Windows 10: Problem with main functions of win10

Discus and support Problem with main functions of win10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an issue with my win10. Start Menu, Settings window, notifications stopped working. At all. I can't open anything of it. When I press "Start"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by МихаилБревнов, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Problem with main functions of win10

I have an issue with my win10. Start Menu, Settings window, notifications stopped working. At all. I can't open anything of it. When I press "Start" button - happens nothing. When I press Win+I - happens nothing. Even when I'm trying to open settings with command "ms-settings:" it shows me an error "File system error(-2147219200)". I've done the disk check - all is fine. Moreover I've done full scan with DIMS and sfc, but it found no issues with my system. + I've reinstalled all built-in windows apps - no effect.
    On the other hand all other system works well. I have no problems with side apps.

Does anyone know the way to fix that problem without reinstalling windows?

:)

МихаилБревнов, Aug 7, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 7, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 7, 2018
  4. Problem with main functions of win10

alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Problem with main functions of win10

1. Problem with main functions of win10 - Similar Threads - Problem main functions

2. Win10 sleep mode not functional

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 sleep mode not functional: Does anyone have a utility that will make a Win10 pc go into sleep mode similar to what the Win10 command Start- >Power->Sleep purportedly does ? The Win10 function would be fine if it worked. . . but it doesn't. I've done 4 rather lengthy procedures that are on the forums,...
  3. Search function in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function in Win10: Hi, I noticed that, when performing a search via the Windows search function and then clicking on "see more results", it opens an explorer window with the search results. So far, so good. The issue is, when I do the next search the same way and then clicking again on "see...
  4. Win10 Function Discovery Resources Publication

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Function Discovery Resources Publication: Following the download and installation of the latest Windows updates KB4522355 KB2267602 KB890830, The above function fails to start. In Services it has been set to Start Automatically (both delayed and immediate). However on next boot up the function fails to start....
  5. Win10 & OneDrive PrintScreen Function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 & OneDrive PrintScreen Function: I have a desktop and Laptop. On both machines using ALT-PrintScreen keyboard shortcuts would automatically drop a screen grab of 'just' the window I wanted to grab (NOT the full desktop. This did NOT require snipping or dragging a shape or whatever. The tool works perfectly...
  6. Two main folders with the same name and function

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two main folders with the same name and function: Hi, i trying to change the location of all these folders to other partition but i got a bug and two of that folders get like a fusion because have the same name, location and function, when i change the location of one, the other change to the same folder, how i revert this...
  7. main problem with OOBEREGION

main problem with OOBEREGION: I may have just solved it install the OS as language for USA not any other region as this is causing the main problem with OOBEREGION took me 15 seconds to find it the part is in the back half of the description change all to USA and it will install...
  8. Use Win10 as main OS ??

in Windows 10 Support
    Use Win10 as main OS ??: Hello. I know Microsoft does not recommend using windows 10 as the main OS, but I have to change my mainboard and CPU next weekend, and therefor I want to do a clean install. But do I install Windows 8.1again? Or is it safe to take the chance and use Windows 10 as Main OS...
  9. Important Step In Preparing for Win10 on Main Machine

Important Step In Preparing for Win10 on Main Machine: This morning I pulled out one of my old USB 2.0 external HDD's, and formatted it, to not only make a system image from my system disk, but also of my 2nd internal disk that's used for Libraries and backup images and File History. The time is nearing for Win10 RTM and if...
  10. Win10 needs F8 functionality

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 needs F8 functionality: Win10 needs F8 functionality at boot time. I have a system that updated, and now just crasheses and restarts. OCCASIONALLY it will boot to the repair menu, but there is no way to call it at boot. VERY frustrating! *Sad 22104