Windows 10: Problem with infolder search new function after 20H1 & 20H2 update

Discus and support Problem with infolder search new function after 20H1 & 20H2 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Friends i have the following problem before the last update , i open a folder and i wanted to go directly to the Folders started with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HenningF1987, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Problem with infolder search new function after 20H1 & 20H2 update

Hello Friends

i have the following problem

before the last update , i open a folder and i wanted to go directly to the Folders started with example "L" so i pressed "L" on the keyboard and got to the point where it jumped to the first folder with the letter "L" in the structure.

Since the last horrible win Update 20H it only enters the "L" in the search bar on the top right corner ... but dont jump to the first folder beginning with "L"

anyone knows how to reset the base funtion please .

since i have big folder structures this is a horribe experience , i dont know how to change it back to the original.

any Help is highly apprichiated

Thank you

:)

HenningF1987, Feb 3, 2021

2. Ok to Install 20H2 without 20H1 present?

I am running Windows 10 build 1909.

I have NOT installed update 20H1 yet.

Is it ok to go ahead and install 20H2, or am I supposed to manually install 20H1 first?

My PC is only offering 20H2, with the 20H1 offer disappearing recently.

PhilManley1, Feb 3, 2021
  3. Caio G. Win User
    Ok to Install 20H2 without 20H1 present?

Hi, PhilManley1!

My name is Caio. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

You can go ahead and install 20H2, it already includes 20H1 and previous updates' features and bug fixes.

I hope this helps you! Please let me know if I can assist you more.

Best regards,

Independent Advisor

Caio G., Feb 3, 2021
  4. DickC1978 Win User

Problem with infolder search new function after 20H1 & 20H2 update

Updating to 20h1 without a fast stable connection

Hello--This year I did not have access to the better network with a fast stable connection so I lost out on using the MCT to get the 20h1 ISO file.

Last year on the better connection I saved the 19h1 ISO file in about 55 minutes. Then used Rufus to put on a Flash drive.

At this point only 20h2 can be saved with the MCT. On the connection I have now it was taking 3 hours and 10 mins to get to 65 percent. I figured at least another hour, then the Verify before it got saved to the location selected.

At that time while it was working on getting the ISO I found a notice stating that 20h1 had to be installed before the 20h2 ISO file could be use.

If the ISO files are complete versions, why can't the current 20h2 ISO be used to upgrade?

My notebook was up to date for 18363.1139 as of the 2020-10 Quality updates.

And Feature 20h1 was showing On Hold in the second section.

As of 10/30 20h1 moved from On Hold to the first section as available Pending D/L

And 20h2 appeared On Hold in the second section.

DickC1978, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Problem with infolder search new function after 20H1 & 20H2 update

1. Problem with infolder search new function after 20H1 & 20H2 update - Similar Threads - Problem infolder search

2. Charging problem after 20H2 update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Charging problem after 20H2 update?: So recently I installed the 20H2 Update and I noticed that I started to stop charging as in my battery will stay on the same number, but somehow it reached down to 31 now and I knew that's when I knew its not charging. I changed my battery settings from better performance to...
  3. Taskbar problems after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar problems after 20H2 update: After I installed the update 20H2 on my machine, I've been experiencing some issues with my taskbar.First, the search on the start menu no longer works, as well as on the search box.I was typing on the GIF above.Second, the new News and Interests panel doesn't show up upon...
  4. Search bar issue since update 20H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar issue since update 20H1: hi i am having issue and seen it posted on reddit also that the search bar in the corner is showing up like a line here is a picture anyone have a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-issue-since-update-20h1/2f8fd36d-13a9-4533-8f35-d4de84082139
  5. Problems after forced updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after forced updating to 20H2: After updating to 20H2 version my system is laggy and unstable. After some time my audio gets choppy and laggy and after some while longer or shorter it eventually gets to normal working. The most important thing is that it's more like a system problem because at the time...
  6. Problems after updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after updating to 20H2: Hi all, I've been having many issues with my Windows account after updating to 20H2. Right after installing the update I noticed that Chrome was considerably slower (took a couple of seconds just to load the home screen), so I reversed the update to the last one. However,...
  7. Cannot update to 20H2 or 20H1 from 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update to 20H2 or 20H1 from 1909: Hi. I have a machine with Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 and Build Number 18363.1316. I checked for updates several times, but in the Windows Update section, it still says, "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it's ready for your device, you'll see the update...
  8. Problems after update to 20H2

Problems after update to 20H2: Hi all! Ever since I updated my Windows 10 to 20H2 version, I experience two problems that bug me quite a lot: every time the computer is restarted or turned on, I need to sign in to Skype every time after turning the computer on, all my network drives ask to put in...
  9. Loss of bluetooth functionality after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of bluetooth functionality after 20H2 update: Running a Windows 10 ASUS ROG laptop, latest 20H2 and security updates just came through this morning and now my Logitech mouse and UEBOOM bluetooth speaker will not connect / work. If I click the mouse buttons a couple of times it changes from paired to connected for a few...
  10. Search problems after upgrading to windows 10 20H2

Search problems after upgrading to windows 10 20H2: I upgraded to this update yesterday (from windows updates), it was available automatically. But after upgrading, I faced this problem: Whenever I start typing in start menu, search doesn't appear. When I click on search bar, then type something, no results (in fact nothing)...