Windows 10: Problem with left-clicking not working

Discus and support Problem with left-clicking not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I have a problem with left-clicking not working. After restart, unless I plug in my wireless mouse ASUS WT465M everything is ok. But after I plug it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by witus998, May 18, 2021.

1. witus998 Win User

Problem with left-clicking not working

Hi,I have a problem with left-clicking not working. After restart, unless I plug in my wireless mouse ASUS WT465M everything is ok. But after I plug it in, both the touchpad and wireless mouse stop working, I mean. Not checking active window after left-clicking, not closing windows after clicking X, not opening menu start after clicking on windows or anything on bar, etc. It's ann all apps for example on Minecraft buttons in-game too. I've tried this method:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menuwindows-explorer-not-working-cant-left/c078ded4-ee2b-49f3-a8a6-9aa8

:)

witus998, May 18, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Left-Click on Windows Icon not working

1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) net user test /add
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    6) shutdown /r
    When the computer reboots sign on with the new user named test.
    Report into the thread whether the new user has a working start menu and task bar.

In addition to the above step another troubleshooting step is to re-register the start menu.
    Open administrative powershell and copy and paste this command:

Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}

Then reboot

zbook, May 18, 2021
  3. dehermens Win User
    Left Click does nothing on start button

I was having the same problem. Of the five steps you list I tried the third. By going to Full Screen ON and then back to OFF, The menu came up fine when I left clicked. Thanks!

dehermens, May 18, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Mouse's Left-Click Breaks in Fullscreen

Hi Bipen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch Screen. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Problem with left-clicking not working - Similar Threads - Problem left clicking

2. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  3. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  4. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Left click not working

Left click not working: HelloIve been having an issue with my left click not working on my PC for a few months now - which has steadily gotten worse.It generally occurs if i play games or edit documents - i suspect it comes from using left click too much in a short period of time. But i have not...
  6. Left click not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click not working: My laptop not responding to ny left click idk why it's so annoying submitted by /u/rsydxn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knxc57/left_click_not_working/
  7. Double Left Click problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Double Left Click problem.: Whenever I am dragging files or playing something like Kerbal Space Program where it requires a shit ton of left click crescendo like the maneuver system and the build editor, the left click even when I genially press the left click button it doubles the click. This is not...
  8. Left click mouse problem

Left click mouse problem: I'm having trouble with my mouse, it's a Mars Gaming MM5. The left click goes backwards no matter what function I give it. I tried switching the click to another button and doesn't give me that problem, instead the left button keeps doing it. Also tried to repair the local...
  9. Left click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click not working: Windows 10 left click not working on touch pad. External mouse same thing. When I remote into computer it works fine. ???? 98541
  10. left click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    left click not working: USB mouse or touchpad primary click seems to be disabled. Tried reinstalling driver. Double tap on keypad works fine. Left click works virtually over remote control ...just not local. 96431