Windows 10: Problem with logging onto Corporate WiFi Networks (the rest is fine)

Discus and support Problem with logging onto Corporate WiFi Networks (the rest is fine) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm confronted with a baffling problem. I can logon without problems to WiFi networks where I provide a passphrase/password to the Wifi-point. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Quarantain, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Problem with logging onto Corporate WiFi Networks (the rest is fine)

I'm confronted with a baffling problem.
    • I can logon without problems to WiFi networks where I provide a passphrase/password to the Wifi-point. This is the case at home and at friends' and family.
    • I can also logon on to public WiFi networks such as on trains, hotels, restaurants and what not. Some of these are like the situation described above, some are hotspot like.
    • Where I run into problems is in corporate network situations. I'll have been provided with a UID and Password (which work, I verified them on my smartphone), see the WiFi signal I am to log on to and what is supposed to happen is: after I have made the connection to the WiFi spot,
      • my browser is to open automatically and bring me to a URL where I can enter the UID and Password after which I'll be connected. This does not happen. OR
      • I should open my browser and attempt to access any url after which I am guided to a URL where I can enter the UID and Password
    I'll see the WiFi point, make the connection, the browser does not open automatically and when I open it myself and try a URL (e.g. CNN.com), instead of requesting a UID and Password I just get the error 'server not found'
    Needless to say this quite annoying and inconvenient. I sometimes desperately need my laptop in such environments and driving down the street to a McDonals where I can quickly do some stuff and coming back is just not working out.

Can anybody help me out?

:)

Quarantain, Jan 12, 2016
  2. ninja85a Win User

Windows is still setting up my WiFi adapter even though I've used it before

Hey I've using a netgear AC 1200 wifi usb adapter and I've had it for a few days and it's been fine but when I logged onto my pc today i wasn't able to connect to the WiFi and on the network icon it shows the ethernet icon not WiFi I'm on the latest version
    of win 10 fall creators update

ninja85a, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Two networks in the house. Logging onto wired network with wifi laptop

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if network drivers are outdated.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the internet troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

1. Type
    Troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Once the window open click on
    View All located on the left navigation pane.

3. Locate and select Network Adaptor and run the in build troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you try updating your network adapters and check if it helps.

1. Press
    Windows + x, select Device Manager.

2. Right click the
    Network Adapter drivers.

3. Select
    Update driver software.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 12, 2016
  4. TheZeeMan Win User

Problem with logging onto Corporate WiFi Networks (the rest is fine)

Are you using edge as the default browser?

TheZeeMan, Jan 12, 2016
  5. No, my default browser is Mozilla FireFox.

Quarantain, Jan 12, 2016
  6. TheZeeMan Win User
    Do you happen to know what type of wireless device you are using in the corporate network?

TheZeeMan, Jan 12, 2016
  7. Does "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205" make sense?

Quarantain, Jan 12, 2016
  8. TheZeeMan Win User

It does, but that's your wireless adapter in your laptop...I meant do you know what type of access point you are connecting to such as Cisco, Aruba, HP, etc...?

TheZeeMan, Jan 12, 2016
  9. No, for what it's worth, I have encountered this problem at different firms in different locales (it would be a great coincidence of the devices were of the same make and model).

Quarantain, Jan 12, 2016
  10. TheZeeMan Win User
    Yeah that would be *Smile Hmm have you tried other the other browsers in 10 like edge and internet explorer?

TheZeeMan, Jan 12, 2016
  11. LMiller7 Win User
    Have you contacted the company IT staff about this?

LMiller7, Jan 13, 2016
  12. Yes, manually, not setting them as default browser.

Quarantain, Jan 13, 2016
  13. Problem with logging onto Corporate WiFi Networks (the rest is fine)

Yes, that is their Help/Dervice Desks. They were quick to assess that the problem was mine as it was my laptop (and no one else was having this problem).

Quarantain, Jan 13, 2016
  14. Kari Win User
    This might be too obvious but have you tried to enter the URL for the sign-in page (highlighted in above quote) manually in a browser after you have connected WiFi? Your IT support should be able to give you the URL.

15. Yes, I did. What happened was after providing the UID-PWD combination, I was told "Login Successful" but I still did not have an actual connection (e.g. able to surf to a URL). When I looked at the WiFi point's status, I read that it was not connected. I'll go through that sequence again today to make sure the above is correct.

Quarantain, Jan 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Problem with logging onto Corporate WiFi Networks (the rest is fine) - Similar Threads - Problem logging onto

2. bad internet while rest devices are fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad internet while rest devices are fine: Hi!..why is my pc's internet so slow while other devices working perfectly fine? are vpns the reasons? i deleted it since i accidently downloaded it i don't know if it causes problems, this aside, but still is there's anything to stop internet lag? whenever i'm trying to call...
  3. bad internet while rest devices are fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bad internet while rest devices are fine: Hi!..why is my pc's internet so slow while other devices working perfectly fine? are vpns the reasons? i deleted it since i accidently downloaded it i don't know if it causes problems, this aside, but still is there's anything to stop internet lag? whenever i'm trying to call...
  4. Microsoft Corporation "Log in"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Corporation "Log in": Okay, so Ive used my laptop for a long while, but around a year ago after upgrading the storage a bit after but I think thats what started it, a pop up comes up from "aka.ms/accountrecovery" Asking for me to sign in to a "Work or School Account" because its having trouble...
  5. 2 laptops suddenly cannot log onto wifi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 laptops suddenly cannot log onto wifi.: Have 2 Win-10 laptops that were doing fine - Nighthawk R700P set up many months ago. Suddenly both cannot log onto wifi. Going to list of available networks, choosing "home" and disconnecting and then reconnect does not help. Suggestions? Not the greatest computer wizards...
  6. Network and wifi problem

Network and wifi problem: Hi everyone.i am using windows 10 and today an update was downloaded and i installed that.i think it was windows comulative update 20h2 or something like that.after that my network icon is no longer in taskbar and when i am opening network in notification,only airplane mode...
  7. Private corporate wifi link.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Private corporate wifi link.: Was told by a good friend that, her jealous boyfriend, put cameras and microphones in my truck. Used a ciuple different scanners an found unidentifiable speakers scanning for a bluetooth signal. When scanning for a wifi signal, came up with a mt7601u wifi adapter from media...
  8. wifi network problem

wifi network problem: i have a windows 10 pro pc and few days ago i purchased a network connection i use wifi adapter in my pc as it has no wifi settings now the problem is i want to connect my pc with my 4g network but it is not showing 4g option in network...
  9. Unable to log onto network computer

Unable to log onto network computer: I am unable to log onto my second Win 10 computer. I am using the same credentials I use to log on directly but they are not working from the other computer....
  10. Problem with logging onto site..

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with logging onto site..: I wonder if someone could help with a issue i have...i use Cyberfox as my main browser but this week i could not login to site where i purchased Iobit products from...all i get is a recurring login sign page ...when i click login box the page just blinks everytime i try to...