Windows 10: Problem with mouse with windows settings/explorer

Discus and support Problem with mouse with windows settings/explorer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My mouse is acting extremely erratic with the current windows 10 build. I completely wiped my hard drive and installed the operating system on a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ScottBrady86, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Problem with mouse with windows settings/explorer

My mouse is acting extremely erratic with the current windows 10 build. I completely wiped my hard drive and installed the operating system on a new partition. The problem persists. I have tried updating and reinstalling drivers, nothing works. Basically the mouse deselects and selects randomly while I'm using it. It mostly seems to happen when the windows defender window is open, or windows settings are open. I will list the troubleshooting I have already tried below.

I've already tried

Updating drivers

Running virus and malware scans

Reinstalling windows on a new partition

Changing the mouse

Changing USB slots

Changing power settings to high performance

Nothing works. I think this is something pertaining Windows.

:)

ScottBrady86, Nov 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 Mouse Problems

There's a possible answer in the Windows 8.1 forum at the thread Primary mouse button resets after reboot Restores some faith as the person who answered
    is a Microsoft person. That restored faith severely taxed for this being an 8.1 problem that goes back at least 2 years and somehow made it in to the next major revision.

This issue might occur due to corrupt mouse settings.

I would suggest you to make sure that the mouse settings are enabled on the Startup tab.

Follow the methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if the mouse software is running at the Startup or within the startup list. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “msconfig”. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Startup tab and locate the mouse software (could be Unifying software). Check the box besides the mouse icon and click on OK.
    • Make the required changes for the mouse setting (swap mouse buttons) and then restart the computer.
    Check if that fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s make the required change to swap the mouse click settings from registry and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse\SwapMouseButtons

• Change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

• Press Windows and R key to open the run box.
    • Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter from the keyboard.
    • Open the File option on the menu bar.
    • Click on Export and save the file with a name on the desktop.
    • If you want to restore the file, you can do so by double clicking the file that you have saved on the desktop.
    Restart the computer.

Puddlewiggle, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Problem with mouse with windows settings/explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Problem with mouse with windows settings/explorer

1. Problem with mouse with windows settings/explorer - Similar Threads - Problem mouse settings

2. Problems with file explorer and settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with file explorer and settings: After auto installing the latest update which I assume is the 22H2 as I have no way of checking I am presented with a black screen after logging in. I am able to use my mouse and specific commands. I found out I can open apps from task manager by using the run new tasks. When...
  3. Problems with file explorer and settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with file explorer and settings: After auto installing the latest update which I assume is the 22H2 as I have no way of checking I am presented with a black screen after logging in. I am able to use my mouse and specific commands. I found out I can open apps from task manager by using the run new tasks. When...
  4. Mouse settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse settings: I run Windows 11 with as generic USB mouse. I reset the mouse wheel scroll to 2 lines instead of 3 via Control Panel. After a reboot, the scroll is back to 3. How do I make the change to 2 lines permanent.Thanks....
  5. Mouse settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse settings: Is there a way to make my mouse register smaller or larger clicks without software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-settings/cb0c264e-cd4c-4141-95b4-6ae9f0e3a011
  6. windows mouse settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows mouse settings.: can anyone tell me the default cursor speed under mouse settings.what's the default cursor speed between the values 1-20. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mouse-settings/1f393b88-1af0-4dc2-9f83-2c01c327b89e
  7. Mouse settings

Mouse settings: I was messing with mouse settings and changed my cursor speed, and don't know the default value. I can't find how to return to default settings for my mouse and was wondering how to just reset all my mouse settings to default....
  8. Mouse settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse settings: I've had windows for awhile now but got more serious into gaming. I needed to fix up my mouse sens for some games and this required me to have my pointer speed set to 6. It is default 5 for my windows and whenever I change it to 6, hit apply and ok it works for a little. But...
  9. Problem with File explorer and Settings, and search button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with File explorer and Settings, and search button: [ATTACH]Okay, so a few things i need to point out with this windows 10 situation before i start, I have been slightly ignoring an issue i had for like almost a monthwhich is the file explorer issue. The issue is basically this: -I cannot open file explorer through the...
  10. Mouse Settings

Mouse Settings: Hi, I was recently changing some settings and did so without trouble. After I closed the settings tab, I realised that my mouse looked different, and I did not like it, so I went into the mouse's properties. I tried reverting the mouse to default, but it still looked...