Windows 10: Problem with mic volume :(

Discus and support Problem with mic volume :( in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello! Thanks first of all. I currently have this problem with the volume of my microphone, I usually have it set like the picture, Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/davidn7u7, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Problem with mic volume :(

Problem with mic volume :( WGfs80D13iJPlAs74tEyT9bJNX3Uph2f3h2ChW8VeZE.jpg

Hello! Thanks first of all.
    I currently have this problem with the volume of my microphone, I usually have it set like the picture, Since it's a decent mic and, this way, I dont have to have it right against my face for it to work while using discord.
    I use it around 7 or 8 inches away with this configuration, but, recently volume appears lower, while voice chatting people tell me they hear me as if I was some feet away and can only hear me loud and clear if I am around 1 inch from the mic Problem with mic volume :( :( this happened after a system restart, if some have some clues about whats going on I will be more than thankful.

https://preview.redd.it/trklyr2onb0...bp&s=4416b0fae14f0716ea1d9b7bbe579a78b152c5fe

submitted by /u/davidn7u7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/davidn7u7, Nov 19, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Nov 19, 2020
  3. 1Kurgan1 Win User
    Adjusting Mic Volume for different programs

Trying to figure this out here. My mic volume has been fine in TS or Skype. But I recently picked up Dxtory and my mic is quiet in there. I have mic volume set to 100 and no Mic boost. I'd rather not use boost, but today I tried it out and it worked fine. Then I realized Dxtory is connected directly to the volume for your mic in Windows. Which is no problem I figured I would just drop down TS and Skypes outbound volume and be fine. Well Skype that works fine with, but it seems I can't in TS. So I'm stuck with 2 programs (TS and Dxtory), both tied to Windows Sound Settings, but one picks up my voice fine and the other picks it up low. I can't think of a way around it, any ideas here?

1Kurgan1, Nov 19, 2020
  4. jooi312 Win User

Problem with mic volume :(

USB Mic Problems.

im having the same problem as well, gone through all the steps listed but still no luck unfortunately.
    If anyone finds a solution please post it up Problem with mic volume :( :)

jooi312, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Problem with mic volume :(

1. Problem with mic volume :( - Similar Threads - Problem mic volume

2. Low mic volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low mic volume: I have a new computer that was shipped with windows 10. The microphone worked well in windows 10, but once I updated it to windows 11 it could only pick up 6% sound and I can't be heard in meetings anymore. This is apparently a very common and persistent problem as I see...
  3. Low mic volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume: I have a new computer that was shipped with windows 10. The microphone worked well in windows 10, but once I updated it to windows 11 it could only pick up 6% sound and I can't be heard in meetings anymore. This is apparently a very common and persistent problem as I see...
  4. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  5. EXTERNAL MIC VOLUME

in Windows 10 Customization
    EXTERNAL MIC VOLUME: HOW TO TURN VOLUME UP ON EXTERNAL MIC CMTECK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mic-volume/cb651330-bcca-4222-bfdc-2ee549fbbf64
  6. Mic volume always changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic volume always changing: i have realtek drivers and i had updated them yet but my microphone volume still changes. its either too loud or too quiet. i searched everywhere and i still cant find it. had this problem ever since i got my pc submitted by /u/Heztant [link] [comments]...
  7. Automatic mic volume control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic mic volume control: I just got my mic the other day (Fifine T669) and I’ve been noticing that in my windows settings the volume always randomly goes up and down when I talk. When I hold my mouse over my preferred volume to prevent it from moving, I sound completely fine so idk why it’s doing...
  8. Mic Volume too Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic Volume too Low: I just recently got a new headset, however this problem is not new to the headset, has just gotten worse. The microphone volume is just simply extremely low, to the point where people are maxing me out in discord and then my volume is just barely comfortable for them...
  9. Mic volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic volume extremely low: i need help ASAP. I have a headset with a mic, and it works fine on my laptop, my Xbox, my phone, everything. The mic is normal volume there. However, in Windows 10, it is extremely quiet, even though all my mic settings are turned to 100. Gain does not help, none of the...
  10. Mic volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic volume: Hi, my preferred microphone level is 82 but sometimes randomly it changes to 100 from 82 and it's annoying to change it back every time. I don't know what makes to go to 100. Is there a way I can keep it at 82 permanently without it changing at all?...