Windows 10: Problem with latest .NET Core Security Update

Discus and support Problem with latest .NET Core Security Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am writing a C++ app named TheBog in Visual Studio. Everything was fine until last Saturday 02/13/2021, when I downloaded the 2021-02 .NET Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hunter Meriwether, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Problem with latest .NET Core Security Update

I am writing a C++ app named TheBog in Visual Studio. Everything was fine until last Saturday 02/13/2021, when I downloaded the 2021-02 .NET Core 3.1.12 Security Update for x64 Client. Since then I've been unable to debug my app. It builds without errors, but as soon as it starts to deploy I get an output message saying, "Updating the layout...Copying files: Total 1 mb to layout...Copying file "C:\Users\meriweth\source\repos\TheBog\Debug\TheBog\TheBog.exe" to layout "TheBog.exe"..." Then the process just hangs with neither a crash nor error message, for at least the two hours I waited for things to sort out.
    I have another app with nearly identical code that still works fine. It performs the same copying process in less than a second. When I compared the two files containing TheBog's object.exe code that is, the one whose path appears above, and its subfile AppX to the corresponding files in my well-behaved app, I noticed something which I suspect is important. For the well-behaved app, the time stamps are identical, suggesting that the object codes are updated whenever I run debug. For the prodigal app, the first object code is always current, but the one in the subfile is timestamped "02/13/2021". You saw that coming, right?
    I've spent days thinking this is a file access problem, and I won't bore you with all of the unsuccesful fixes I've tried, including deleting the delinquent object code in the AppX folder, using administrator mode everywhere, changing file and folder permissions, and finally searching registry settings.

I've tried everything I can think of.

Can anybody help?

:)

Hunter Meriwether, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

.NET Core October 2018 Update - NET Core 1.0 and 1.1

Source: .NET Core October 2018 Update - NET Core 1.0 and 1.1 | .NET Blog

Brink, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    .NET Core October 2018 Update - NET Core 1.0 and 1.1

Source: .NET Core October 2018 Update - NET Core 1.0 and 1.1 | .NET Blog

Brink, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Problem with latest .NET Core Security Update

.NET Core September 2020 Updates - 2.1.22 and 3.1.8

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotne...eptember-2020/

Brink, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Problem with latest .NET Core Security Update

1. Problem with latest .NET Core Security Update - Similar Threads - Problem latest NET

2. Latest security update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest security update: Latest security update will not allow me to connect via VPN to my work database had to uninstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-security-update/012a6145-8482-4ad1-a244-813af2eaaa6a
  3. .NET Core and Security Update keep failing Install error - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Core and Security Update keep failing Install error - 0x80070643: I tried to running the troubleshooter as well as delete previous update files and logs, but neither worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-core-and-security-update-keep-failing-install/0c3faeea-249d-4c49-9aba-ad763324c4fb
  4. .NET Core and Security Update keep failing Install error - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET Core and Security Update keep failing Install error - 0x80070643: I tried to running the troubleshooter as well as delete previous update files and logs, but neither worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-core-and-security-update-keep-failing-install/0c3faeea-249d-4c49-9aba-ad763324c4fb
  5. problem installing latest security update kb5005565

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem installing latest security update kb5005565: Hi. On the latest update of Windows 10 20h2, I could not install the update mentioned in the subject line. I did the trouble shooter, but no joy. then I tried the standalone package, no joy. then, I tried to use my windows entrprise cd to reset windows and it said sorry, we...
  6. Net core 3.1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Net core 3.1: Dear Microsoft, I downloaded net core 3.1 approximately 1 hour ago, after i installed it i couldn't write in the search bar, after that i tried to restart my computer and uninstall the program but no succes. -Szabó Márk...
  7. Latest Windows Security update blocking net connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Windows Security update blocking net connection: The latest security update has resulted in a very frustrating error. While the internet is connected any time I try to load a website or a video game using the internet I have to reload 2-6 times before the connection succeeds. If it's a website it will spend a minute...
  8. .NET Core October 2018 Update - NET Core 1.0 and 1.1

in Windows 10 News
    .NET Core October 2018 Update - NET Core 1.0 and 1.1: Today, we are releasing the .NET Core October 2018 Update for 1.0 and 1.1. This update includes .NET Core 1.0.13, 1.1.10 and .NET Core SDK 1.1.11. Security CVE-2018-8292: .NET Core Information Disclosure Vulnerability Microsoft is aware of a security feature bypass...
  9. Update on .NET Core 3.0 and .NET Framework 4.8

in Windows 10 News
    Update on .NET Core 3.0 and .NET Framework 4.8: In May, we announced .NET Core 3.0, the next major version of .NET Core that adds support for building desktop applications using WinForms, WPF, and Entity Framework 6. We also announced some exciting updates to .NET Framework which enable you to use the new modern controls...
  10. .NET Core January 2018 Update

in Windows 10 News
    .NET Core January 2018 Update: Today, we are releasing the .NET Core January 2018 Update. This includes .NET Core 1.0.9, 1.1.6 and 2.0.5. Please leave feedback on the release in the comments below or at dotnet/core #1199. Security CVE-2018-0786 – Security Feature Bypass in X509 Certificate...