Windows 10: Problem with may update, BSOD

Discus and support Problem with may update, BSOD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HI I try to update from 1809 to 1903 by https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/...date-assistant the program download the update but when arrive around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bebbu, May 23, 2019.

1. bebbu Win User

Problem with may update, BSOD

HI

I try to update from 1809 to 1903 by https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/...date-assistant
    the program download the update but when arrive around 85% cause a BSOD
    this BSOD don't create any minidump
    in the BSOD one time there is write kernel mode heap corruption and a second time system service exception.

i don't understand where is the problem!
    i have installed kaspersky free,mbam and comodo free antivirus (also deamon tools)

:)

bebbu, May 23, 2019
  2. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    Problem with may update, BSOD [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, May 23, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 23, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problem with may update, BSOD :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Problem with may update, BSOD - Similar Threads - Problem may update

2. Updates may have caused a WINDOWS problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates may have caused a WINDOWS problem: On July 13 I received some MSN Updates: KB5038182, KB5028938 [this one seemed to have been issued twice] and MSRT.After the Restart, I noticed that my Taskbar had turned white. Going to "Personalisation", I found I couldn't change anything to where it should be. I'm staving...
  3. May Update problems

in Windows 10 Support
    May Update problems: Hi, I have already posted several times under another name but unfortunately, I have been unable to log in or notify anyone. Using regular login and password, but keep getting timed out saying wrong details. Maybe something to do with my original problem which I cannot find...
  4. Defragmenting Problems in May 2020 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defragmenting Problems in May 2020 update: [ATTACH] Whenever I switch on my laptop, last run status in "defragment and optimize drives" tool becomes "Never Run" in last analysed or optimized column. I have the latest version of windows installed....
  5. May 2020 Update LOGIN Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May 2020 Update LOGIN Problem: I’m using a Windows 10 PRO version 1909 PC. At startup, I’ve always logged in with my Username “Connie”. After I installed the May 2020 update, I had to login with my Microsoft account and then login manually to Skype, Microsoft 365, and OneDrive using my Microsoft account...
  6. Windows 10 May 2019 Update Problem

Windows 10 May 2019 Update Problem: Calling all experts: I have twice installed the May 2019 1903 update (most recently on 7/20/19), and only one problem, as far as I can tell, is occurring. After the update, my desktop computer will restart Windows 10. But if I shut down the computer and turn it on again...
  7. Problems with Windows Update May 17, 2019

Problems with Windows Update May 17, 2019: A Windows update automatically was installed on my computer during the night of May 17, 2019. Upon restarting the computer, I found that all of my desktop icons were switched to small size with very large horizontal spacing. Tried to fix this via the registry, but could not...
  8. May W10 Update potential problems ?

in Windows 10 Support
    May W10 Update potential problems ?: Hello, Lots of Posts around re a May Update to W10 by MS. Seems all sorts of nasty things will happen, especially if you have any external HD (perhaps for backups) installed. Other problems too, apparently. And, lots of hints for disabling the automatic backup that MS...
  9. May be a problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    May be a problem: Well, I found a little strange thing... the language is irrelevant here, it is about the battery, here (highlighted) is written that the device has migrated and below in information is written the same. I would like to know if it may have something in common with me...
  10. Problem since May 8 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem since May 8 Update: My wife has an older Toshiba laptop with 64 AMD processor. It has a Crucial SSD BX200. We had no end of problem back in January with the KB4056892 update. At that time, I did a clean install of Win 10 Home that eliminated the troublesome update. Since then it has worked fine....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 may 2019 bsod patch

2. 1903 dpc watchdog violation