Windows 10: problem with KB4557957

Discus and support problem with KB4557957 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have a Brother HL-L2340DL printer and the MS update KB4557957 stops my printer working and Brother Helpdesk told me to delete the update which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulGuest4, Jun 25, 2020.

1. problem with KB4557957

Hi

I have a Brother HL-L2340DL printer and the MS update KB4557957 stops my printer working and Brother Helpdesk told me to delete the update which I did and the printer works works again.

BUT..... the update keeps coming back and I have to delete it - this all takes about 10 minutes when I want to work every couple of days.

Can anyone tell me how to get over this problem AND tell MS to look at this, because I imagine that there must be thousands of people like me with the same printer and problem.

Or am I stuck with this problem?

Thanks.

:)

PaulGuest4, Jun 25, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Jun 25, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

problem with KB4557957

UNIGINE-Valley BENCHMARK scores

OK, no problem! It's your list...I was just making a suggestion. No hard feelings?

rtwjunkie, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

problem with KB4557957

1. problem with KB4557957 - Similar Threads - problem KB4557957

2. EventID 41 Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EventID 41 Problem: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>9</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>...
  3. EventID 41 Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EventID 41 Problem: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>9</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>...
  4. Problem with Sticky Notes on Desktop Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Sticky Notes on Desktop Screen: I have multiple Sticky Notes spread across my desktop screen. Why is it when I do a restart and the desktop appears as normal....all of my sticky notes default to the top left corner of the screen and not to their original position I had them on my desktop screen? Also, for...
  5. Problem with Sticky Notes on Desktop Screen

Problem with Sticky Notes on Desktop Screen: I have multiple Sticky Notes spread across my desktop screen. Why is it when I do a restart and the desktop appears as normal....all of my sticky notes default to the top left corner of the screen and not to their original position I had them on my desktop screen? Also, for...
  6. ransomware problem bgzq

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware problem bgzq: Hello Everyone, all files on my PC are encrypted by a ransomware virus, and I did a new operating system but all files with the extension .bgzqand there are very important files ,at least I need to restore some of them , I would appreciate for any help to solve that...
  7. I got multiple problems. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got multiple problems. Can someone help me?: 1. I got a corrupted files when I "SFC /Scannow" on my SDD and HDD. 2. There were some problems installing updates on Windows Updates. 3. The read-only keeps reverting back even when I created a new folder on both SDD and HDD4. When it comes to dims.exe /restorehealth I am...
  8. I got multiple problems. Can someone help me?

I got multiple problems. Can someone help me?: 1. I got a corrupted files when I "SFC /Scannow" on my SDD and HDD. 2. There were some problems installing updates on Windows Updates. 3. The read-only keeps reverting back even when I created a new folder on both SDD and HDD4. When it comes to dims.exe /restorehealth I am...
  9. KB4557957 Updates Problem - Print spooler might error or close unexpectedly when attempting...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4557957 Updates Problem - Print spooler might error or close unexpectedly when attempting...: After installing KB4557957 update I am having printing problem. I think Microsoft has roll out a latest update KB4567523 to fix this issue but unfortunately this update doesn't install on my laptop. I am having the following OS 1909. Windows 10, version 1909 OS Build...
  10. KB4557957 OS Build 19041.329 created a problem with audio on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4557957 OS Build 19041.329 created a problem with audio on Surface Pro 4: FYI: This latest update KB 4557957 deleted the sound troubleshooter from my Surface Pro 4 device A003410 and eliminated the ability to use headphones or a microphone connected to the surface pro. All sounds from all apps were put through the native hardware sound devices...
Tags: