Windows 10: Problem with installing w10 on w7

Discus and support Problem with installing w10 on w7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All,During installation of the w10, I am facing the following error message, and I am trying every suggestions of this website but seems doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sattarEzzati, Aug 14, 2021.

1. Problem with installing w10 on w7

Hi All,During installation of the w10, I am facing the following error message, and I am trying every suggestions of this website but seems doesn't work for me.I would appreciate to take a look and give me some hints.It should be noted that my w7 is original and have valid serial number, since the location doesn't matter with the installation. I would appreciate if you could send me the ISO file via link, cause my internet speed is slow like a snail. : Here is my email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Thanks for your support. having this EDIT: I am moving this thread to Windows 10 forum.

:)

sattarEzzati, Aug 14, 2021

2. W7 access of W10 share

On my home network W10 systems can access shares on other W10 systems, and W10 can access W7 shares. However, when W7 tries to access a W10 share, it wants a network password. I give it the user/pswd I use to log in on the W10 but that doesn't help.

I found one place:
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cannot-access-shared-folder-windows
    that suggested setting HKLM...Lsa\restrictanonymous to 1
    but that didn't seem to help.

TIA!

Paul Kinzelman, Aug 14, 2021
  3. xprdc Win User
    Running W10, want to install W7 on separate partition

I'm currently running W10, having taken advantage of the upgrade, but I'm having a few problems with some programs that I've decided was simply better on Windows 7.

I still have my W7 installation media, and so I wanted to put it on a separate partition. I ran the installer, but it failed, and according to

this
    article it's because I need to install the older OS before the newer ones.

So I have a few questions on how to proceed:

• Do I use my W7 installation media and put it over W10?
      • I imagine doing this will require me to do two more installs, one to put Windows 7 on the intended partition, and another to reinstall Windows 10.

• Will I need a new product key if I try to reinstall my copy of W7?

• If I do reinstall W7, will I still be able to upgrade back to W10
    I do still have the W10 stuff on the USB, so I'm not sure if that will make a difference or not.

Sorry if this is confusing, but I'd appreciate any help or advice anyone can help.

xprdc, Aug 14, 2021
  4. BobiJoBJ Win User

Problem with installing w10 on w7

W7 to W10 upgrade

I have tried to upgrade to W10 home premium from my 64-bit W7 home premium operating system on my laptop. I checked that I meet all requirements and have tried everything anyone ever suggested. I wasted 2 days in December 2015, and still failed.

I had no problem in March 2016 upgrading my desktop W7 Ultimate to W10, so I thought I might try again to upgrade my W7 home premium.

I have now wasted another 2 days in March trying to upgrade the laptop. Either it is a problem with my laptop that the Windows Update Trouble-Shooter does not find, or W7 Home Premium (64) will not upgrade to W10. I give up.

BobiJoBJ, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Problem with installing w10 on w7

1. Problem with installing w10 on w7 - Similar Threads - Problem installing w10

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. Installation Failure W7 - W10

Installation Failure W7 - W10: Laptop couldn't install W10, set back to previous state W7Pro. Failure code 0x800707E7-OX3000D. The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. Is anyone familiar with this?...
  5. Problems moving data from W7 to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems moving data from W7 to W10: I'm moving my wife's data from her W7 laptop to a W10 laptop (W10 home 1903, build 18362.836) and I'm hitting problems. I've transferred her data fine but: 1. I cannot access her thunderbird profile which is at users/../.../roaming/Thunderbird/profiles/...... I get access...
  6. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  7. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  8. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  9. Installers written for W7 - on W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installers written for W7 - on W10?: Hi all *Smile I am thinking of building a 64-bit W10 machine; I currently use 64-bit W7. I remember going from W98 to XP, it was impossible to install many (all?) w98 apps in XP, until the sw dev came out with a new installer compatible with XP. Same with XP to Vista....
  10. W7 pro & W10 dual boot problem

W7 pro & W10 dual boot problem: I want to Dual Boot my existing W7 pro with W10 pro as in Dual Boot Tutorial by Brink. I made W10 Installation USB removed fast boot & secure boot and installed W10. I have W7 (C drive) on a 500gb SSD and installed a new 500gb SSD for W10 (D drive) I installed W10 on the D...