Windows 10: Problem with MS account verification via text

Discus and support Problem with MS account verification via text in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I was trying to change my Microsoft Password. The verification screen choices include 'send text to my landline number' and 'send email to my work... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KGBrickNJ, Feb 10, 2020.

1. KGBrickNJ Win User

Problem with MS account verification via text

Hi. I was trying to change my Microsoft Password. The verification screen choices include 'send text to my landline number' and 'send email to my work email address'. I checked my MS account info. It shows my mobile number and personal email address. How can I change it so that the verification screen shows 'send text to my mobile number'. Thanks.

:)

KGBrickNJ, Feb 10, 2020

2. email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Problem with MS account verification via text - Similar Threads - Problem account verification

2. Not receiving account verification texts.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  3. Not receiving account verification texts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving account verification texts.: Hi, I’m unable to receive account security texts as the phone number seems to be missing a digit and the “use alternative method” option is not being displayed. How do I go about rectifying this?...
  4. Not receiving account verification texts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening: Windows 10 on my HP laptop updated some security settings, and disabled the PIN I used for signing in. It asked me for my password, which I entered. Then it asked to send an account verification code to my phone via text message. I entered the last 4 digits of my phone number...
  6. Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening: Windows 10 on my HP laptop updated some security settings, and disabled the PIN I used for signing in. It asked me for my password, which I entered. Then it asked to send an account verification code to my phone via text message. I entered the last 4 digits of my phone number...
  7. Not receiving account verification codes via text message, cannot reach MS support, maddening

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Microsoft Vault-Text for Verification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Vault-Text for Verification: Is it possible to have more than one phone number as an option to receive a text code for verification? In other words, can I select one phone number over another if both are on my account? If so, how do I set this up?...
  9. Not receiving two-step verification code via text

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not receiving two-step verification code via text: I've forgotten my password to my windows account which is the only admin account. I've received the code via backup email and I've tried to get the second via text. I've clicked it so many times that it gave me an error message saying "You've requested too many codes today....
  10. Texts for account verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Texts for account verification: Every day or so I am getting texts saying "use this code for Microsoft verification". I think that someone is trying to hack into my account. What should I be doing to protect my account?...