Windows 10: Problem with link to reset Account Password

Discus and support Problem with link to reset Account Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello - I have been trying to rest a Microsoft Account Password. The information I provided has ben verified through Microsoft security and a link sent... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheAlexanders1, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Problem with link to reset Account Password

Hello - I have been trying to rest a Microsoft Account Password. The information I provided has ben verified through Microsoft security and a link sent to allow me to reset the password. When you click on the link it takes you to 'Reset you password' when you then can enter the email of the relevant account. When we enter the email it says 'Try entering your Microsoft account again. We don't recognise this one.' We have tried a number of times and have checked that the email is the correct one that we have verified.Any suggestions?Thanks

:)

TheAlexanders1, Sep 14, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Problem with link to reset Account Password

account password reset

Try This

• Sign in to your Microsoft account using
      your current password. If you forgot your password, either select Forgot my password and follow the steps. Or, for deeper account sign-in issues, see How
      to reset your Microsoft account password
    • Once you've signed in, select Security.
    • Select Password security.
    • Type your current password, then type a new password and type it again to verify.
    • Select Save.
    If you going to use a password make a new Account without a password so if you need to get back in your computer if you can.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Problem with link to reset Account Password

1. Problem with link to reset Account Password - Similar Threads - Problem link reset

2. How to reset Windows password without a microsoft account linked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Windows password without a microsoft account linked.: I recently realized someone who shared the same number as me had access to my PC via microsoft account. So, I removed all accounts to asssign mine as the administrator of the pc. However, in order to do this you need to enter a window's password. I set up this computer a long...
  3. How to reset Windows password without a microsoft account linked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset Windows password without a microsoft account linked.: I recently realized someone who shared the same number as me had access to my PC via microsoft account. So, I removed all accounts to asssign mine as the administrator of the pc. However, in order to do this you need to enter a window's password. I set up this computer a long...
  4. How to reset Windows password without a microsoft account linked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Problem with resetting password to MS account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with resetting password to MS account.: Yesterday, I tried to change my MS password too many times confusion with a new phone. At the end of the day I was told that I had to wait until tomorrow to try again. Now, today, I got the same message at the first attempt. How do I overcome this?...
  6. Problem with resetting password to MS account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with resetting password to MS account.: Yesterday, I tried to change my MS password too many times confusion with a new phone. At the end of the day I was told that I had to wait until tomorrow to try again. Now, today, I got the same message at the first attempt. How do I overcome this?...
  7. Changing password on link accounts

Changing password on link accounts: I get the warning that I need to update my password on link accounts. This is on my PC with Windows 10. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-password-on-link-accounts/a176ec9f-27bf-4209-93c8-4fa96c85f36d
  8. problem with link for resetting a password

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with link for resetting a password: I have forgotten my password on a shopping website. I have followed the instructions to reset it and when I click on the email link sent by the shop I am asked to go to the app store and open an about app. I don't understand why this is happening. I am unable to reset my...
  9. resetting child's linked account

resetting child's linked account: I setup accounts for my 3 children to use for their homework on my PC which they have been using but they only remember their pin numbers and not the default password I setup for them when I created their accounts. When I try to reset their passwords, the system sends my...
  10. Reset account password

Reset account password: One of my friends changed my Microsoft account password and I know the new password, but I always try to put the old password before I remember to put the new one. I tried changing the password, but the website says I've used that password before, and therefore I can't put it...