Windows 10: Problem with logging onto site..

Discus and support Problem with logging onto site.. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I wonder if someone could help with a issue i have...i use Cyberfox as my main browser but this week i could not login to site where i purchased Iobit... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by treblefree, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Problem with logging onto site..

I wonder if someone could help with a issue i have...i use Cyberfox as my main browser but this week i could not login to site where i purchased Iobit products from...all i get is a recurring login sign page ...when i click login box the page just blinks everytime i try to login.

i installed Mozilla Firefox ( after i solved the problem by uninstalling a piece of security software which was causing Mozilla Firefox to display insecure website connection message )

I logged onto the site again and it worked with Mozilla Firefox. I disabled Cyberfox add on extensions and started in safe mode to see if an extension was causing the problem...still could not log on ...could it be that and old login site page is sort of stored permanently in Cyberfox profile folder and needs updating...

I know some members will say start using Mozilla Firefox then if Cyberfox does not let me log on to site.

I prefer Cyberfox as it is a bit faster to work with...would completely uninstalling and re-installing Cyberfox solve the problem ? My internet security program is ok as Mozilla Firefox works ok

Thank you

:)

treblefree, Oct 5, 2017
  2. Bruceneo Win User

Can't log onto Windows sites with Chrome

Windows Chrome is set as my default browser and has been for quite some time, I actually set it as my default when I first installed Windows 10. I have been using it exclusively for almost 3 years now and I know quite a bit about computers. I fix most issues
    on my PC without any tech support but this issue has stumped me. I started having this problem about 7 months ago shortly after I upgraded to windows 8.1 (but not right after).

I am unable to log into my windows account from Chrome but I can in Edge. In fact that is all I use Edge for is to log onto my windows account.

I hope you can help solve this issue.

Bruce

Bruceneo, Oct 5, 2017
  3. Can't log onto Windows sites with Chrome

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to set Google Chrome as default browser and check if the issue persists.

To set Goggle Chrome as default go to Settings>System>Default Apps (which goes to the same location mentioned in the screen shot), scroll down and in Web Browser, click on the browser and it will list the browser available/installed in the system. Select
    the required browser and close the dialog box.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 5, 2017
  4. Problem with logging onto site..

Hi treblefree.

It very well could be a saved paged. One of the first things most support desks will say is empty cache. Not exactly sure how to perform in Cyberfox but this is standard functionality.

Google deleting cache "Cyberfox"

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
  5. Hi Guru,

What i did was the last resort...i completely uninstalled Cyberfox using a comprehensive uninstall program which found 2115 Cyberfox remaning files which i deleted....thoroughly cleaned pc of junk files,cookes etc...restarted pc..re-installed Cyberfox ...login back into site..and its working fine.

Now all i have to do re-configure Cyberfox with my personal preferences,bookmarks...etc

Sometimes you have to start from beginning.

Thanks for replying anyway

treblefree, Oct 5, 2017
  6. Great. Next time I would just check clearing cache. Clean is always better if you can find right tools to do the job. Glad its working.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
  7. Thank you for reply Ken,

I did clean the cache,history,cookies etc using Cyberfox built in clean up option ( works like Mozilla Firefox )... but this process did not work as i still could not log on....i also downloaded Windows Repair Tool . I am a bit wary of using these as sometimes these cause more problems.
    Take for example Macecraft's Jv6 Power tools program and used it just after Windows 10 installation and it found some errors and i was careful not tick anything i was not sure of..deleted what was termed as junk and restarted pc...nothing..no desktop...nothing ...i had go through boot options to recover my pc and start all over again.

Since my pc was not causing any problems nor my firewall settings the easiest option was re-install Cyberfox with fresh installations file and use Mozilla Firefox as a backup.

Thank you anyway ...now i will continue with personalising Cyberfox etc and left Mozilla Firefox as default setting with security options ticked.

treblefree, Oct 5, 2017
  8. Problem with logging onto site..

