Windows 10: Problem With Graphics or Something Related

Discus and support Problem With Graphics or Something Related in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have this problem that started out of the blue. Ever since last week maybe, my desktop out of nowhere went black like the background portion, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EpicAssasin678, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Problem With Graphics or Something Related

So I have this problem that started out of the blue. Ever since last week maybe, my desktop out of nowhere went black like the background portion, but my cursor and taskbar was functional except that my cursor couldn't bring the right click menu on the desktop portion. Also, periodically now discord will show it's window even though it is in the tray and the window is closed and I have to open it and close it to go away. Tonight I updated my graphics drivers and then the black screen came back. I restart my computer and it is back to normal with the background, on top of that the issue is solved in safe mode. One other interesting note that might help: when I was in the black screen and I had the "performance" section of task manager open, my graphics card was recognized as GPU 2 whereas normally it would be recognized as GPU0.

:)

EpicAssasin678, Jan 11, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics & ATI Combo (Alpha) - by nIGHTmAYOR

according to laptop support page they do list an old downloadable driver for intel for windows 7 , weather this is related to there being several variants of that laptop or this laptop has switchable graphics i may just suggest you reset the bios and see if things change , if yes you may be able to apply step 2 , if not then apply step 4 and call it today , you are still better off being on the high performance gpu .

Out of curiosity can you take a snap shot from Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and click the “Graphics Settings” ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Problem With Graphics or Something Related

une acceleration graphic

Hi Majed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed to resolve the issue?
    • When exactly do you get this error message?
    I suggest you to try following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to Un-install and re-install latest graphics card drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the graphics card drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Problem With Graphics or Something Related

1. Problem With Graphics or Something Related - Similar Threads - Problem Graphics Something

2. BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers: Split from this thread. Good Morning, I am hoping to have some help here. I have a user that is utilizing a Dell Precision 7520 with a Nvidia QuadroM2200. User was previously on a D3100 Dock and from my under standing that dock does not support dedicated graphics card..User...
  3. Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver: My PC has crashed about 5 times now over the last 6 months. It is not reproduceable and seemingly happens randomly, as no particular application or action seems to trigger it. The PC doesn't literally blue screen, it just freezes then restarts. A surface level look with...
  4. Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver: My PC has crashed about 5 times now over the last 6 months. It is not reproduceable and seemingly happens randomly, as no particular application or action seems to trigger it. The PC doesn't literally blue screen, it just freezes then restarts. A surface level look with...
  5. Crashes related to graphics drivers

Crashes related to graphics drivers: Hello, For some time I've been having problems with games crashing and my pc crashing. Initially I only crashed while playing Path of Exile and the crashes were pretty infrequent. The error in the event viewer was "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has...
  6. Crashes seemingly related to graphics drivers.

Crashes seemingly related to graphics drivers.: My development laptop has been having trouble recently when working with anything that requires a fair amount of graphics processing power (Unreal Engine, gaming, etc). Performance also seems somewhat worse, but it may be related to whatever is failing. The actual blue screen...
  7. Graphics Card Related BSOD

Graphics Card Related BSOD: Hello, For awhile now, I have been trying to find the cause of a number of BSOD errors I'm getting. This issue is definitely tied to my graphics card. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 card and also an Nvidea GeForce GT 650M card. The BSOD error messages I am...
  8. BSOD Crashes - graphics card related

BSOD Crashes - graphics card related: Hi, I've experienced multiple BSODs almost every other day whether it'd be gaming or just plain surfing the web. I can trace it down to atikmdag being an issue on the computer. I've installed AMD uninstall and then reinstalled my drivers to no end. I'm not sure if it'll...
  9. Problems with errors in Event Viewer relating to AMD graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problems with errors in Event Viewer relating to AMD graphics: The error report below I believe is saying that permission is denied accessing a file under ProgramData. This I think is linked to Permissions which appear to be a hot topic with Windows 10. I do have loads of other errors in the ACCEEvent Log relating to the graphics but I...
  10. A couple of graphics related issues in W10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    A couple of graphics related issues in W10: A couple of graphics related issues in W10.Firstly, a message often pops up saying ''NVidia graphics driver has stopped responding and has recovered''. Even after downloading most recent driver. Secondly, I have now noticed that when my PC is in sleep mode for any length...