Windows 10: Problem with Miracast

Discus and support Problem with Miracast in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have an HP Pavilion g6 Laptop running up to date Win 10 home. My problem is when I try to 'cast to device'TV I get notification ' Miracast not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Silver Rob, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Problem with Miracast

Hi, I have an HP Pavilion g6 Laptop running up to date Win 10 home. My problem is when I try to 'cast to device'TV I get notification ' Miracast not available on this device'. I have full network function and Bluetooth function. Can I acquire Miracast or do I have a problem.

My PC 'Cast to device' to TV works perfectly so I know it is not device that is at fault.

Your help would be appreciated.

Regards Rob.

:)

Silver Rob, Feb 28, 2020

2. Miracast Windows 10 dxDiag "not Available"

Let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer of Miracast. To contact the manufacturer, please follow the steps below:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Feb 28, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Problem with Miracast

miracast

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play videos using Miracast. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the driver and check if it helps.

Steps to uninstall and reinstall driver.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the Miracast driver.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes”
      option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Problem with Miracast

1. Problem with Miracast - Similar Threads - Problem Miracast

2. Problem with Miracast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Miracast: I have a windows computer xps 15 with windows 11. I've checked it has cast with miracast I've made sure it is allowed to go through my firewall. The smart tv and the computer are on the same network. However it isn't working. Why is this?Not sure if this is in the right...
  3. Problem with Miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Miracast: I have a windows computer xps 15 with windows 11. I've checked it has cast with miracast I've made sure it is allowed to go through my firewall. The smart tv and the computer are on the same network. However it isn't working. Why is this?Not sure if this is in the right...
  4. Problems with Miracast - Screen Share

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with Miracast - Screen Share: I have a notebook with win10 and miracast support. So i tried to connect to screen share to my LGTV and wont The problem isnt with my tv, cause i can connect with my android cell I tried so much thing do fix it and nothings it worked out...
  5. Problem with miracast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with miracast: I have a acer aspire e1-531g laptop with intel pentium 2020m 2,4ghz processor, 6gb ram, intel hd graphics 4000 and nvidia geforce 710m. [IMG] idk what are the requirements for miracast, i want to show my laptop screen to my smart tv wirelessly instead of using HDMI cable....
  6. Miracast bug/problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast bug/problem: Hello. I've bought new TV, LG 55 UM7450 and i want to stream to it from my pc wirelessly. This is where my problems start. When i checked if my device supports miracast on Dxdiag, it says it does, but i dont have "add wireless display" option anywhere, and when i open Win+S...
  7. Problems with Miracast

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Miracast: [ATTACH] I want to use my laptop as a secondary monitor for Twitch chat because my desktop only has one monitor. I found out that windows has a built in "wireless display" which can allow me to do that without any 3rd part apps. unfortunately it just does not work on my...
  8. Problems with Miracast - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Miracast - Windows 10: Hello there. As I was spending my day in countless forums, called several part manufacturers for answers and got postponed wherever possible, I thought why not try my luck here, as there have been similar questions; I'm having trouble connecting to my Sony KD-49XD8005...
  9. Windows 10, problem Miracast

Windows 10, problem Miracast: Miracast problem I am not able to connect my wireless Philips SHB3060 to my PC. When I try to connect headset to PC, I message: “Your PC device doesn’t support Miracast”. I my PC “System Information” at MIRACST line is written:”Available, no HDCP” What I have todo?...
  10. Windows 10 has stopped Miracast because it reported problems

Windows 10 has stopped Miracast because it reported problems: I have an issue with using Miracast on my PC. I am attempting to connect to my TCL Roku TV; the connection between the TV and my Win10 PC is established, but it keeps beginning to connect then abruptly disconnects halfway through. I checked the driver for Miracast, and it...