Very cool. Good luck. Thanks for posting your solution and marking thread solved.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 5, 2017
  9. Ok ...have a nice weekend and no need for further replies as issue has been totally solved

treblefree, Oct 5, 2017
  10. torre Win User
    treble, question please on Cyberfox.

Is Cyberfox updated regularly ? From a brief search, seems the latest release was in Mar '17 ?

What do you find are the advantages ? Your system specs state you are using Win 8.1 ?

Thanks !

torre, Oct 6, 2017
  11. Hell Torre,

Originally i was using Mozilla Firefox as main browser from IE9 and i think somewhere on Window 10 Ten Forums some member mentioned Cyberfox as a suggestion to another member and out of curiosity installed Cyberfox to try and i have not gone back to Mozilla Firefox ( i now use it as a backup).

• I find that web pages load a bit faster and the add-on extensions that Mozilla Firefox use are also applicable to Cyberfox.
    • The main Cyberfox home screen is uncluttered.
    • You can personalise Cyberfox to your preference with its built in 'Customise Cyberfox ' option where in Mozilla Firefox you have to install a extension add-on.
    • Cyberfox can be installed on Intel or Amd pc's 32bit or 64 bit.
    • Downside the updates are not as regularly as Mozilla Firefox but this does not really bother me.

Just try it and if you don't like it uninstall it.

Cyberfox,Seamonkey,Waterfox ,Palemoon browsers are forks of Mozilla Firefox and i have not tried all of them but i find Mozilla Firefox family perform better than Micosoft Edge,Opera Apple Safari etc.

The reasons stated are my opinion and pc users have their own browser preferences.

I hope this has answered your question.

Bye and enjoy your weekend.

treblefree, Oct 6, 2017
  12. torre Win User
    Appreciate the detailed reply.

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problem with logging onto site..

1. Problem with logging onto site.. - Similar Threads - Problem logging onto

2. logging onto microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    logging onto microsoft: everytime i try to add a printer it asks me to sign into my microsoft account. now it won't let me in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-onto-microsoft/62b83ed5-00db-4121-aeda-69ec64a6a3a0
  3. logging onto microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    logging onto microsoft: everytime i try to add a printer it asks me to sign into my microsoft account. now it won't let me in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-onto-microsoft/62b83ed5-00db-4121-aeda-69ec64a6a3a0
  4. logging onto microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Logging onto an outlook email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging onto an outlook email: Hello, I've recently been shut out of my outlook email accounts only on the mail app. I was logged into these emails for 7 months on the mail app but recently it logged me out and then says there is an error every time i try to log in again. the message reads "something went...
  6. Cannot log onto desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot log onto desktop: Logging onto computer. Computer has restarted itself and I now have to log in using a password instead of pin. I haven’t used a password before. I have tried using Microsoft password but it won’t work. Don’t know what to do....
  7. Unable to log onto Laptop

in Cortana
    Unable to log onto Laptop: I purchased an EVOO 10.1" Ultra Thin Laptop, Quad Core Processor, 2GB Memory, 32GB Storage, Mini HDMI, Front Camera, Windows 10 Home, for my daughter and she has tried multiple times to create an account on another computer and proceeded to try to log onto the EVOO laptop...
  8. Logging onto my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logging onto my computer: After updating windows 10, when I TRY TO LOG ONTO MY COMPUTER I get message that user profile cannot be loaded. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logging-onto-my-computer/c57b0b4e-5e59-4952-8492-45d33d4d1717
  9. Log onto PC in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log onto PC in Windows: Hello Community Does anyone have a phone number for Microsoft Windows Support so I can talk to a live Technician about a log in problem that I am having on my pc ?? Scenario: I had 2 log in accounts on my pc, I wanted to eliminate one so that I can sign in with...
  10. Unable to log onto PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to log onto PC: Hi! For the last couple of days my PC with Windows 10 has been experiencing problems with my password used to log onto the PC. Yesterday i was for example only able to log in after maybe 30 attempts but today i have not been able to log in at all. I have checked my...