Windows 10: Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app

Discus and support Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, i hope you can help me, i'm having a lot of trouble since i changed my password because now the xbox app is always asking for me to log in when it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LeonW586, Apr 4, 2021.

1. LeonW586 Win User

Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app

Hi, i hope you can help me, i'm having a lot of trouble since i changed my password because now the xbox app is always asking for me to log in when it starts, it used to auto login before.

I've tried the following solutions:

• New account and in the other account it seems to work, but i need my account because of certs.
    • System recovery deleting apps and keeping info.
    • Resetting Xbox app, store etc.
    • Deleting and reinstalling Xbox app.
    • Logging in and out of Console companion didnt knew, but the problem also affects this app.
    • Activating 2 step verification.
    • Setting services to auto instead of manual.
    • Taking the MS account out of the store and putting it back.
    • Deleting my laptop from https://account.microsoft.com/
    • Verifying account.
    • Turning W10 MS account into local and back.

Now, this is what you see when you open the Xbox app...

Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app 2c9a4e22-69ed-4009-b9e1-2f5ad894713a?upload=true.jpg

It's not logged in, now, when we take look inside the Xbox app config...

Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app e0db0a39-3fb3-4cc6-9e9d-e26cc4f62bf2?upload=true.jpg

You can see that it is logged in into the store, but its not logged into Xbox, this bothers me a lot, because it's the same account; now if i click into log in, this is what appears...

Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app 77743f1f-62a0-4e84-bf9a-c3929c1c5f62?upload=true.jpg

It's asking me for my password, even tho it's logged into the store... now i've got to add that this always shows in my W10 MS account config until i click on "update info", also on this account, the image doesn't show, dunno why.

Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app e9e2cc8d-fa46-409f-9c59-828a2be6863a?upload=true.jpg

Ok, now, after updating my info... it asks for my password and to verify my identity with a code in phone number or email, the thing is, why does it need to verify my account everytime i log into my laptop?.

Now, after verification, the screen changes...

Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app 39748844-7271-4c06-b073-d0b5a45270e9?upload=true.jpg

See? no more "update your info" text, so let's see what happens with the Xbox app if i click on "Log in".

Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app 8160e7e9-b35a-4bcb-ae7f-cc9d09afc899?upload=true.jpg

Now she logs in inmediatly!! without asking for further verification.

Now, i think the problem comes with account verification, but why do i have to verify every time i turn on my laptop? is this a problem on my side? or on MS side? i have to add that i sign into my laptop with my MS account password.

You don't know my many SMS and email codes i got last day because of the verification problem, and the problem still persists after verifying 30+ times.

Can somebody help me with this verification problem? how to disable it or solve it, so it doesn't asks for the info update and maybe log into Xbox app automatically?

Thanks in advance.

:)

LeonW586, Apr 4, 2021
  2. mackaster Win User

Connecting XBOX Account to MS Account with Different Emails

Is there a way to connect my XBOX account, on a different email, to my MS account? I want to see what XBOX games are available to share on W10, but unable to tie both accounts together.

mackaster, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

Outlook help & learning - Microsoft Support

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app

Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app

1. Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app - Similar Threads - Problem account W10

2. MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.: I use MS Calendar on W10 with a local account. Today I went to review a time line and found my entries only go back about 6 months.I get the included popup. How can I retrieve my ‘history’ ?? This is not syncing with anything. It is labeled "Microsoft Account Calendar"Where...
  3. MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.: I use MS Calendar on W10 with a local account. Today I went to review a time line and found my entries only go back about 6 months.I get the included popup. How can I retrieve my ‘history’ ?? This is not syncing with anything. It is labeled "Microsoft Account Calendar"Where...
  4. MS Calendar on W10 with a local account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox app problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app problems: Hi guys,I am new to a laptop with windows 10s installed. The xbox app was pre installed and I have xbox game pass so was looking forward to getting a PC game to give it a whirl, namely Football Manager 2022 which is available on the game pass. I keep getting an error 0x00001...
  6. Xbox app problems

Xbox app problems: Hi guys,I am new to a laptop with windows 10s installed. The xbox app was pre installed and I have xbox game pass so was looking forward to getting a PC game to give it a whirl, namely Football Manager 2022 which is available on the game pass. I keep getting an error 0x00001...
  7. Xbox app problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox app problem: The xbox app crashes before fully loading everytime but only on my main PC account , i created a second account and it could open the xbox app so is there anyway to fix my main PC account...
  8. Xbox App problems

Xbox App problems: Hey there, Every time I try and run the Xbox App; Windows says it needs to be updated. Please can you tell how to update this app? Thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-app-problems/9c14faac-ce9f-44cb-a989-4baddd1f6855
  9. W10 can no longer log into MS account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    W10 can no longer log into MS account: After using my PC for years, I recently started to have a problem with the Windows Store in that it wouldn't sign into my account. After following lots of advice, one of which was to log into my PC using local admin account, I can no longer log back into W10 using my MS...
  10. W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts): Hi there Using SIMPLE / standard File sharing connections and all computers in the LAN on the same network name e.g WORKGROUP. confusion seems rife over what user names to use when connecting to SHARES TO or FROM a machine logged on with an MS account from a machine...