Windows 10: Problem with low volume laptop microphone.

Discus and support Problem with low volume laptop microphone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having problems with low volume on my laptop microphone. I have run the troubleshooter which says it couldn't find a problem. The mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John Stadtlander, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Problem with low volume laptop microphone.

I have been having problems with low volume on my laptop microphone. I have run the troubleshooter which says it couldn't find a problem. The mic volumes and db boost are up to 100 % but my voice still barely registers. The only thing that I can find is the following message regarding the Realtec High Definition Audio which gives me the following message:

Device INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10251193&REV_1000\4&4594da5&0&0001 requires further installation.

Any idea how to do this "further installation" presuming this is needed and do you think this might solve my mic problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

John Stadtlander, Oct 30, 2020
  2. eemans Win User

laptop microphone pickup - very low volume since update

Laptop microphone output volume is VERY low since Windows 10 update that I installed 6/10/20. No other changes. Zoom app (and microphone test through Windows) can barely pick up my voice. Noted that drivers for Intel Smart Sound Technology were updated
    in this build. (Volume set at 100%) Any suggestions?

eemans, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 microphone low volume

my microphone volume is very very low, how can I fix this problem on windows 10 laptop. Have deleted and installed new driver.

CharJohn45, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Problem with low volume laptop microphone.

Microphone Recording Volume is Low

Hey there,

I have been experiencing the issue regarding the microphone recording volume.

So far I have used the Apple Earbuds & Sony PS4 mono earphone as microphone but the recording volume is so low.

I have tried updating the driver. but, that didn't help either. and i also tried the same earphones in my windows 10 laptop and it records perfectly. But not properly in my desktop PC.

So kindly help me resolve my issue.

JunedSaiyad, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Problem with low volume laptop microphone.

1. Problem with low volume laptop microphone. - Similar Threads - Problem low volume

2. Low microphone input volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low microphone input volume: Hello I bought a new RØDE VideoMicro microphone and it have very low input volume. I would like to ask if is there some solution to fix this without Boosting microphone because it decrease sound quality a lot and there is a lot effervesence. I tried use another port in my...
  3. Microphone's volume is suddenly very low.

Microphone's volume is suddenly very low.: I had no problems with my headset with microphone. Volume was always normal. But then I used the program called Voicemod which is voice changer software. Then in the same day I deleted it. Next day I had online meeting and everyone were complaining that they can barely hear...
  4. Microphone low volume Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone low volume Windows 10: I don't know what happen but suddenly I cannot set my mic to high volume. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-low-volume-windows-10/c410c3e1-e35b-4126-9881-6c2d5febe46b
  5. My microphone volume is very low

My microphone volume is very low: My microphone volume is very low so no one can hear me i tried but volume is still low and they can't hear me properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-volume-is-very-low/39a10124-d430-400c-9b5b-2a19f75102af
  6. Problem with microphone volume

Problem with microphone volume: I have a Blue Snowball mic connected to my desktop. When looking at the Settings, it is working but I am unable to get more volume out of it even though I have the Sound level at 100%. This has been a problem since the last update that occurred a couple of days ago. On my...
  7. laptop microphone pickup - very low volume since update

laptop microphone pickup - very low volume since update: Laptop microphone output volume is VERY low since Windows 10 update that I installed 6/10/20. No other changes. Zoom app and microphone test through Windows can barely pick up my voice. Noted that drivers for Intel Smart Sound Technology were updated in this build. Volume...
  8. Low Volume Sound in Laptop

Low Volume Sound in Laptop: Volume sound in my Laptop is too low, despite making trobleshooting and adjusting to maximun levels https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-volume-sound-in-laptop/798cfeed-767e-464c-8e00-595d97f8b162
  9. USB Microphones Low Volume/Poor Quality

USB Microphones Low Volume/Poor Quality: I have Samson, Snowball, and other USB microphones. They all sound GREAT on my older Win 7 Computer. On my high-end Win 10 computer, the volume is extremely low. I tried Equalizer APO with Peace equalizer, and they improved the volume, but the sound quality is not as good...
  10. Microphone volume problem

Microphone volume problem: I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking software to control my computer because of a disability. No matter what I do Windows 10 wants to set the volume level of my microphone at 81. I don't have the boxes checked to allow software to take control of the settings although I've also...