Windows 10: Problem with multiple screens and wallpapers

Discus and support Problem with multiple screens and wallpapers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Guys please help me on this one.... It's driving me crazy and I just can't for the life of me figure it out... After booting into Diagnostic Mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Salad Fingers, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Problem with multiple screens and wallpapers

Guys please help me on this one.... It's driving me crazy and I just can't for the life of me figure it out...

After booting into Diagnostic Mode (msconfig) once, whenever I try to pick separate wallpapers for my screens I get this:

Problem with multiple screens and wallpapers [​IMG]

Same thing happens when I go through the old interface of control panel:

Problem with multiple screens and wallpapers [​IMG]

If I disable any screen from Nvidia's control panel, both options are gone and won't return even after I re-enable the screen unless I reboot. If I unplug one screen it changes to "Set for monitor 1" again showing up twice.

I'm at a complete loss here, usually I can fix those weird bugs but this one is driving me crazy to the point that I'm considering restoring from backup but I really want to avoid an extra 70gb worth of writes to my SSD.

edit: For what is worth, this is a UEFI install and running the latest build

:)

Salad Fingers, Feb 17, 2016
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 17, 2016
  3. SimpleMindz, Feb 17, 2016
Thema:

Problem with multiple screens and wallpapers

1. Problem with multiple screens and wallpapers - Similar Threads - Problem multiple screens

2. Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting: I'm running Windows 11 and I have a laptop hooked up to 3 monitors. On each monitor I have different wallpapers but every time I restart or unplug the laptop from the docking station and plug it back it, the wallpapers reset to 1 wallpaper for all three monitors and I have to...
  3. Unable to configure multiple wallpapers for multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to configure multiple wallpapers for multiple desktops: I am running Windows 11 with 4 different desktops. To make it more intuitive which desktop I am currently on, I am trying to give each a different wallpaper. I am clicking the desktops button in the taskbar to bring up all desktops in the lower part of the screen. I then...
  4. Unable to configure multiple wallpapers for multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to configure multiple wallpapers for multiple desktops: I am running Windows 11 with 4 different desktops. To make it more intuitive which desktop I am currently on, I am trying to give each a different wallpaper. I am clicking the desktops button in the taskbar to bring up all desktops in the lower part of the screen. I then...
  5. Lock Screen wallpaper problem in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen wallpaper problem in Windows 11.: I cannot change my lock screen wallpaper. I clicked on browse photos and chose a picture. It just kept loading and loading whole day long. What can I do to fix this problem?...
  6. Lock Screen wallpaper problem in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen wallpaper problem in Windows 11.: I cannot change my lock screen wallpaper. I clicked on browse photos and chose a picture. It just kept loading and loading whole day long. What can I do to fix this problem?...
  7. Multiple wallpapers not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple wallpapers not working: [ATTACH] I still have this problem with the latest windows updates... How do I fix this ? Everything works fine with my 4 monitors, but when I want to select different wallpaper, I get all screens or screen 4, the wallpaper shows on all 4 screens whatever I pick....
  8. Multiple wallpapers not working

Multiple wallpapers not working: [ATTACH] How do I fix this ? Everything works fine with my 4 monitors, but when I want to select different wallpaper, I get all screens or screen 4, the wallpaper shows on all 4 screens whatever I pick....
  9. Wallpaper Problems

Wallpaper Problems: What's causing this? It happens numerous times a day. I have to reboot in order to fix it, but it'll do it again. [img] 121401
  10. Wallpaper Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Wallpaper Problems: What's causing this? It happens numerous times a day. I have to reboot in order to fix it, but it'll do it again. [img] 121401