Windows 10: Problem with install.

Discus and support Problem with install. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried upgrading my mom's computer from Win 7 Premium. The reservation was confirmed, the download was complete but when it attempts to install, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Motleyscrew, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Problem with install.

I tried upgrading my mom's computer from Win 7 Premium. The reservation was confirmed, the download was complete but when it attempts to install, I just get the message "Working on it". I left it on all night and it was still " working on it" 12 hours later.
    Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks.

:)

Motleyscrew, Aug 19, 2015

2. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, Aug 19, 2015
  3. how to write a letter on Windows 10

how do I proceed to type a letter and make a copy

help with a problem, Aug 19, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Problem with install.

No idea.

However, I suggest reading:

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

You could cancel the online upgrade and use other means that give you more control.

There's a lot of information there. Perhaps more than most people would want. It's very clearly written, though.

One recommendation: back up your Mom's PC before proceeding. My recommended method would be to image its hard drive to an external hard drive. It's not free, but there is a slight chance that the upgrade could go wrong in a way that would prevent you from booting into Windows to fix the problem. Then, you'd have to pay someone to get the computer running again. Such a technician wouldn't have to be unusually brutal to wipe all of your Mom's files.

bobkn, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Problem with install.

1. Problem with install. - Similar Threads - Problem install

2. New used laptop installation problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New used laptop installation problems: a component that was damaged or lost during an updateSelect “Update & Security”.Go to “Troubleshoot” and then “Additional troubleshooters”.Select “Windows Update” and click on “Run the troubleshooter”. Click on “Next” to start the troubleshooter. The process might take a...
  3. New used laptop installation problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New used laptop installation problems: a component that was damaged or lost during an updateSelect “Update & Security”.Go to “Troubleshoot” and then “Additional troubleshooters”.Select “Windows Update” and click on “Run the troubleshooter”. Click on “Next” to start the troubleshooter. The process might take a...
  4. New used laptop installation problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem when I open newly installed Chrome: I had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome as it was not updating. Now everytime I open Chrome it goes to the screen to ask whether I want this app to make changes to my device. It never did this before. How do I change this. I cannot find a setting on my laptop which assists...
  6. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem when I open newly installed Chrome: I had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome as it was not updating. Now everytime I open Chrome it goes to the screen to ask whether I want this app to make changes to my device. It never did this before. How do I change this. I cannot find a setting on my laptop which assists...
  7. Problem when I open newly installed Chrome

8. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  9. i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem

i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem: i re installed my operating system windows 8 pro, updates problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-re-installed-my-operating-system-windows-8-pro/cbec03ad-b505-4798-8266-e9b8c39f485a
  10. i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the...: i had installed windows 11 on my pc. I have a problem. when I turn on the microphone, the computer turns off. the screen is having a blue screen problem....