Windows 10: Problem with mouse clicks

Discus and support Problem with mouse clicks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the July update KB505903 we could read this "Addresses an issue that may cause a mouse press and release event to sometimes produce an extra mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeomaWF, Sep 22, 2019.

1. KeomaWF Win User

Problem with mouse clicks

In the July update KB505903 we could read this "Addresses an issue that may cause a mouse press and release event to sometimes produce an extra mouse move event." This hasn't been fixed.

When you click on a folder and hold the button to move the folder, the folder is released

even though I'm still holding the button

I have the latest updates and I have even tried other mice, nothing helps.

:)

KeomaWF, Sep 22, 2019

2. Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 22, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 22, 2019
  4. Problem with mouse clicks

Windows 10 Mouse Problems

There's a possible answer in the Windows 8.1 forum at the thread Primary mouse button resets after reboot Restores some faith as the person who answered
    is a Microsoft person. That restored faith severely taxed for this being an 8.1 problem that goes back at least 2 years and somehow made it in to the next major revision.

This issue might occur due to corrupt mouse settings.

I would suggest you to make sure that the mouse settings are enabled on the Startup tab.

Follow the methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if the mouse software is running at the Startup or within the startup list. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “msconfig”. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Startup tab and locate the mouse software (could be Unifying software). Check the box besides the mouse icon and click on OK.
    • Make the required changes for the mouse setting (swap mouse buttons) and then restart the computer.
    Check if that fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s make the required change to swap the mouse click settings from registry and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse\SwapMouseButtons

• Change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

• Press Windows and R key to open the run box.
    • Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter from the keyboard.
    • Open the File option on the menu bar.
    • Click on Export and save the file with a name on the desktop.
    • If you want to restore the file, you can do so by double clicking the file that you have saved on the desktop.
    Restart the computer.

Puddlewiggle, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Problem with mouse clicks

1. Problem with mouse clicks - Similar Threads - Problem mouse clicks

2. Mouse revesered main click problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse revesered main click problem.: In my control panel it is left main click, but it works as right click main. Then when i change to opposite it does the opposite effect, so then right click says main, but on mouse its left one. Is there something I can do to change that ?Thank you....
  3. Mouse Random Double Click Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Random Double Click Problem: My mouse has started double clicking problem randomly from a while now, it happens at windows in generalI've already tried updating drivers, reinstalling drivers and unplugging and plugging it back in, none solved the problem....
  4. Mouse Random Double Click Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Random Double Click Problem: My mouse has started double clicking problem randomly from a while now, it happens at windows in generalI've already tried updating drivers, reinstalling drivers and unplugging and plugging it back in, none solved the problem....
  5. Mouse click problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse click problem: Hi. Apps keep closing immediately after clicking with mouse. But not with keyboard. Help.And how to upload video here?I can only upload images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-click-problem/2f3f3836-53a1-47b0-b15b-5d2de109695d
  6. Mouse click problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse click problem: Hi. Apps keep closing immediately after clicking with mouse. But not with keyboard. Help.And how to upload video here?I can only upload images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-click-problem/2f3f3836-53a1-47b0-b15b-5d2de109695d
  7. Mouse click problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Problems with mouse/touchpad clicks,drag

Problems with mouse/touchpad clicks,drag: I'm using a Lenovo ideapad s145 laptop. On startup it makes a single beep sound and displays some basic system information like BIOS version, RAM, L2 cache, CPU etc. It disappears within one second and proceeds the startup. When I try to right click with mouse ir touchpad,...
  9. Left click mouse problem

Left click mouse problem: I'm having trouble with my mouse, it's a Mars Gaming MM5. The left click goes backwards no matter what function I give it. I tried switching the click to another button and doesn't give me that problem, instead the left button keeps doing it. Also tried to repair the local...
  10. Phantom mouse-clicks: driver problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Phantom mouse-clicks: driver problem?: At irregular intervals my Dell laptop breaks out in automatic mouse-clicks, a big disruption. They seem to be confined to a vertical band about a quarter of the way from the right edge of the screen, from top to bottom. I minimize the chaos by keeping open apps out of this...