Windows 10: Problem with Microsoft Store and account managing on Windows 10

Discus and support Problem with Microsoft Store and account managing on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a new computer, that was used. When I got it, it wasn't entirely rebooted (not sure if it's the right term), but it was fully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FootballOk1077, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Problem with Microsoft Store and account managing on Windows 10

Hi,

I just got a new computer, that was used. When I got it, it wasn't entirely rebooted (not sure if it's the right term), but it was fully fonctionnal. When I got home, everything was going well until I try to open a picture with Photos. The app wasnt installed. Tried to download it, didnt worked. Tried to open MS, didnt worked. Then, in parameters I tried to inspect what was wrong with MS and they said that no account was connected. Tried to add my account, but litteraly nothing happens. A new windows open so I can write my email in it, but close almost immediately.

I tried rebooting it entirely, but it says that I need a certain Usb drive that I don't have. Tried everything else I found on google.

Do I need to buy a new Windows 10 key?

Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

submitted by /u/FootballOk1077
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FootballOk1077, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2021
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Problem with Microsoft Store and account managing on Windows 10

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Problem with Microsoft Store and account managing on Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Problem with Microsoft Store and account managing on Windows 10

1. Problem with Microsoft Store and account managing on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Problem Microsoft Store

2. Microsoft account and store is not opening problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account and store is not opening problem: Microsoft account is required so how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-and-store-is-not-opening-problem/f3f5ff75-c996-4f3e-b4a3-9cd0bae59104
  3. Microsoft account and store is not opening problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account and store is not opening problem: Microsoft account is required so how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-and-store-is-not-opening-problem/f3f5ff75-c996-4f3e-b4a3-9cd0bae59104
  4. Microsoft account and store is not opening problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account and store is not opening problem: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-and-store-is-not-opening-problem/ef12e7e1-645e-481b-8b1d-3d525913aa76
  5. Microsoft account and store is not opening problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account and store is not opening problem: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-and-store-is-not-opening-problem/ef12e7e1-645e-481b-8b1d-3d525913aa76
  6. Microsoft account and store is not opening problem

7. Microsoft Store Problem in my Microsoft Account

Microsoft Store Problem in my Microsoft Account: When I login on any computer with my Microsoft account in Microsoft store and I open my library in Microsoft store message display add some app.There'nothing in your library I have also reinstall fresh copy of windows 10 X64 Pro...
  8. Huge problem with Microsoft account and Microsoft store

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Huge problem with Microsoft account and Microsoft store: My 11 year old son has autism. He requires a laptop for school work We got him one at Christmas and set him up with a Microsoft account and email so he can email his work to school It's turning into a nightmare. It's requiring a password and pin to turn it on all...
  9. Huge problem with Microsoft account and Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Huge problem with Microsoft account and Microsoft store: My 11 year old son has autism. He requires a laptop for school work We got him one at Christmas and set him up with a Microsoft account and email so he can email his work to school It's turning into a nightmare. It's requiring a password and pin to turn it on all the...
  10. Microsoft store account problem.

Microsoft store account problem.: Hi I opened Microsoft Store today after a windows 10 App update for Microsoft Store =11712-1001-11-0., found I was logged in with my Microsoft Account, which I should not have been. I signed out but when I open Microsoft Store i am signed in again with my Microsoft...