Windows 10: Problem with internet speed connection. Slower internet on win 10.

Discus and support Problem with internet speed connection. Slower internet on win 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. I have a weird problem with my internet connection. After i had instaled win 10, my interned slowed down. Before i had speed around 50... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by januchapl, Aug 29, 2015.

1. januchapl Win User

Problem with internet speed connection. Slower internet on win 10.

Hi all.
    I have a weird problem with my internet connection.
    After i had instaled win 10, my interned slowed down.

Before i had speed around 50 mbps (old result under)

Problem with internet speed connection. Slower internet on win 10. [​IMG]

Now my speed is 10-15 mbps - no more.

Problem with internet speed connection. Slower internet on win 10. [​IMG]

I do not know what to do.
    I did nothing more than i instaled win 10.
    Is it because of drivers, firewall ???

If there is more information needed (router, firewall name, etc.), ill try to give it to you to solve this problem.
    Please help.
    JM

:)

januchapl, Aug 29, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Download Speeds

Your download speed is established and controlled by your ISP. Windows can't make it faster or slower.

Do you really have internet speed measured in kb/s? That's remarkably slow. What kind of connection do you have to the internet?

BulldogXX, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Very slow internet browsing speed while Windows 10 downloading updates

I too am having the same problem. I have slower internet speed than you and it takes days for these updates to download. I'm unable to use my computer. I'm glad I found this explanation, but it doesn't help me fix getting my computer back while I am waiting
    days for this to download. I've contacted my internet provider to inquire about a faster internet speed and I was told there is none. I've waited over 3 years already to get a faster internet speed.

Microsoft needs to consider that not all internet providers offer faster speed to their subscribers. This problem reminds me of the days of dial up connectivity.

FrustratedWithUpdate, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Problem with internet speed connection. Slower internet on win 10.

TairikuOkami, Aug 29, 2015
  5. januchapl Win User
    I'll reply after i try to do this ;>
    Hope it help *Wink

januchapl, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Hydranix Win User
    A better test site to use is:

TestMy.net Broadband Internet Speed Test

Also, your ping has doubled between the tests. Since home internet connections can vary tremendously due to a huge array of conditions, including, but not limited to:

-Your neighbors usage (cable internet is most dramatically effected by this)
    -The current route your data is taking to the destination and vice-versa.
    -The current load on your system and the server you're testing with.
    -Other devices on your home network.
    -Time of day
    -Day of week
    -Where you live (this can cause huge fluctuations between tests form the same location)
    -SNR

You would ideally need to perform these tests as close to each other as possible before you blame the OS.

Hydranix, Aug 29, 2015
  7. januchapl Win User
    januchapl, Aug 30, 2015
  8. Problem with internet speed connection. Slower internet on win 10.

Your system specs say you also have Mac OSX. Have you tried that to see if the same slowdown exists?

Mark Phelps, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with internet speed connection. Slower internet on win 10.

1. Problem with internet speed connection. Slower internet on win 10. - Similar Threads - Problem internet speed

2. Slower internet speeds on HP Laptop Than Normal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slower internet speeds on HP Laptop Than Normal: So I have this problem where my internet speed is not reciprocated on my HP laptop. I normally fix this by using HP Assistant where it would reset my network adapters and I would gain my normal mbps 120 but recently HP assistant is not fixing my issues and I’m stuck with an...
  3. very slower internet speeds and lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very slower internet speeds and lagging: When I go to look in task manager it shows that my send and receive speeds are 20-70 Kbps when my speeds are supposed to be 250 Mbps+ and even when I'm playing games it's super laggy and almost unplayable and I use an ethernet cable. Furthermore when i go online and do an...
  4. very slower internet speeds and lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very slower internet speeds and lagging: When I go to look in task manager it shows that my send and receive speeds are 20-70 Kbps when my speeds are supposed to be 250 Mbps+ and even when I'm playing games it's super laggy and almost unplayable and I use an ethernet cable. Furthermore when i go online and do an...
  5. Slower internet speeds on one device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slower internet speeds on one device: I am getting slower download speeds on my desktop than what I did before. I should be getting upwards of ~400Mb/s at least, especially since I’m plugged via Ethernet. My brothers desktop is getting these speeds and is connected through WiFi. I recall this happening one time...
  6. Internet speed problem!

Internet speed problem!: Regards to all! In addition to my Dell workstation, there is also a Fujitsu Celsius R670-2 workstation. On Dell, the internet speed is 300Mb/s, and on Fujitsu it is 110Mb/s. Upload is same. What is the problem? 170026
  7. Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi

Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi: I will try to fix my wired internet speed that is 6 times slower than my wifi speed! My internet speed is only 80 Mbps whereas * laptop windows 10 * a realtek card PCIe GbE Family Controller #8168E, Maximum speed download/upload 1000 Mbps/1000 Mbps, latest driver (10.36 -...
  8. Internet speed problems

Internet speed problems: Hello; I'm trying to find out if there is something wrong with my network settings. I just upgraded my service with my cable provider. I had been using their 50Mbps service and was getting around 40-45 on all of my devices when I ran speedtest.net. I just upgraded to a...
  9. Slower internet speed after fresh install

Slower internet speed after fresh install: I fixed it. All I did was reset the network and uninstall the family control. Now I have 150 down and 10 up, and downloads are no longer a problem.
  10. Internet connection speed challenge

Internet connection speed challenge: When using wireless internet our 2 Dell laptops are getting download speeds of around 1.4Mbps. (we have a service that offers up to 24Mbps speeds). Using the same wireless internet, my linx tablet gets a speed of 15Mbps, ten times as fast. When we connect a laptop to...