Windows 10: Problem with Microsoft store. Can’t download new apps

Discus and support Problem with Microsoft store. Can’t download new apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone having an issue acquiring new apps on the Microsoft store? I haven’t tried to get a new app in quite some time but just tried with a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Problem with Microsoft store. Can’t download new apps

Anyone having an issue acquiring new apps on the Microsoft store? I haven’t tried to get a new app in quite some time but just tried with a couple of free ones this morning. if i click ‘get’ nothing happens. Same on both my machines and for all our user accounts. Tried restarting both machines but no difference. App updates all working ok so it’s just acquiring a new app that’s playing up. Signing out and then back into store doesn’t help either. Server side issue perhaps (in (UK) if it’s relevant)? Or maybe a recent wonky store update to blame?

:)

Scottyboy99, Jan 17, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Jan 17, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Jan 17, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

Problem with Microsoft store. Can’t download new apps

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Microsoft store. Can’t download new apps

1. Problem with Microsoft store. Can’t download new apps - Similar Threads - Problem Microsoft store

2. Microsoft Store unable to update apps or download new apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store unable to update apps or download new apps: I've just been setting up my new PC, I'm having some issues with the Microsoft Store app. I can open the app, and it detects over 40 updates available but when I try to download them, or download a new app such as Whatsapp, the Microsoft Store gets stuck and either crashes or...
  3. Microsoft Store unable to update apps or download new apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store unable to update apps or download new apps: I've just been setting up my new PC, I'm having some issues with the Microsoft Store app. I can open the app, and it detects over 40 updates available but when I try to download them, or download a new app such as Whatsapp, the Microsoft Store gets stuck and either crashes or...
  4. Can’t open Microsoft Store or Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open Microsoft Store or Microsoft Store apps: The Microsoft Store and pretty much every app from the Microsoft Store won’t open when clicking on them. They just have white lines under them and are darkened in the Start Menu. The only apps that open are Edge, File Explorer, and Settings, and other apps that don’t come...
  5. Can’t open Microsoft Store or Microsoft Store apps

Can’t open Microsoft Store or Microsoft Store apps: The Microsoft Store and pretty much every app from the Microsoft Store won’t open when clicking on them. They just have white lines under them and are darkened in the Start Menu. The only apps that open are Edge, File Explorer, and Settings, and other apps that don’t come...
  6. Microsoft Store not downloading new or updating apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not downloading new or updating apps: I have been trying for days now to get Microsoft Store to download and install new and updates on older apps.I can open the store, click on get app, it starts to download, tries to install, and stops with the error I have tried the following:Signed out and sign into my...
  7. Microsoft Store not downloading new or updating apps

Microsoft Store not downloading new or updating apps: I have been trying for days now to get Microsoft Store to download and install new and updates on older apps.I can open the store, click on get app, it starts to download, tries to install, and stops with the error I have tried the following:Signed out and sign into my...
  8. problem in microsoft store are not downloading and installing any app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    problem in microsoft store are not downloading and installing any app: I have a problem in to downloading and installing any apps from microsoft store... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-microsoft-store-are-not-downloading-and/6caaa835-a206-4382-9f2b-640cdbee316e
  9. Problems with downloading apps from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with downloading apps from microsoft store.: I have been trying to download the Halo Master Chief collection from the microsoft store, however every few minutes it stops downloading and gives me the error Code: 0x87E00017. If i click to resume the download it picks up from where it left off, but I've been doing this for...
  10. A problem with Microsoft Store and downloading apps

A problem with Microsoft Store and downloading apps: I have ver. 1803 of Windows 10 currently installed, and there has been talk of the fall creators edition. When I attempt to d/l apps using several methods, it seems they don't have my device listed or registered. It used to be easy but it seems there have been changes. Is...