Windows 10: Problem With Full Screen Video With Multiple Apps

Discus and support Problem With Full Screen Video With Multiple Apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 8.1, if I split my display in half - I could have multiple apps like Internet Explorer and Visual Basic open. Then if I was watching a video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HEELShingster, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Problem With Full Screen Video With Multiple Apps

In Windows 8.1, if I split my display in half - I could have multiple apps like Internet Explorer and Visual Basic open. Then if I was watching a video on YouTube in full screen mode, the video would still only be displayed in the half of the screen so I could still multitask and do something else in the other half. However if I try to do this in Windows 10, the YouTube video in full screen mode does actually put the video in full screen and takes up the whole display. Is it possible to just get it to display in half of the screen like in Windows 8.1 or is this not yet possible? Was a really handy feature!!

Thanks,
    Wailun

:)

HEELShingster, Aug 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Full screen with multiple monitors

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you need to get Windows 10 full screen / maximize to span multiple monitors rather than just one monitor.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Press Windows Key + P Keyboard Shortcut

1. Close all open programs.

2. Hold down the Windows key and press the
    P key on your keyboard.

3. Select one of the following display style options

o PC Screen Only

o Duplicate

o Extend

o Second Screen Only

Method 2: Display Settings Menu

• Close all open programs.
    • Right-click an empty area on your desktop, and click Display Settings.
    • Click the Multiple Displays drop-down list, and select
      Duplicate these displays
      or Extend these displays or
      Show only on 1
      or Show only on 2.

If you cannot see the second monitor(s) listed, click Detect. If this does not work, try to reconnect the cables on your monitor, restart the computer and repeat steps 1 and 2.
    • Click Identify to see which monitor is number 1 (Primary Monitor) and number 2 (Secondary Monitor).

• Click Keep Changes if you are prompted to save the changes made to the display settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 9, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Problem With Full Screen Video With Multiple Apps

sn00ker, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Problem With Full Screen Video With Multiple Apps

1. Problem With Full Screen Video With Multiple Apps - Similar Threads - Problem Full Screen

2. Videos lag and stutter in full screen on Windows 11 video player apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos lag and stutter in full screen on Windows 11 video player apps.: No matter the resolution, framerate, video file type or the video player used, the video always plays fine for about 10 seconds and then stutters, lags and skips frames when the video is played in full screen. I have updated both the system bios to latest firmware and updated...
  3. Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.: After the last update on my laptop I'm using Windows 11 I tried to watch some videos on full screen, however the white lower banner never disappears, making it impossible to enjoy watching Youtube, Netflix, Twitch on full screen.I attached an image of the problem when trying...
  4. Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.

Problems trying to watch videos on full screen.: After the last update on my laptop I'm using Windows 11 I tried to watch some videos on full screen, however the white lower banner never disappears, making it impossible to enjoy watching Youtube, Netflix, Twitch on full screen.I attached an image of the problem when trying...
  5. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  6. Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen

Mouse Problems when watching Video in Full Screen: When watching a video in full screen mode, slight mouse movements keep causing operating overlays to show up. I tried significantly slowing down the mouse speed, but that didn't help.The problem shows up in Firefox, Chrome, Youtube, and Disney +....
  7. Videos brighten in full screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Videos brighten in full screen: I just got a Sense 27" monitor and am facing a strange problem. I use MPC-BE player and when playing in a window all is okay. When I go to full screen the picture gets very bright and returns to normal returning to window. Don't know if it's the screen or windows settings or...
  8. Having problem with playing videos full screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having problem with playing videos full screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/razorx274 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i30gtv/having_problem_with_playing_videos_full_screen/
  9. Videos freezing in full screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos freezing in full screen.: Hi. I am having a problem playing videos in full screen. No matter what player I use they will freeze. They play fine if theyre not in full screen. They will play in full screen if I move the mouse constantly. But if I stop moving the mouse the screen freezes. The audio will...
  10. On the subject of full-screen videos

in Windows 10 Support
    On the subject of full-screen videos: My partner's computer is a months-old laptop that came with Win10 Home. She's had problems with full-screen videos for almost its entire lifespan, though the problem did ease off for a while before returning in full force. When playing videos full screen, the videos will skip...