Windows 10: Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed"

Discus and support Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have problem with my Gamepad Yula GXT 540 When I'm plugging Gamepad into my PC, my Windows System Win 10 Pro/Version 2004/OS Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by B_Kar_13, Oct 24, 2020.

1. B_Kar_13 Win User

Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed"

Hi

I have problem with my Gamepad Yula GXT 540

When I'm plugging Gamepad into my PC, my Windows System Win 10 Pro/Version 2004/OS Build 19041.508/x64, gives me information that it founds unknown USB Device ".

When I'm go into Device manager this Device shows in "Universal Serial Bus controllers" as "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed".

I'm going to properties and there is information "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code 43", and "A request for the USB device descriptor failed".

When I was trying to upgrade drivers automatically, system gives me feedback that everything is fine "U have the best drivers for this device".

I tried to fix this problem on a few method:

1. I tried to upgrade all drivers that has any impact with my error f.e generic USB Hub, USB root hub and All Human Interface Devices that I see: HID-compliant device, USB input device etc.. It doesn't work in my example.

2. I tried to fix problem by "Hardware and Sounds troubleshooting"

I opened it and this app found my device as a problem of course, but after a few seconds I had feedback that system cannot fix it.

I opened it and this app found my device as a problem of course, but after a few seconds I had feedback that system cannot fix it.

3. I tried also to change something in registry editor:

I found Device instance path of this device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&2F350751&0&11

and after opened registry editor window I found this path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\<Device Instance Path>\Device Parameters.

I created DWORD file who name: EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled, because I hadn't this one and I set DWORD Value data on 0.

In a one of the lots of films, which tried to fix this problem, system had this file so I tried to do this too.

I can say, that this Device works correctly, because It worked on different Computer as "HID compliant game controller" so that is reason why I upgraded HID Drivers.

I created backup on second system that this gamepad worked correctly, but i couldn't upgrade drivers.

Firstable because of wrong drivers my system says that "this drivers isn't for x64 bit System, but second Computer is Win 10 Pro/Version 1909/OS Build 18363.720/x64.

My System also gives me information that I can't install unsigned drivers.

I will also give You screenshots of the Device Manager.

They will be in polish, but I will translate them for You if necessary.

1. "Device Manager 1"

This is Device Manager, when the product is unplugged.

I don't have any error message yellow exclamation mark in other devices.

I didn't write this information in my first email, that the gamepad on another computer, also Win 10 64 -bit worked as "HID compliant game controller". That's the reason why I also give You Screenshots my HID devices.

Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" a1931920-fb84-4a47-907a-d7cc007faecc?upload=true.png

2. "Device Manager 2"

This is Device Manager, when the product is plugged in.

There is only one error message and I'm sure that is this device.

Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" 331fd419-f0c6-42e0-9971-f777129ed199?upload=true.png

3. "Driver properties 1"

There is information about Code 43 error and "Device Descriptor Request Failed" as before.

Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" 6160be9f-b358-4a41-8c5d-4ea352a51b8b?upload=true.png

4. "Driver properties 2"

There You can see information about the driver version 10.0.19041.488.

Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" f6e8209e-0b42-4924-97e8-54c21808e9a8?upload=true.png

5. "Driver properties 3"

There is a reaction for automatically updating the driver "the best drivers are already installed for the device".

Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" 807156b7-7f87-49bf-b878-d52945bbc2f9?upload=true.png

6. "Driver properties 4"

That is "device description" "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed"

Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" 7c63833f-5491-4f9f-ab36-267f237c2b5d?upload=true.png

7. "Driver properties 5"

There is a "Device instance path"

Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" 3b7b371a-f12a-4ac5-beb0-81ee684469a9?upload=true.png

8. "Driver properties 6"

You can see "Hardware Ids" "USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE"

Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" 6482fc24-2003-44ce-9c39-e858d5e0b521?upload=true.png

9. "Devices and printers"

The product is This unknown device at the bottom of the screenshot.

There is information "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed"

Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" 1fc78b5e-def3-4b3d-9d32-6b1e3f2a111b?upload=true.png

10. "Device properties"

There is "Device Function Summary":

-Manufacturer: "Standard USB Host controller"

-Device status: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code 43"

Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" 6c9a406e-476f-4409-9f47-023ee0c8ce65?upload=true.png

I hope that You will help me with this problem.

:)

B_Kar_13, Oct 24, 2020
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 24, 2020
  3. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware.

May I please know, How to get rid of this issue?

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

PREMPAUL J, Oct 24, 2020
  4. titan5800 Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with Gamepad - "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed" - Similar Threads - Problem Gamepad Unknown

2. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello, I have a recurring issue regarding an unknown USB device on my laptop computer Lenovo Legion 5i. When this issue occurs, it disables my keyboard and prevents me from using any of the keyboard buttons, forcing the use of an external keyboard. All other functions of the...
  3. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): Hi, I bought a Madcatz Rat6 that worked fine for two days. In the midst of a game session, the mouse got disconnected and i recieve the error above in device manager. I'v uninstalled and updated all USB root & Generic Hubs. I have the RAT drivers installed from their website,...
  4. Unknown USB Device(Device descriptor Request Failed)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown USB Device(Device descriptor Request Failed): Hello, community. I get this error if my Nec USB 3.0 controller is connected(and there are no devices plugged into it). Chipset is D720200, please anyone help. imgur.com/BsBv0Zl submitted by /u/L1NKKGG [link] [comments]...
  5. Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Product: HP Elitebook 8760w Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro partly as an attempt to rule out whatever issues that would rule out. In Device Menu, "Universal Serial Bus controllers", there is "Unknown USB Device Device...
  6. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware....
  7. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware. May I please know, How to get rid of this issue? Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)...
  8. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): Hello, I have been facing a problem with my USB devices for the past few weeks. Whenever I connect a USB device (mouse, iPhone or even a USB), I get the error Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Windows has stopped this device because it has reported...
  9. unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): Hi as above currently there is no usb device connected and I'm getting that error message even though when tested both usb ports work. The only thing that doesn't work is the 2 in 1 keyboard buts thats not usb. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating, rolling back...
  10. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): Hello, I just finished my exams today and wanted to play again with my Madcatz TES+ Fightstick, the last time i used it, it worked flawless but this time the moment i plugged the usb i got this pop up with the warning . 1. Tried sfc/scannow. 2. Tried USB power systems. 3....