Windows 10: Problem with HP laptop screen

Discus and support Problem with HP laptop screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP Laptop Model #15-r015dx, its app. 5 to 6 years old, and its unique feature its equipped with a touch screen. For the last 2 + years the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joseph Sirgo, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Problem with HP laptop screen

I have an HP Laptop Model #15-r015dx, its app. 5 to 6 years old, and its unique feature its equipped with a touch screen.

For the last 2 + years the screen has been displaying (intermittently) little random ghost circles throughout the screen and the mouse pointer uncontrollably will not stay in one place long enough to click a button, when it gets to this point I have to turn the laptop off for an hour or two. and when I turn it back on again the problem returns persistently again.

What I have done to resolve the problem:

1) Did a recovery

2) Reset the computer

3) Updated the HD for an SSD a year ago

4) Update its bios (yesterday)

5) Performed a 7-pass-wipe of the SSD I installed on it (yesterday).

6) Installed a fresh copy of the latest win 10 home version (1903).

None of these procedures have produced any results in eradicating the incapacitating this problem.

My question is:

is this a software, or a hardware issue?

If either or what in your opinion be the next step to take towards a resolution, for me it has become a 2 year challenge to figure out.

Thank you

:)

Joseph Sirgo, Sep 29, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 29, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

- this suggests BIOS corruption or a hardware problem...
    Whilst you might try flashing the BIOS (updating it may be necessary to run Win 10- witness your problem above), you also say you have access to it.
    Do you hear any beeps or sounds?

Try steps 1,2 here:
    Laptop freezes at HP logo without loading circle - HP Support Forum - 5997641

Check the version of your BIOS vs that listed on HP's site for your laptop.

I'm also wondering if this might be related to your CMOS battery inside your laptop. (This should be a normal circular battery).
    How to replace the CMOS battery
    - but that's just a thought.

Worth asking on the HP forum.

================================
    Sorry that's not how to create a bootable disk. All that disk is is data storage- as you just copied the files to it.

Please see:
    How to Create a Bootable DOS USB Drive
    for one way to do it using a free program.

However, given the above, doing that isn't likely to help you I'm afraid.

dalchina, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Problem with HP laptop screen

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Problem with HP laptop screen [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Problem with HP laptop screen

1. Problem with HP laptop screen - Similar Threads - Problem laptop screen

2. HP laptop black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop black screen: My HP laptop has a problem, when I turn on the computer, the computer screen remains black but the fan is running. The cap lock button isn’t blinking so it isn’t a bios problem. I tired various solutions on the internet such as turning on the pc while pressing windows and B...
  3. HP laptop black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laptop black screen: My HP laptop has a problem, when I turn on the computer, the computer screen remains black but the fan is running. The cap lock button isn’t blinking so it isn’t a bios problem. I tired various solutions on the internet such as turning on the pc while pressing windows and B...
  4. Flashing Screen, HP Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flashing Screen, HP Laptop: I’ve a friend with an HP laptop Windows 10, about 18 months old, with a flashing screen problem that started before Xmas. Can’t see any software installed around that date and running Taskmaster, the flashing continues Internet says this indicates not a software problem....
  5. hp laptop blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hp laptop blue screen: You should never give a knife to a four year old to play with nor let an 83yo try to install stuff on a old lap top!*Eek It is a 6year old HP pavillion (spl) with w 10 installed and was working. Disk is only half full. My question is how do you force it to open so you can...
  6. HP Laptop Touchpad Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop Touchpad Problem: Recently my HP laptop touchpad has been causing me difficulty while typing. The mouse cursor jumps to various locations in my document when I don't want it to, often highlighting sections of text. How do I turn off the tap feature of my touchpad while keeping the cursor...
  7. Printing Problems on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Printing Problems on HP Laptop: Hi guys, I'm using a HP Spectre laptop, Model 13t-3000, and have found it impossible to print recently - there have been no problems printing from other computers in my house. I have a cracked screen, but the computer works fine making me think that is not the cause of the...
  8. HP laptop sound problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP laptop sound problems: Hello, I have an HP laptop which I use for school, but in the last 2 weeks I've been having sound problems with it, when I turn on my laptop and I log in into my user usually the sound icon seems to be right, but when I open any app that requires sound, like Opera GX, a...
  9. HP laptop loading screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP laptop loading screens: My HP laptop is stuck between both logo and black screen turning circles. I tried to reinstall windows from a USB tool, deleting all partitions and creating a new one, but after completing the installation it goes back to the loading screen loop. I then tried the...
  10. HP Laptop flashing screen

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Laptop flashing screen: Good day to all. I have a HP laptop running the uptown date windows 10. Nine times out of ten then I connect an external drive to the USB port I get a browny colour flash on the screen and also when removing. Have checked all the latest HP updates from the HP website but no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Issues with the HP laptop screen