Windows 10: problem with installing non latin fonts on windows 10 x64

Discus and support problem with installing non latin fonts on windows 10 x64 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Im a designer and using all kinds of tools to make parts of logotypes, digital art, etc. On my mac, I have no problem installing any Latin fonts, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by midihooker, Jul 7, 2021.

1. problem with installing non latin fonts on windows 10 x64

Im a designer and using all kinds of tools to make parts of logotypes, digital art, etc. On my mac, I have no problem installing any Latin fonts, but on both Windows laptops only one or two of HUNDREDS of beautiful sculptured fonts get installed, YES, they get installed, BUT only Latin letters come up in the preview so I dont install them. I tried installing them anyway, but I get only Latin letters when installed also. I hate to be one of those that have to turn to mac as soon as any kind of design is involved. Here is a link to a giant and well-programmed font library that I so desperately want to use fonts from on my windows laptop. Or I must buy an expensive mac, just for the fonts lol. Google Noto Fonts Does anyone have a clue why its not possible? Oh yeah, as I said, I managed to install a few fonts, but not as many as I want. And not from that library. They all are frequently updated and in .ttf format. All help is very appreciated

:)

midihooker, Jul 7, 2021

2. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

Thanks for the suggestion, but, sadly, it does not. In addition, I have gone to the Font Management setting and followed Microsoft's directions explicitly. Win 10 will NOT let me delete any installed font (except ones that I have installed myself), and it will NOT let me hide any font at all. The 'Hide' setting says it will hide the font from applications, but EVERY application that offers a choice of fonts, whether from Microsoft (Office, Word, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.) or third parties (such as OpenOffice) shows ALL the fonts listed in the Font Management listing. Every. Single. One.

There was a script for removing the non-Latin fonts from Win 7 that automated the process. That script does not work in Win 10. Is there one that does?

Thanks in advance for any help/

Bookbear1948, Jul 7, 2021
  3. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

non-Latin = characters from other alphabets, such as Thai or Arabic

Non-Latin fonts:
    Batang
    Mangal
    Meriyo
    ming LiU
    Ya-Hei
    SimSun
    SimHei
    SimKai
    Urdu
    Traditional Arabic

The list goes on. All of these came pre-installed with Win 10. Most are grayed out, which should indicate they are 'hidden', but they ALL still show on EVERY program that allows font choices.
    Myanmar Text

4. problem with installing non latin fonts on windows 10 x64

Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

This is my first post here. I have a new ultrabook (which I rather like) that came with Win 10 pre-installed. It has a slew of non-Latin fonts that I would like to delete (I have to wade through them all in pick lists on OpenOffice Writer). I have tried deleting them via Control Panel/Appearance/Fonts, with no success. Is there an easy way to delete the non-Latin fonts? Is there ANY way?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thema:

problem with installing non latin fonts on windows 10 x64

1. problem with installing non latin fonts on windows 10 x64 - Similar Threads - problem installing non

2. Non-Latin Fonts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non-Latin Fonts: [ATTACH] i've been searching this for days, but is there any way to change the Non-Latin Fonts? the fonts sucks so bad its even looks like a bitmap fonts. note that i already use MacType, so font rendering is not the problem here....
  3. how come it´s almost impossible to install non Latin fonts on english windows 10 x64 pro...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how come it´s almost impossible to install non Latin fonts on english windows 10 x64 pro...: I´m a graphic designer/designer but have scripts and written languages as a hobby. On my mac I can install every font there is, and I mean nonlatin fonts. But hardly ever work on non of my windows machines.I would also love to have the ability to work with them when I work,...
  4. Windows 10: zipping files with name/content in non-Latin characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: zipping files with name/content in non-Latin characters: In Windows 7, I can zip files with Hebrew names by using "send to compressed folder". In Windows 10 I receive an error message saying that the file has characters which cannot be used in compressed folders. I received it for files with names in Hebrew, but also for those with...
  5. Extract the files with non-latin name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extract the files with non-latin name: Hello, I am using a software to extract the files (it's not like winrar or zip, so I can't replace this software for another software). However, it can only save files with names of Latin characters, files with non-latin names that are displayed incorrectly. The messages...
  6. Windows 10 x64 Build 1909 Install Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 x64 Build 1909 Install Problems: Ok so I have a Gateway laptop that is currently running Build 1803 x64. When I received it the main profile was corrupt so I repaired that issue by making another profile and migrating any personal data to the new account. Then I checked windows update and discovered that...
  7. Font Installation and Use Problem in Windows 10

Font Installation and Use Problem in Windows 10: I have two computers with Windows 10 installed (one an upgrade from Windows 7, the other an original Windows 10 installation) A new project requires the following OpenType fonts in TheSerifBlack font family: TheSerifBlack-Caps TheSerifBlack-CapsItalic...
  8. Problem installing Windows 10 x64 Home OEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing Windows 10 x64 Home OEM: I've tried to install Windows 10 x64 Home OEM but it gets to around 90% and stops. I have two Windows 10 x64 Home OEM packages with activation key. I have tried both and they both do the same thing. I thought it could be the dvd drive but I tried another one that I verified...
  9. SUDDEN INSTALLED FONTS PROBLEMS WINDOWS 10

SUDDEN INSTALLED FONTS PROBLEMS WINDOWS 10: Hi! 2 days ago I was working on an Excel spreadsheet and sent to print, but it didn't print at all. I discovered that some fonts that I have downloaded from dafont.com or fontsquirrel aren't printing in any Office 2016 app or even in Adobe Illustator or pdfs. I have tried...
  10. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home: This is my first post here. I have a new ultrabook (which I rather like) that came with Win 10 pre-installed. It has a slew of non-Latin fonts that I would like to delete (I have to wade through them all in pick lists on OpenOffice Writer). I have tried deleting them via...