Windows 10: Problem with microsoft directx driver with system restore

Discus and support Problem with microsoft directx driver with system restore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I restored my windows system to 5 days behind and started using the computer but while using it the computer crashed with error code DRIVER IRQL NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aserbegad, Aug 7, 2019.

1. aserbegad Win User

Problem with microsoft directx driver with system restore

I restored my windows system to 5 days behind and started using the computer but while using it the computer crashed with error code DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALS then rebooted

now the PC won't start because of CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

and safe mode won't boot because of CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

i tried to boot log the os

I found the dxgkrnl.sys not loaded (BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys) in the boot log

and system restore in advanced menu tells me that i must enable the System Protection (and i enabled it)
    what i can do to fix the dxgkrnl.sys

:)

aserbegad, Aug 7, 2019

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 7, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Problem with microsoft directx driver with system restore

Windows 10 DirectX problem.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

First, I would suggest you to check that which version of Direct X is currently installed on your computer.

To use the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to determine the version of DirectX that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.
    • Type dxdiag, and then click OK.
    • On the System tab, note the version of DirectX that is displayed on the DirectX Version line.
    • On the various tabs, check the version information for each DirectX file.
    • When you are finished checking file versions, click Exit.
    If Windows cannot find the dxdiag program, DirectX installed on your computer. If this is the case, download and install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Problem with microsoft directx driver with system restore

1. Problem with microsoft directx driver with system restore - Similar Threads - Problem microsoft directx

2. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Problems: Evening.A bit earlier today I attempted to open a program I use often on my computer that caused it to blue screen. This was a first for me. After this happened a few times I managed to navigate my way through the blue screens of Advanced Startup Options back to a point where...
  3. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Problems: Evening.A bit earlier today I attempted to open a program I use often on my computer that caused it to blue screen. This was a first for me. After this happened a few times I managed to navigate my way through the blue screens of Advanced Startup Options back to a point where...
  4. System Restore Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems

Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems: Hi,I'm trying to run a mod for an old game that crashes on entering - the FAQ for it states that this may be because on Windows X the current version of DirectX lacks support for DX9, creating problems running some of the libraries. It recommends installing DirectX 10, with a...
  6. Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems: Hi,I'm trying to run a mod for an old game that crashes on entering - the FAQ for it states that this may be because on Windows X the current version of DirectX lacks support for DX9, creating problems running some of the libraries. It recommends installing DirectX 10, with a...
  7. System restore problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore problem: Whenever I do a system restore on my PC it always gets a blue screen error and I can't understand why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-problem/44f71fa6-de4b-47cf-b106-d3e03a974b3f
  8. System restore problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore problem: Whenever I do a system restore on my PC it always gets a blue screen error and I can't understand why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-problem/44f71fa6-de4b-47cf-b106-d3e03a974b3f
  9. Problem with System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with System Restore: i saw this post........ [Try to restore to an earlier working Windows 10. In the past, I had contacted the team to stop unchecking restore points when upgrading the version. Pretty sure they did this, so try restoring to an earlier setting with restore point. Then try to...
  10. System Restore Problem

System Restore Problem: HI, I recently installed old new explorer. Now i am not able to delete or remove the changes by it to my PC. I tried to restore to a point were it was working fine. This error comes up, "system restore failed to extract the file C:\Users\Rithish R S\iCloudDrive from the...