Windows 10: Problem with moving/deleting files.

Discus and support Problem with moving/deleting files. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've noticed that I have a problem with moving/deleting files and creating folder, the update speed it's not instantly. Let say I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zrlffnd, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Problem with moving/deleting files.

Hi guys,

I've noticed that I have a problem with moving/deleting files and creating folder, the update speed it's not instantly.

Let say I try to move one file from one location to another new location, I'll have to click the refresh icon of the file explorer, only then the moved file will appear on the new location. The same thing happened when I tried to delete something or when I tried to create a new folder.

This only happened on my desktop at work, my laptop at home doesn't have this kind of problem.

Any idea, what might be the causes for this? And how do I solve it.

submitted by /u/zrlffnd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zrlffnd, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: This Process Cannot Be Completed The File Is Open In Windows Explorer when deleting/moving a video file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate your effort on this. We understand that when you are trying to delete or move some video files, you get an error, we will look into this for you. However, we would like to know if the issue occurs while deleting/moving any other file.

We would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Close all background applications

We would suggest you to check if the file that you are trying to delete/move is open in background. If the file is open, close the file and then try deleting/moving it.

Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open
    Task Manager and look for the applications that you are not using while deleting/moving the file. Right click on them and select
    End Task.

Method 2: Turn off File preview in File Explorer

We can try turning off File preview in File Explorer and check if that helps in resolving the issue. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control folders and click on
      OK.
    3. Click on View tab.
    4. Now, select the checkbox for Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    5. Click on OK.

Method 3: Safe Mode

If Turning off File preview doesn’t help, I would suggest you to boot the computer into Safe Mode and check if you are able to delete/move the file. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 16, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Outlook PST File Problem

That is exactly what I was going to suggest. Export everything to another PST file, delete the old(or rather move it out of the default folder) and replace it with the new PST file that you exported.

newtekie1, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Problem with moving/deleting files.

Issues in moving and deleting files on windows 10

Hi,

Please provide me below details to assist you better,

• Are you facing issue while deleting the files?

• What happens when you press Shift + Delete?

Install all the windows updates and check,

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button
    , then select
    Settings
    > Update & security>
    Windows Update>
    Check for updates..

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to perform
    Disk cleanup as it is a system tool in Windows 10 used to free up system space and check if it helps.

Please follow the below steps,

• To delete temporary files:

• Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.

• Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

• If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• In Disk cleanup, select
        Clean up system files.

• Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

And also please run automatically diagnose and repair Windows file and folder problems and check if it helps, Please click on below link,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...e-and-repair-windows-file-and-folder-problems

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Problem with moving/deleting files.

1. Problem with moving/deleting files. - Similar Threads - Problem moving deleting

2. Can't delete or move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete or move files: Hello, I've been facing this problem for some time now. Whenever I try to delete a file from my desktop, I get an error saying, "You require permission from DESKTOP-KMS727/Knightmare." Even though I am the admin, it has been very annoying. I've tried many things, but I think...
  3. Can't delete or move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete or move files: Hello, I've been facing this problem for some time now. Whenever I try to delete a file from my desktop, I get an error saying, "You require permission from DESKTOP-KMS727/Knightmare." Even though I am the admin, it has been very annoying. I've tried many things, but I think...
  4. Can't delete or move files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Permissions to move/delete files

Permissions to move/delete files: I am logged in as administrator on my computer, but when I need to move or delete folders/files it says I need administrator permission and does nothing. Also two other messages when I try to do something with a file/folder: 1 the item is no longer located in C: 2 the item is...
  6. Network Files - Deleted or Moved?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Files - Deleted or Moved?: Hello, I was recently copying files from a shared drive on my companies network to the desktop. I was using copy/paste. In the process my computer froze and I had other errors... and I think I may have accidentally did cut/paste instead. The files did make it to the desktop...
  7. Problem moving files

Problem moving files: I am trying to move files in my Music Folder to a folder in the Music folder & it keeps tell me the action can not be completed because the folder or file is open in another program & I found this link:...
  8. Moving or deleting files

Moving or deleting files: Hello While trying to move or remove certain files, I'm getting this warning: "If you move this file, Windows or another program may no longer work correctly." I DO KNOW you have responded to a very similar q. already, but, in this case, those files were copied from an...
  9. Problem deleting files

Problem deleting files: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 Pro after switching to a SSD. I now have a bizarre problem. Files that were created before the reinstall cannot be deleted. Files created after the reinstall can. I'm talking about docs, pdfs, jpgs, ect. I can open, copy and move the files, I...
  10. File moving problem

in Windows 10 Support
    File moving problem: This is a bit of a complicated topic but- I downloaded the dll files for games and when I try to replace the old ones I get: Screenshot Can someone help me out here? 29485