Windows 10: Problem with harddrive

Discus and support Problem with harddrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I just bought a new external harddrive last week and i have moved my files to it. After a few days when i try opening the files; file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vusisolani, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Problem with harddrive

Hi I just bought a new external harddrive last week and i have moved my files to it. After a few days when i try opening the files; file explorer starts freezing and it say it is not responding. Can somebody please help me.

:)

vusisolani, Aug 22, 2020
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Aug 22, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Problem with harddrive

Is my harddrive faulty?

Please pull your CMOS battery, wait 20 seconds, install. Enter BIOS, set date and time, make sure SATA is set to AHCI

Make sure your are booting UEFI

Boot from media and redo the shift + F10 instructions above. Then install windows using custom. (Step 10 of this Tutorial)

Clean Install Windows 10

Then skip to Step 13. How big of a drive shows in the Window for step 13. Notice the note within step 13

Problem with harddrive [​IMG]

Can you click Next?

Caledon Ken, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Problem with harddrive

1. Problem with harddrive - Similar Threads - Problem harddrive

2. anyone help with the recover account i have insane problem the supoort not know what to do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone help with the recover account i have insane problem the supoort not know what to do...: my other account has been locked and i dont can acces to it i content the support they noy help so much and i dont know what to do i do recover account a but its not work with my phone number or my mom phone number my or my sis phone number if anyone haapend before i will be...
  3. anyone help with the recover account i have insane problem the supoort not know what to do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    anyone help with the recover account i have insane problem the supoort not know what to do...: my other account has been locked and i dont can acces to it i content the support they noy help so much and i dont know what to do i do recover account a but its not work with my phone number or my mom phone number my or my sis phone number if anyone haapend before i will be...
  4. Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death: When using my Computer, wether playing Games, writing Emails or surfing in the Internet my Screen would randomly turn black and after a while my Computer freezes with what I assume is a Bluescreen, which I cannot see because of the Screen turning black.After manually...
  5. Having some problems accessing files/folders on an external harddrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having some problems accessing files/folders on an external harddrive.: I recently bought two external HDD's to start backing up my files to photos, clips, etc. When I got them I formatted them both on NTFS from the W10 pc. I got all my old drives and backing up everything to one of the new ones the other one is meant as a secondary...
  6. Having a problem with accessing my harddrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having a problem with accessing my harddrive: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lenarizan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kzdy2b/having_a_problem_with_accessing_my_harddrive/
  7. Harddrive problems after splitting the drive for linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Harddrive problems after splitting the drive for linux: [ATTACH] My friend installed linux to test it and split up his HDD. After uninstalling linux the drive went empty and doesn´t show up as usual. A screenshot is provided below....
  8. Problem ejecting usb/external harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem ejecting usb/external harddrive: I have read everything on the internet but nothing seems to be offereing any solutions. So when I right click on the external drive i wish to eject, I don't have the eject option only format. I have gone down to the little arrow at the right bottom of the screen on my...
  9. Problem exploring secondary harddrive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem exploring secondary harddrive.: My pc is running windows 10 and I'm trying see files in another hdd that's running xp. I connected it as a slave just so I could see the files and collect and save what I needed to. when I go into storage and have a look It does show the hard drive and it does have the colour...
  10. Windows 10 Installation Problems On Seperate Internal Harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation Problems On Seperate Internal Harddrive: Has anyone heard of any problems with installing 10 on a separate hard drive with another os system like 7 ? I want to get rid of my 8.1 installation and go with 10 but I did have a few problems with the 7 install even though it was disconnected from my board during the...