Windows 10: Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2.

Discus and support Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to install the latest update version 20H2 but I have a laptop with a dead battery and it is is running off the power cable. Every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WindowsUser99, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2.

Hi, I'm trying to install the latest update version 20H2 but I have a laptop with a dead battery and it is is running off the power cable. Every time I turn on my laptop or restart it, I get a message telling me the battery needs to be replaced black screen that says press to continue. So, since the update tells me my laptop needs to restart multiple times, I'm guessing I interrupt the installation because of the battery I have my screen set to low brightness but it switch to high brightness during installation, so I think that kills the battery. Is there another way to install the updates? I'm trying to use the windows 10 update assistant but I'm getting an error code 0x80070652. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

:)

WindowsUser99, Mar 14, 2021

2. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Mar 14, 2021
  3. peteramd Win User
    problem installing software in version 20H2

Of course I took all precautions. I've been using a software for years (Acronis TIH latest version) and I have two backups as I always keep the latest backup when I make a new one. I just wanted to see if anyone has a similar problem with 20H2. On my own PC I am still on Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 2004 (build 19041.630) but this is my neighbor's PC which I had to completely load from scratch as his PC was so badly messed up. The last thing I did before I returned the PC to him was update to the latest 20H2 and then when I tried to install some last missing soft I ran into this problem. I don't want to spend a lot of time at my neighbor's house (COVID obliges) so now I will have to take the PC back to my house to work on it, which is what I was hoping to avoid.

Next step: restore the penultimate backup which I made before the update and see if that solves the problem.

PS:
    Btw., I did check the system and the disks in various ways including all the ones you suggest like SCANNOW, CHKDSK, etc., as well as Windows check program included as one of the tools with IoBit's ASC Pro, and did turn off firewall, antivirus and similar stuff working off-line.
    I've been using ASC Pro together with Bitdefender for years without any problems, as long as you take some precautions like making sure Antivirus and Malware protection don't run at the same time since these are also part of Bitdefender Internet Security. As for Driver Booster, never had any problem but it does include a restore that allows you to go back if anything is wrong. There is also a software updater that is very useful.
    My backups are of course always on a separate physical drive, preferably an external one you can disconnect. I also use full backup, never incremental ones. PC's today are sufficiently fast and storage space cheap so that's not an issue.
    I tend to be a little careful with free software, after all it does cost to develop and especially constantly keep up to date software so well known paid software I feel more confident in.

So it's back to the workbench...

- - - Updated - - -

OK, quick update, the problem was indeed related to the W10 update to 20H2. I restored the last backup I did before W10 was updated and everything worked fine so I could install all the remaining software. Once I finish installing everything and have a perfectly working system I will make a new backup, then update again and see if things still work.

Interesting to know if anybody else has run into similar problems with W10 20H2 ?

peteramd, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2.

1. Problem with installing the latest Windows update Version 20H2. - Similar Threads - Problem installing latest

2. Problems installing version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems installing version 20H2 update: Hi, I am having trouble installing version 20H2. After several attempts, each time I end up with the error message "Windows installation could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware" and then the device shuts down almost immediately. I tried to install the...
  3. Problem in Updating latest version of Windows

Problem in Updating latest version of Windows: I'm using Acer Aspire 3. I'm try to update my pc for latest version but it always appears the error 0xc1900101 even I have enough space in hard drive. After I update the windows by windows 10 update assistant. The system shows that user profile cannot being reloaded. Then, I...
  4. Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.

Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.: I am using the laptop Asus Pentium Quad Core. I was updating the windows 10 version 20h2 according to the notification on the taskbar. When I started updating for the first time it showed failed to update. Second time I showed error 0x8007042. then I went to troubleshoot the...
  5. Problems with installing windows windows 10 version 20H2 feature update

Problems with installing windows windows 10 version 20H2 feature update: I have been trying to install windows 10 version 20H2 update for a week now. It doesn't install. Today I have managed to get to 94% installed after 3hrs. It has been stuck on this for at least 30 minutes. My connection is a good 4G connection. Is there a fix? I have given...
  6. Problem after updating Windows to latest version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem after updating Windows to latest version: I used Wireless connection all the time, now when I dated to this latest version, I can't find any network. It says I have to use some Ethernet cable and there is no other option and I definitely do not want to buy a cable to stretch from my room to the internet room, is...
  7. Unable to update windows to latest version 20H2

Unable to update windows to latest version 20H2: check for updates don't show any new updates did troubleshoot windows update, it couldn't find anything wrong tried running windows 10 update assistant, it states that this pc can't be upgraded to the latest version pc is hp 440 G4 anything i can try here ? [ATTACH]...
  8. problem installing software in version 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem installing software in version 20H2: Hi all I had to re-install from scratch on a PC and installed all the updates available including 20H2 Windows here a detail of the current install and HW: Windows 10 Family Version 20H2 Version expl.sys 19042.630 Windows Feature Experience pack 120.2212.31.0 Intel(R)...
  9. Windows 10, version 2004 and/or 20H2, -- "Windows Update" Installation Problem

Windows 10, version 2004 and/or 20H2, -- "Windows Update" Installation Problem: Hello: I'm experiencing a Windows 10, "Windows Update" utility installation problem with either Windows 10, version 2004 or version 20H2 updates. Problem Statement: • [Reference First Captured Update Utility Screen] Windows' Update utility...
  10. Problem installing latest version of Windows 10

Problem installing latest version of Windows 10: Hi, I purchased a desktop computer a a few years back with Windows 8.1 . I then proceeded to upgrade to the free version of Windows 10. Lately, I was unable to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10 always confronted with various error codes. I left my machine for...