Windows 10: Problem with login using hello picture and pin

Discus and support Problem with login using hello picture and pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Something went wrong during a sign in and both the windows hello and pin login are shown as not available. They both worked earlier on my machine. Is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by StevenGordon2, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Problem with login using hello picture and pin

Something went wrong during a sign in and both the windows hello and pin login are shown as not available. They both worked earlier on my machine. Is there a way to fix this.

:)

StevenGordon2, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 6, 2020
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Problem with login using hello picture and pin

Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sorry for the delay in response.

I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue with the missing features on login screen.

1. Which security software is installed on your device?
    2. Is your device connected to domain network?

Please try the below suggested steps and check if the required sign in options are available from login screen.

Enable sign-in using PIN from group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon.
    3. In the right pane, double click on Turn on convenience PIN sign-in policy
      to edit it.
    4. Select Enabled option from Turn on convenience PIN sign-in window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign-in using PIN is available on the login screen.

Enable sign into Windows 10 using Biometrics from Local Group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometrics.
    3. In the right pane of Biometrics, double click on Allow users to log on using biometrics.
    4. Select Enabled option from Allow users to log on using biometrics window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign in using Biometrics is available on the login screen.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Problem with login using hello picture and pin

1. Problem with login using hello picture and pin - Similar Threads - Problem login using

2. Stuck in hello pin login loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in hello pin login loop: Im stuck in a loop where I cant login to my laptop.I enter my login details then it wants me to create a pin. I click next Then it says something went wrong, we werent able to set up your pin, you can try again or skip this step and try again later. I select try again with no...
  3. Stuck in hello pin login loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in hello pin login loop: Im stuck in a loop where I cant login to my laptop.I enter my login details then it wants me to create a pin. I click next Then it says something went wrong, we werent able to set up your pin, you can try again or skip this step and try again later. I select try again with no...
  4. Problem using Windows Hello PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem using Windows Hello PIN: Hi I have just signed up to windows hello with a new pin. Now when I sign in I have to do It twice. One image is superimposed on another. My computer works eventually but this is annoying.[Original Title: windows hello]...
  5. Problem with unlocking my laptop by using hello pin

Problem with unlocking my laptop by using hello pin: Recently i have changed my Microsoft Hello pin.After changing the pin i am unable to unlock my laptop by both hellopin and by password.•This what happens when i try to unblock my laptop with hellopin "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Choose another sign in...
  6. Hello pin problem

Hello pin problem: Hi, I have a problem with the hello pin in my windows computer whenever I set my pin it always say ''something went wrong'' ''We weren't able to set up your PIN'' please help me thank you....
  7. unable to login to Microsoft sites using windows hello PIN

unable to login to Microsoft sites using windows hello PIN: I know this is probably not the correct forum for this, but I was unable to find a more appropriate forum for this issue. I am trying to log into my Microsoft account to leave a comment on a Microsoft page, but for whatever reason, it is failing. My account is predates...
  8. Not able to login into windows using fingerprint, also Hello PIN is giving PIN Error...

Not able to login into windows using fingerprint, also Hello PIN is giving PIN Error...: I am not able to login in my laptop since last week using fingerprint option. Earlier it was working fine. The system is not recognizing my fingerprint and also not showing any error. I tried registering the finger print again but sensor does not proceeds further. It just...
  9. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen: I have an HP Folio G1 laptop, which has a fingerprint reader. I have Windows 10 Pro version 1803 Build 17134.407. The only option on the login screen is for password. Both the pin and biometic (fingerprint) have disappeared. I'm not exactly sure when this has happened,...
  10. Problem with Login Picture screen

Problem with Login Picture screen: I really like the pictures that Windows 10 puts up on the lock screen. However, the part that gives me the information about the picture and where it comes from and asks if I like it often doesn't come up. If I move my mouse or hit the space bar it brings up the screen to...