Windows 10: Problem with internal webcam when using the Microsoft Teams app

Discus and support Problem with internal webcam when using the Microsoft Teams app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Hp Elitebook 8570p where the webcam does not work in the Teams app (only black when turning it on). The camera is also not listed in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DemPhil, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Problem with internal webcam when using the Microsoft Teams app

I have a Hp Elitebook 8570p where the webcam does not work in the Teams app (only black when turning it on). The camera is also not listed in the device manager. It works on other apps and when I use Teams in edge it also works. I also looked online but I could not find anything that solves the issue.

List of things I tried:

-Looked inside the windows settings and Teams itself if Teams has permissions to use the camera.

-Went to appdata/roaming/microsoft/teams and deleted everything inside

-installed the Hp driver for the webcam

-Updated Teams

-Deinstalled the anti Virus

submitted by /u/DemPhil
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DemPhil, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Ertrugrul Win User

My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams

Hi Antonio,

I have gone into settings as you said.

Microsoft Teams is listed under 'Some desktop apps might not appear in the following list or are not affected by this setting' which comes under the 'Allow desktop apps to access your camera'.

The Webcam works with the following apps: -

Windows Camera app

Skype (from Microsoft)

Zoom

I have checked that my Kaspersky software and it is allowing access by Teams to the Webcam. I uninstalled the Webcam driver and then reinstalled it.

As the Webcam works with all other apps then I believe it must be the interaction with Teams and my Webcam.

Please advise next steps please.

Ertrugrul, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Problem with internal webcam when using the Microsoft Teams app

Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue with my internal webcam on my laptop (Asus UX430UA). Basically whenever I use the windows camera app, skype or any other video service it just shows a black screen, also a white led turns on next to the webcam when using the apps possibly indicating the webcam is on? I tried googling and looking at other forums for months now and seems like no one has a straight answer and/or fix. I tried uninstalling the webcam driver " USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" and reinstalling and that didn't work, tried looking for an updated driver via Asus driver downloads and there isn't one listed for my model and also made sure all Windows 10 privacy settings are not blocking the webcam from working and that still didn't work. Hopefully someone has a suggestion that I haven't tried yet, here are the details of the driver; Version: 10.0.18362.693, Date: 6/21/2006.

Thanks in advance!

AustBart22, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Problem with internal webcam when using the Microsoft Teams app

1. Problem with internal webcam when using the Microsoft Teams app - Similar Threads - Problem internal webcam

2. Microsoft Teams problem Windows 11 app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Teams problem Windows 11 app: Hello Microsoft , Today I wanted just to check on the icon of Microsoft teams in windows 11 ,and then it showed me like5 errors after when I click next . I will give you a screen shot for that ! I will try fixing it while waiting for you to reply ! Keep in mind that Microsoft...
  3. Webcam freezes in Zoom or Teams when launched

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam freezes in Zoom or Teams when launched: Hello, I have checked for updates to ensure that the laptop is on the latest and greatest windows update. Whenever the user wants to attend a zoom or teams meeting the webcam launches and freezes. Hardware: HP ZBook 15 G4, sn: CND8194Z3D The device is listed as an HP HD...
  4. Webcam keeps turning off but only when using MS Teams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam keeps turning off but only when using MS Teams: Hello all, Like a lot of people working from home during the Covid-19 pandemic I am using virtual meetings a lot and as a part of that I rely on my webcam to assist with these virtual meetings. My webcam seems to work flawless with all conference applications like Zoom and...
  5. Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam

Teams not detecting the internal and external webcam: Microsoft teams was working fine since yesterday. It started not detecting the camera although all the necessary permissions are given to it. Microphone is working just fine as always. Device Name - Lenovo 80D OS - Windows 10 latest build...
  6. microsoft teams webcam not working

microsoft teams webcam not working: Yesterday the 23rd of June I was having a school meeting as I was going to on the camera when suddenly it said "No available camera found" this problem was in the camera also.I cannot on the camera as it is stuck zoom and other meetings have access to the camera I need the...
  7. My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams

My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams: My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams. When I start a Microsoft Teams meeting the Webcam light switches on but the window showing the picture remains blank I have uninstalled the Webcam driver and re-installed it. My Microsoft Webcam Apps works fine. Skype...
  8. Microsoft teams cannot use the webcam but Skype can

Microsoft teams cannot use the webcam but Skype can: I tried everything to be found in the web but it didn't resolve the issue. BTW, my computer is a Dell Inspiron of 2019 Oct Make with integrated webcam....
  9. Internal Webcam

Internal Webcam: Hi there, like many others here my internal webcam is not working. It does not show up in Device Manager under any of the sub menus. I've watched and read countless videos and articles on how to get it working and nothing helps. I suspect the main issue is that I am missing...
  10. Scrolling Problem When Using Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scrolling Problem When Using Microsoft Apps: Hey guys, my dad's laptop is having issues with scrolling when using apps by Microsoft. He stated that he first noticed this issue when he tried to play a game of Solitaire on the Microsoft Solitaire Collection app. The game would scroll the screen down all the way to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. teams elitebook camera