Windows 10: Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness

Discus and support Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good day ! I have a work computer for purely accounting purposes that's why I rule out a virus, as the only "other" thing I do on it is YouTube.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Johny Carrot, May 1, 2020.

1. Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness

Good day !

I have a work computer for purely accounting purposes that's why I rule out a virus, as the only "other" thing I do on it is YouTube.

About 1 of the 2 power-ups is "problematic", which means that I wait a long time after entering the password about 30 seconds, while normally I get to the desktop instantly. After "unscrewing" for 30 seconds with the name of the account, I get to the non-functioning area, which means that the bottom panel is empty, some icons do not load and click nowhere, this problem can be fixed twice by tapping "somewhere", the screen as if for a second "stopped responding" fades and then everything goes as it should ESET, financial report, etc. will start to load. But sometimes it happens that the problem is not "fixed" by 2-clicking, ie the Pc needs to be restarted.

Of course, shutting down the programs after startup I tried did not help the system is up to date.

Do you know the solution to this problem?

Thanks for your time.

The annex captures the problem.

Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness [​IMG]

Here is sum video showing the problem as fast as possible:

https://youtu.be/VpOQAAp0Ayc

:)

Johny Carrot, May 1, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Extremely long and incomplete boot

This may be a long shot. My PC hung at boot yesterday after typing the password - see Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

I ran chkdsk c: /spotfix and all is now fine. Someone has also suggested running chkdsk c: /r.

Steve C, May 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 1, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness

1. Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness - Similar Threads - Problem long login

2. Problems with Login On Desktop PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Login On Desktop PCs: Good Day to everybodySince we changed computers we have on those computers problem with userprofile-service In Windows 11. When a user is starting the computer and tries to login he get the message "Fehler bei Anmeldung des Dienstes Benutzerprofildienst. Das Benutzerprofi...
  3. Problems with Login On Desktop PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Login On Desktop PCs: Good Day to everybodySince we changed computers we have on those computers problem with userprofile-service In Windows 11. When a user is starting the computer and tries to login he get the message "Fehler bei Anmeldung des Dienstes Benutzerprofildienst. Das Benutzerprofi...
  4. The login function on nuskin.com is unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The login function on nuskin.com is unresponsive.: After upgrading my PC to Windows 10 Pro, I am unable to log in to the website nuskin.com using any browser, including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave. Although I can access the site, when I try to log in as a member and enter my username and password, the login page fails to...
  5. unresponsive desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    unresponsive desktop: So i recently rebooted my laptop using the cloud method, and now my desktop somehow doesn't technically exist?I can still drag files and folders on to my desktop, but when I try to save something directly to my desktop i get a pop up saying that it doesn't exist? even my cmd...
  6. Windows is unresponsive after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is unresponsive after login: Some time ago after a windows update, windows started to act weird after the login screen. The screen gets the accent color I configured and sometimes the windows bar starts blinking. If I open the task manager I see there's some windows process running in the background,...
  7. Problems with login to desktop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with login to desktop.: Yesterday I updated to Windows 10 and for that day everything ran smoothly. Today when I try to log on to my desktop, it said the password was incorrect even though I'm a 100% sure it is correct. I tried to startup in safe mode but I could not do this since my keyboard...
  8. Unresponsive desktop on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unresponsive desktop on startup: Hello I faced this weird glitch or don't know what it was but today I installed the KB KB4530684 update, Windows 10 1909 build 18363.535, everything went fine the update installed, windows 10 booted up, welcome screen came and my desktop came as usual after that. After using...
  9. Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login: Hi, on my Acer 5750g laptop running Windows 10 I logged in as usual and the desktop initially didn't populate my desktop at all so i restarted and the desktop was there as usual but the laptop was running very very slow and even hovering over icons on the desktop had no...
  10. Unresponsive Part on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Part on Desktop: hey, i am posting about a problem i have been having for quite some time, with windows 10 as well as 7. Its rather hard to explain, which could be the reason i came up empty on searching for it, so i'll start with an image: [img] Sometimes, after closing a full...