Windows 10: Problem with internet connection after Windows 10 installation

Discus and support Problem with internet connection after Windows 10 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I faced this issue after re-installation of Windows 10. The internet connection is unstable and weak. I know that my router is working OK because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Coralys Fernandez, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Problem with internet connection after Windows 10 installation

I faced this issue after re-installation of Windows 10. The internet connection is unstable and weak. I know that my router is working OK because the internet connection of the other PC on the same network is perfect. What can cause this issue?

:)

Coralys Fernandez, Nov 24, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Internet connectivity problems

Hello Walrus,

There can be a number of reasons for no internet connection in Windows, some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you troubleshoot and resolve network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Cvrk Win User

Problem with internet connection after Windows 10 installation

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Problem with internet connection after Windows 10 installation [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

Problem with internet connection after Windows 10 installation

1. Problem with internet connection after Windows 10 installation - Similar Threads - Problem internet connection

2. Fixing "no internet connection" problem after windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing "no internet connection" problem after windows installation: Hi all!I need a little help with my internet connection. I had to install the Windows 10 Home 22H2 again from USB after a problem with the boot disc. After the installation, I have had problems connecting to the internet. I'm able to reach the modem but once connected to the...
  3. Fixing "no internet connection" problem after windows installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fixing "no internet connection" problem after windows installation: Hi all!I need a little help with my internet connection. I had to install the Windows 10 Home 22H2 again from USB after a problem with the boot disc. After the installation, I have had problems connecting to the internet. I'm able to reach the modem but once connected to the...
  4. Fixing "no internet connection" problem after windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. No Internet connection after installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Internet connection after installing windows 10: I have a MacOS and have downloaded and installed windows 10 on a seperate partition.During the installation I had to select “Limited setup as I did not have an internet connection.When the installation was finished I still could not set up an inner connection.I live in an Age...
  6. No Internet connection after installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet connection after installing windows 10: I have a MacOS and have downloaded and installed windows 10 on a seperate partition.During the installation I had to select “Limited setup as I did not have an internet connection.When the installation was finished I still could not set up an inner connection.I live in an Age...
  7. No Internet connection after installing windows 10

8. No internet connection after windows 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No internet connection after windows 10 clean install: I did a windows 10 clean install and now i cant connect to the internet? I went to device manager and under other devices it shows that things are missing like ethernet controller, pci devices, and other things? What do i do? Should i just clean install again?...
  9. Internet connection problem (windows 10)

Internet connection problem (windows 10): I have been having problems connecting to the internet on my PC I have used the MS guide to try to fix the connection this hasn't worked. Also, I have booted into safe mode with networking and connected an ethernet cable and connected the pc to WIFi, the only program that has...
  10. No Internet Connection by Ethernet after Windows 10 installation

No Internet Connection by Ethernet after Windows 10 installation: Hi, I installed Windows 10 earlier today and could not get the internet connection by ethernet working. Please advise as there has been no useful information on the internet that works. Regards Adrian 73230