TD or Gear symbol/ Safety/ Delete browser history,
    Check All boxes Except for the very top Uncheck it and Delete.
    Close ie and re-open and test,
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Oct 24, 2014
  5. Saltgrass Win User
    Suggestion followed with no apparent difference.

I also tried adding the forum to the list which also seems to make no difference.

The page is locking up even while I type this response. I might think there is some activeX or other such process involved. I have seen specific adds which may have been written incorrectly cause problems. Maybe I need some type of add-on..

I was hoping the fact it seems to happen when using an e-mail link might be a clue.

Thanks for the response.

Saltgrass, Oct 24, 2014
  6. Hi,
    I would think you would need to Disable some add-ons and test first,
    Gear symbol/ Manage add-ons,
    Toolbars and extensions
    On the bottom left column make sure it's set to Show All add-ons,
    Disable flash player and anything else one at a time and test,

Also go to the accelerators section and disable the three default listings and test again,

I'm not seeing any issue :/
    You can also go to Gear symbol and Internet options/ Advanced section/ Check the top box,
    Use software rendering instead of gpu rendering/ Apply and Okay.

Boot your system win-10 is funky that it needs a re-boot for changes to take effect some times *Sad
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Oct 24, 2014
  7. Saltgrass Win User
    I have now disabled - everything. Does not seem to make a difference.

It is happening on two systems and I am using Thunderbird as my e-mail client. When I open the link from the e-mail, it freezes. If I open IE and the forum directly it seems to work normally, at least for a while.

Thanks for the ideas. I will leave everything disabled on the add-ons and reboot the system. If I see any difference I will post back.

Saltgrass, Oct 24, 2014
  8. Problem with Forum pages freezing...

Probably a bug with thunderbird and win-10,
    I'd probably expect issues like this,
    Use the feedback app and post the issue there too *Wink
    On the Internet explorer section for issues :/
    Although I'm sure with ie11 and win-8-7 it might not be an issue :/
    Cheers.

ThrashZone, Oct 24, 2014
  9. Saltgrass Win User
    Ok, will do make a report and keep checking to see if I can find anything.

Thanks.

Saltgrass, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with Forum pages freezing...

1. Problem with Forum pages freezing... - Similar Threads - Problem Forum pages

2. Unable to copy & paste between pages on this forum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy & paste between pages on this forum: With a new cean install of Windows 11 Pro v 22H2 Build 22621.1928, I am unable to copy & paste between pages on this forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-copy-paste-between-pages-on-this-forum/69d9cff4-5809-4262-895b-a3a448091e3a
  3. Unable to copy & paste between pages on this forum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy & paste between pages on this forum: With a new cean install of Windows 11 Pro v 22H2 Build 22621.1928, I am unable to copy & paste between pages on this forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-copy-paste-between-pages-on-this-forum/69d9cff4-5809-4262-895b-a3a448091e3a
  4. Page freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page freezing: Both my HP & Acer computers have Win.10 Pro. installed, but I have the same problem with both. I like paid surveys, but if a question has a list of answers where I have to click one, or several answers, I have to do do that and hit the "Submit" button very quickly or the page...
  5. Problem with forum threads and posts

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with forum threads and posts: Hi! So I have this problem, I cant see anything typed in a thread or post on Tenforums, every post looks just blank! Any idea how to manage it? For example, I cant see even this post I typed after I press "Submit new thread" xD. I can only see your responses if I press the...
  6. Pages freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pages freeze: Just lately the pages freeze all the time. There is no error message. And sometimes it just goes black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pages-freeze/fdcb313b-259f-4a6e-b7b3-022d75f43785
  7. Problems with ten forums editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with ten forums editor: I love the content on ten forums. But the web software to compose and reply to messages is very frustrating! I am using the WYSIWYG editor. In no particular order, here are my recent issues: 1) blank lines--why do I need to have 3 blank lines in the editor pane to produce...
  8. Mouse Problems, not found on other forums!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Problems, not found on other forums!: Happy Holidays! I have been having problems for the last month or so with my mouse, and can't find the problem. There is a lot of information on problems with the mouse in Win10, but none are like mine. The mouse (tried 3 different ones, all compliant, and Naga Hex has...
  9. Technical Problems With This Forum?

in Windows 10 Support
    Technical Problems With This Forum?: I've been trying all day to reply to a topic I started in the Network & Sharing subforum. I've tried 3 different browsers and 2 different computers. Most of the time it will display the correct address - tenforums.com/network-sharing, but then before the page can display it...
  10. Problem with Firefox/Facebook script - page unresponsive and freezes

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Firefox/Facebook script - page unresponsive and freezes: I'm experiencing a constant problem involving a script while using Firefox browser, with Facebook open. A pop up window on the page advises me that the following script is causing the problem.... https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php...HGcTRu_E.js:25 ...and gives me a...