Windows 10: Problem with graphics driver/adaptor

Discus and support Problem with graphics driver/adaptor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I had to replace my hard drive in my laptop as the old one stopped working, when I got the new drive I had to install windows onto it, when it had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ethan Coy, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Ethan Coy Win User

Problem with graphics driver/adaptor

So I had to replace my hard drive in my laptop as the old one stopped working, when I got the new drive I had to install windows onto it, when it had been installed everything seemed to work fine at first but after a small period of time the screen got a stutter, I looked into it but couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, after disabling the the graphics driver under the display adaptor in device manager it fixed the stutter problem but created it's own problems in the process not being able to adjust the brightness of the screen and not being able to put the computer in sleep mode, does anyone know how to fix this problem? It would be much appreciated.

:)

Ethan Coy, Mar 13, 2021

2. Intel HD 5500 Graphics Driver Not Working Properly

Hi Baniak Ram,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Sound troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run Hardware and Sound troubleshooter
    and check.

• Press Windows Key + X key, Click on Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Follow the steps provided, to uninstall and reinstall the display driver.

• Press Windows logo + X key.
    • Click on device manager.
    • Select the display adaptor.
    • Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
    • After the uninstalling the drivers restart the computer. This should automatically install proper drivers for it.
    You may also download and install the latest network adaptor drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Graphic Card driver problem

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Please be informed that Windows 10 drivers are not yet available for your computer model, Dell needs to update them on their website.

As a workaround I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you. Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver

I suggest you to try uninstalling the Display Adapter driver and then install the driver from check if it works for you. Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Method 3

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for
      “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Reference:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/optiplex-780/drivers

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Problem with graphics driver/adaptor

Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Problem with graphics driver/adaptor

1. Problem with graphics driver/adaptor - Similar Threads - Problem graphics driver

2. graphic adaptor in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphic adaptor in device manager: hi yesterday i figure out something very odd i have tuf dash f15 with rtx 3060 when i plugged it out the graphic driver get disappear and when i plugged it in again back what's the problem?i tried uninstall driver and ddu and install update but those didn't work...
  3. graphic adaptor in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphic adaptor in device manager: hi yesterday i figure out something very odd i have tuf dash f15 with rtx 3060 when i plugged it out the graphic driver get disappear and when i plugged it in again back what's the problem?i tried uninstall driver and ddu and install update but those didn't work...
  4. Display driver adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver adaptor: I have Dell Latitude E5570 laptopwin 10 proGraphics card is showing two drivers1. AMD2.IntelIf I disable any one of the driver and restart laptop what will happen? it will enable automaticallyKindly give me suggestion as soon as possible...
  5. Intel graphics driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel graphics driver problem: Hello. I have a thinkpad t440p. Recently I replaced its monitor and for a while everything was fine. After something went wrong with an update, and I reinstalled windows 10, I have had problems with the graphics driver. If I use Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, the laptop...
  6. Graphic driver problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic driver problems: Today i got my new windows 10 which is running in latest version. I installed it because microsoft was highly recommending it. On my previous Windows 8.1 i had a AMD 760G graphic card, but now since i got windows 10 AMD 760G is not compatible, I was using amd compatibility...
  7. Graphics Driver Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Driver Problem: Around 1year ago I was playing Prince of persia Forgotten sands It was running smothly but suddenly it stuck I tried several times to close the game but it wont close, so i removed my laptop battery and restarted the pc and an error displayed Windows cant start ERROR code...
  8. problem with driver for wifi adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem with driver for wifi adaptor: I am running windows 10 Home. some days ago my wifi not connected to Internet, My Laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 5379 2 in 1. Could anyone help me solve the driver problem, Please?...
  9. Graphics Driver problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Graphics Driver problems: I have been trying to fix my laptop's playback and missing DVD drive for months to no avail... After doing the latest troubleshooting I was given this message: [ATTACH] How do I fix this? Thank you....
  10. Graphic drivers problem.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic drivers problem.: Hi, I've got a problem. I was updated win 7 to win 10 and... I press power button, see little windows logo and black screen * Black screen it's just on the laptop. If I plug TV by hdmi to my laptop i see everything. After 3h I discovered one thing. If I don't update...