Windows 10: Problem with language bar and Japanese

Discus and support Problem with language bar and Japanese in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!I'm trying to get the Japanese typing, specifically hiragana, to work on my Windows 10. My language bar looks very different from what I've seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AriaKapynen, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Problem with language bar and Japanese

Hello!I'm trying to get the Japanese typing, specifically hiragana, to work on my Windows 10. My language bar looks very different from what I've seen and I don't know how to make the kana function work. All of the tutorials I've found on Google have different kind of language bar, one that I'm used to and I can't find any information about my issue.Instead of this:I have this:Would anyone happen to know if it's possible to get the other type of language bar or how to make the kana function work?- Aria

:)

AriaKapynen, Jan 27, 2022
  2. takudl Win User

Japanese IME missing in language bar

Hello,

I have a problem with installing Japanese language to my PC. In the "Region and language" menu I have 4 languages present: English (US), Russian, Latvian and Japanese. However, my language bar (in tray) contains all but Japanese. It is missing and no way
    to select Japanese. How can I get my required language?

takudl, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Japanese Language Pack cannot install. Computer is Surface Pro 3

Hi Lee,

To get a better clarity about the issue, please provide the details below:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Time and language in settings window.

• Click on Region and language from left navigation pane.

• Click on Add a language (+ symbol)

• Select Japanese language pack.
    • Now, click on Japanese language pack and click on
      Set a default button under the Region and language from left navigation pane.

Step 2:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select
      Control panel.

• Type Language in the search bar located at the top right corner of Control panel and click on language.

• Click on the Japaneselanguage pack on the Language window.

• Click on Download and install language pack button under
      Japanese
      language pack.

• Enter the administrator password if prompted.

• Click on Save button.

Please post back with the updated status regarding issue with downloading language pack, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Problem with language bar and Japanese

Japanese is missing in language bar

Although in the "Region and language" menu I can see Japanese among others, in the language bar (in tray) I cannot see it. So I don’t have any chance to select Japanese. How can I get it?

Sandra Valdez1, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

Problem with language bar and Japanese

1. Problem with language bar and Japanese - Similar Threads - Problem language bar

2. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  3. language in japanese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    language in japanese: After installing Japanese Keyboard, I no longer have the error of full-width changing to half-width in Japanese on the website https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-in-japanese/170717c1-f67d-4cc4-81ec-71bb376579c9
  4. Japanese language not working in the language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese language not working in the language bar: I tried to add Japanese language, it shows in my language bar now but doesn't work. I can see that it has failed to download the basic input and any input, so when I tried right click on A, I can see the hiragana and other choice, but it doesn't allow me to use, and simply...
  5. Japanese language not working in the language bar

Japanese language not working in the language bar: I tried to add Japanese language, it shows in my language bar now but doesn't work. I can see that it has failed to download the basic input and any input, so when I tried right click on A, I can see the hiragana and other choice, but it doesn't allow me to use, and simply...
  6. Problem with language bar and Japanese

Problem with language bar and Japanese: Hello!I'm trying to get the Japanese typing, specifically hiragana, to work on my Windows 10. My language bar looks very different from what I've seen and I don't know how to make the kana function work. All of the tutorials I've found on Google have different kind of...
  7. Language bar Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language bar Problems: I think easily one of the most frustrating things about the new Windows 10 is that the forced updates frequently crashes, forces complete clean reinstalls, and of more minor annoyances, disappears previously fully functional intuitive UIs. For example, the Language bar...
  8. Japanese is missing in language bar

Japanese is missing in language bar: Although in the "Region and language" menu I can see Japanese among others, in the language bar (in tray) I cannot see it. So I don’t have any chance to select Japanese. How can I get it?...
  9. Japanese IME missing in language bar

Japanese IME missing in language bar: Hello, I have a problem with installing Japanese language to my PC. In the "Region and language" menu I have 4 languages present: English (US), Russian, Latvian and Japanese. However, my language bar (in tray) contains all but Japanese. It is missing and no way to select...
  10. Problem: Redundant languages in the language bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem: Redundant languages in the language bar: I have on the language bars redundant languages, namely: English UK and English International, although my current language settings are configured to Arabic Saudi Arabia and English US. Here is a GIF explanation of my problem. Animated GIF - Find Share on GIPHY...