Windows 10: Problem with moving Emails between IMAP to Outlook.com

Discus and support Problem with moving Emails between IMAP to Outlook.com in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Within my email client I have a hotmail.com account setup as a POP3 account. I was informed if I wanted to move emails from one IMAP account to another... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JerometheGiraff, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Problem with moving Emails between IMAP to Outlook.com

Within my email client I have a hotmail.com account setup as a POP3 account. I was informed if I wanted to move emails from one IMAP account to another IMAP which is simply moving emails from one folder to another folder within my email client; folder being an email account (IMAP) to a hotmail.com account I would have to re-create the account, in this case the hotmail.com account from POP3 to IMAP which I've done; but when I go to outlook.com to verify if those email which I moved from one IMAP account to the hotmail.com (IMAP) account they don't appear on outlook.com ?

:)

JerometheGiraff, Jun 11, 2016

2. IMAP email displaying (Unknown Sender) for From and (no subject) for subject

Thanks for the info. I am glad that this is working out for you.

The problem with Outlook.com is that it only offers pop3. That implies either moving or copying your emails to Outlook.com. I actually sort my emails into folders on my phones, so, I much prefer imap. I know, I might be too picky here.

hoifaileung, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Windows mail sync issues

7:42 pm
    Me
    my question is when i receive an email in my outlook.com account and move the message to a folder i can then open my windows 10 mail and the message will sync to the windows 10 mail folder i moved it to. If i open an email in windows 10 mail and move it
    to a folder it does to sync with me outlook.com mail. i have windows 10 mail setup with imap settings.

MarkoLazarevic, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

Problem with moving Emails between IMAP to Outlook.com

1. Problem with moving Emails between IMAP to Outlook.com - Similar Threads - Problem moving Emails

2. Cannot connect outlook to IMAP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot connect outlook to IMAP: Hello,I am running our of options. I cannot add a new email account to Outlook IMAPI asked the hosting company. We have run multiple tests together. They do not know what the issue is.I tried everything disabling add-ins, changing passwords, disabling firewalls etc..Do you...
  3. Outlook 365 and imap accounts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 and imap accounts: I have an email account using my own domain that I have been accessing via imap on local outlook clients (and through my iPhone and IPad mail apps). This has never been ideal since I cant access my calendar, to-dos, notes and contacts across all my devices. I just subscribed...
  4. Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail

Outlook 2019 IMAP and Gmail: I am unable to set up gmail and outlook 2019 I have followed the info from Microsoft and other help sources using imap.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Port: 993 Outgoing mail (SMTP) server smtp.gmail.com Requires SSL: Yes Requires TLS: Yes (if available) Requires Authentication:...
  5. outlook email problems

outlook email problems: How do I stop some emails being deleted without any action from me. Regards, Tom L. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-email-problems/d93d5902-d6c2-4806-9722-d279832c337d
  6. Outlook will not sync all emails from IMAP folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook will not sync all emails from IMAP folders: Hello, I have a new Windows 10 installation with a new installation of Office 2019. I have 3 email accounts which2 of them seem to work fine and import all old messages. The Gmail account does not download all the old messages. It goes through the process of syncing and all...
  7. Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019

Gmail IMAP on Outlook 2019: Does anyone have the exact procedure for installing Gmail on OL 2019? I have not been able to get it working after many days of trying. I have an application password, turned off & on 2FA, tried several different instructions from various web sites. I've also tried to set it...
  8. New imap email

New imap email: Hi I am running a second email and following a message to say the email has been set up I then get a message to say my details are out of date. I then try to reset the password and it still keeps coming up with Action Required. Can you help....
  9. Problems with IMAP email syc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with IMAP email syc: Sync message: We couldn't access you account: AOL/***. You might need to update your password or update the account permission to sync. This happens after I sync and start reading my mail from this account. All settings for these accounts are correct. Now, when setting up...
  10. Microsoft Outlook IMAP settings

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Outlook IMAP settings: Hi I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007 as my mail client with IMAP. My setup is working correctly but I have a question regarding the display of the IMAP folder hierarchy in the left hand column under All Mail Items. Somehow, possibly due to a previous error in deleting a...