Windows 10: Problem with my captures folder no longer existing, and game captures no longer showing up...

Discus and support Problem with my captures folder no longer existing, and game captures no longer showing up... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to move my Game Capture Folder to my ssd, and after doing so, now when i record a game clip the clip just goes to my video folder on my hdd.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KyleBeauregard, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Problem with my captures folder no longer existing, and game captures no longer showing up...

I wanted to move my Game Capture Folder to my ssd, and after doing so, now when i record a game clip the clip just goes to my video folder on my hdd. not only this but the capture folder does not exist at all and on top of the video does not show up in the game bar capture widget but it does in the file explorer under videos. I just need help on how to either restore this folder or on how i can just make a folder into the default capture folder. Someone please help i have been trying to troubleshoot for 4 hours.

:)

KyleBeauregard, Jul 26, 2020

2. Changed location of captured video

Hi,

If you can no longer see the location option on the capture folder, you may restore your Game DVR Captures folder location settings. After restoring the game DVR Captures folder location settings, then you can change your Game DVR Captures folder location
    again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to restore Game DVR Captures folder location settings

• Open File Explorer.
    • Browse to the Captures folder location.
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Defaults button.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Yes to recreate the folder in the old location.
    • Click Yes to move the content of the Captures folder to the old location, and wait a few moments.
    • Click OK.

Note: After you've completed the steps, the Captures folder will return with all its content to its default location: C:\Users\%username%\Videos\Captures.

After performing the steps above, try to change the location of your captured video.

Kindly update us with the results.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Lost my game capture folder.

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to latest release of windows 10, everything went smooth but I'm having one problem with the built in dvr, for some reason its saving captures to a temp folder and not the default location. When I open the game bar it lets me record and capture shots but when you click on view my captures it just says there is a problem getting your captures right now, try again in a while.

In the temp folder there is no captures folder, or one in the default location of my videos.

Any idea how to restore this, is there a way to reset the game dvr function back to default settings?

Cheers.

SJ.

swanseajack, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Duster589 Win User

Problem with my captures folder no longer existing, and game captures no longer showing up...

show all captures/recordings problem

If I understand what you are talking about, it sounds like you need to empty the capture folder on your PC. The Game Bar will show the files that are in the capture folder. When you moved the capture folder it sounds like it changed the modified date
    on your old captures so they all showed up as recent again.

Duster589, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Problem with my captures folder no longer existing, and game captures no longer showing up...

1. Problem with my captures folder no longer existing, and game captures no longer showing up... - Similar Threads - Problem captures folder

2. Game Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Capture: Hello, I use the game capture to help with notes, I recorded a little over 2-hour session today, I kept an eye on the record bar and it finished with over 2 hours, to check I went into the capture file, and it only captured 20mins. Is there any way I can get my video back or...
  3. Game Capture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Capture: Hello, I use the game capture to help with notes, I recorded a little over 2-hour session today, I kept an eye on the record bar and it finished with over 2 hours, to check I went into the capture file, and it only captured 20mins. Is there any way I can get my video back or...
  4. Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost: I recorded a meeting using the Gamebar screen capture and it should have been saved automatically to the capture folder. However, the most important clip is nowhere to be found while other clips I recorded after it missing clip were there. I'm sure that I saw it 'saved'....
  5. Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost: I recorded a meeting using the Gamebar screen capture and it should have been saved automatically to the capture folder. However, the most important clip is nowhere to be found while other clips I recorded after it missing clip were there. I'm sure that I saw it 'saved'....
  6. Game Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Capture: I've been trying to record some clips using the Win+Alt+G feature to record past gameplay but whenever I do if i'm using discord at the same time it doesn't record my own mic audio, I assume this is because discord is also using my mic but i'm not sure how to fix it, if...
  7. game capture

in Windows 10 Customization
    game capture: how do i stop game capture from recording anything & everything from discord? i don't want mine or my friends voices in my clips. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-capture/47967a60-31ab-4134-b1ec-78be68d0bcec
  8. Lost my game capture folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my game capture folder.: Hi, I've recently upgraded to latest release of windows 10, everything went smooth but I'm having one problem with the built in dvr, for some reason its saving captures to a temp folder and not the default location. When I open the game bar it lets me record and capture...
  9. Lost my game capture folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost my game capture folder.: Hi, I've recently upgraded to latest release of windows 10, everything went smooth but I'm having one problem with the built in dvr, for some reason its saving captures to a temp folder and not the default location. When I open the game bar it lets me record and capture...
  10. Showing folders that no longer exist.

in Windows 10 Support
    Showing folders that no longer exist.: I deleted a handful of folders a couple days ago while under Win7x64, now i've upped to Win10 it's showing those folders under pictures. obviously i can't access folders that don't exist, which also means I can't delete them, because they don't exist......but they are still...