Windows 10: Problem with mapped folders

Discus and support Problem with mapped folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with mapped drives ,i connected a hard disk to my router and share folders over my network, when i set mapped drives few days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarkoMarko2, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Problem with mapped folders

Hi,

I have a problem with mapped drives ,i connected a hard disk to my router and share folders over my network, when i set mapped drives few days ago everything was working fine, but now they look fine but in some folders it shows that folder is empty but it is not, and some folders are normal. On my Amazon fire stick in apps that im using for media center all folders are fine,everything is showing as it is.

My OS is Windows 10

:)

MarkoMarko2, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Map Windows 7 Shared Folder to Win 95

I am able to map the folder shared by the Windows 7 machine on my XP Pro machine without problem.
    I cannot get the Windows 95 machine to map the folder shared by the Windows 7 machine.
    The Windows 95 machine will map a drive shared by an XP machine just fine.

Kreij, Dec 1, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 1, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem with mapped folders

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Problem with mapped folders

1. Problem with mapped folders - Similar Threads - Problem mapped folders

2. Problems mapping network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems mapping network drive: Hi guys,I've got an external USB 3 HDD hooked to a USB port on my old router. I recently upgraded to a WiFi 6 mesh system that doesn't have any USB. I have the old router plugged into the new one and the port setup in both the new and old routers. I have successfully added...
  3. Problems mapping network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems mapping network drive: Hi guys,I've got an external USB 3 HDD hooked to a USB port on my old router. I recently upgraded to a WiFi 6 mesh system that doesn't have any USB. I have the old router plugged into the new one and the port setup in both the new and old routers. I have successfully added...
  4. Problems mapping network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Map network folder

Map network folder: I have a shared folder over a network, I am able to get to that folder by running //192.168.0.xxx in the windows search bar which pulls it right up, but I ned to be able to map it to a drive which when I go through the regular process of right clicking network and add network...
  6. Problems with mapped drive

Problems with mapped drive: I have a mapped drive in Windows 10 that works when doing anything within the drive itself, viewing, editing, deleting etc. But when I try and copy to or from the mapped drive I get and error. [img] The mapped disk is on an old legacy box running XP that we are trying to...
  7. Problems with mapped drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with mapped drive: I have a mapped drive in Windows 10 that works when doing anything within the drive itself, viewing, editing, deleting etc. But when I try and copy to or from the mapped drive I get and error. [img] The mapped disk is on an old legacy box running XP that we are trying to...
  8. Windows 10 VPN connection and the problem with mapping network folders

Windows 10 VPN connection and the problem with mapping network folders: Hello I have two locations with a VPN network. Qnap NAS server on each subnet. My problem is that I can not map the Qnap drive in the second subnet (WINDOWS 10). For example I work in the 192.168.3 subnet. and map the drive in the same subnet, everything works....
  9. External drive mapped to folder has driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive mapped to folder has driver problem: In Windows 10 Pro, I have a 500 GB SSD as C:, a 3 TB partitioned into D:, E:, and F:, a 4 TB as G:, and a 3 TB as H:. My Synology NAS has 3 partitions as V:, W:, and X:. I have 2 CD/DVD RW as Y: and Z:. I have 13 external HDDs and SSDs in various drive bays and enclosures...
  10. The mapped name of a folder is stuck

The mapped name of a folder is stuck: I can't correct the name of a mapped folder. I can disconnect it but when i recreate it back with the desired name it still keeps the old name. I initially messed it up when I tried to change the name from lower case to upper case in file explorer. INPUT: Drive: X...