Windows 10: Problem with logging onto Corporate WiFi Networks (the rest is fine)

Discus and support Problem with logging onto Corporate WiFi Networks (the rest is fine) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I suggest you "forget" the WiFi network before trying any more, start from scratch. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Quarantain, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Kari Win User

Problem with logging onto Corporate WiFi Networks (the rest is fine)

I suggest you "forget" the WiFi network before trying any more, start from scratch.

Go to Settings > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage WiFi settings:

Problem with logging onto Corporate WiFi Networks (the rest is fine) [​IMG]

At the bottom of the page, select the company WiFi network and click Forget:

Problem with logging onto Corporate WiFi Networks (the rest is fine) [​IMG]

Now reboot and try again.

2. TheZeeMan Win User

The only things I can think of that you can try is:

1) Open IE, not Edge, and go to internet options -> connections -> LAN settings and make sure its not using a proxy
    2) When you connect, run ipconfig in a command prompt and take note of the default gateway...try accessing that IP through your browser (ie. http://192.168.1.1)
    3) I've heard of firefox having issues so try edge or IE or even chrome, and go to Code: http://msn.com[/quote] for example without the www most people go to google and google redirects to https which may be causing an issue....

Other than that, I'm out of ideas *Smile

TheZeeMan, Jan 13, 2016
  3. With the help of one of the corporate ICT guys, the problem was identified and resolved.
    The problem was that I had a specified a DNS server address to be used in the IPv6 properties which was not recognized in the corporate network.
    The solution was to change the setting such as to obtain a DNS server address automatically.

Thanks for the help

Quarantain, Jan 13, 2016
  4. gl3nborj Win User

reset the network device settings to default.

gl3nborj, Jan 14, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    I assume you are logging into an Active Directory domain.
    When logging into a domain the client must first find a domain controller. With Active Directory a client will always do that by using DNS, even when the domain controller is on the local network. If there is a problem with DNS, and using the wrong DNS server is certainly that, then the client may be unable to find a domain controller and the login will fail.

I suspect that is what was happening.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problem with logging onto Corporate WiFi Networks (the rest is fine) - Similar Threads - Problem logging onto

2. bad internet while rest devices are fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad internet while rest devices are fine: Hi!..why is my pc's internet so slow while other devices working perfectly fine? are vpns the reasons? i deleted it since i accidently downloaded it i don't know if it causes problems, this aside, but still is there's anything to stop internet lag? whenever i'm trying to call...
  3. bad internet while rest devices are fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bad internet while rest devices are fine: Hi!..why is my pc's internet so slow while other devices working perfectly fine? are vpns the reasons? i deleted it since i accidently downloaded it i don't know if it causes problems, this aside, but still is there's anything to stop internet lag? whenever i'm trying to call...
  4. Microsoft Corporation "Log in"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Corporation "Log in": Okay, so Ive used my laptop for a long while, but around a year ago after upgrading the storage a bit after but I think thats what started it, a pop up comes up from "aka.ms/accountrecovery" Asking for me to sign in to a "Work or School Account" because its having trouble...
  5. 2 laptops suddenly cannot log onto wifi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 laptops suddenly cannot log onto wifi.: Have 2 Win-10 laptops that were doing fine - Nighthawk R700P set up many months ago. Suddenly both cannot log onto wifi. Going to list of available networks, choosing "home" and disconnecting and then reconnect does not help. Suggestions? Not the greatest computer wizards...
  6. Network and wifi problem

Network and wifi problem: Hi everyone.i am using windows 10 and today an update was downloaded and i installed that.i think it was windows comulative update 20h2 or something like that.after that my network icon is no longer in taskbar and when i am opening network in notification,only airplane mode...
  7. Private corporate wifi link.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Private corporate wifi link.: Was told by a good friend that, her jealous boyfriend, put cameras and microphones in my truck. Used a ciuple different scanners an found unidentifiable speakers scanning for a bluetooth signal. When scanning for a wifi signal, came up with a mt7601u wifi adapter from media...
  8. wifi network problem

wifi network problem: i have a windows 10 pro pc and few days ago i purchased a network connection i use wifi adapter in my pc as it has no wifi settings now the problem is i want to connect my pc with my 4g network but it is not showing 4g option in network...
  9. Unable to log onto network computer

Unable to log onto network computer: I am unable to log onto my second Win 10 computer. I am using the same credentials I use to log on directly but they are not working from the other computer....
  10. Problem with logging onto site..

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with logging onto site..: I wonder if someone could help with a issue i have...i use Cyberfox as my main browser but this week i could not login to site where i purchased Iobit products from...all i get is a recurring login sign page ...when i click login box the page just blinks everytime i try to...