Windows 10: Problem with my cddvdw drive not recognizing media.

Discus and support Problem with my cddvdw drive not recognizing media. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; here is the log excerpt. I don't understand what the issue is and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Whether the drive has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Scott Sanchez, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Problem with my cddvdw drive not recognizing media.

here is the log excerpt. I don't understand what the issue is and I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Whether the drive has failed, and needs replaced or it is simply a configuration or software issue. Thanks.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP

Date: 10/31/2019 2:34:45 PM

Event ID: 410

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords:

User: SYSTEM

Computer: Mine

Description:

Device SCSI\CdRom&Ven_TSSTcorp&Prod_CDDVDW_SN-208AB\4&4a05ac&0&010000 was started.

Driver Name: cdrom.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: cdrom

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" />

<EventID>410</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-10-31T21:34:45.311756500Z" />

<EventRecordID>299</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="128" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration</Channel>

<Computer>Mine</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="DeviceInstanceId">SCSI\CdRom&amp;Ven_TSSTcorp&amp;Prod_CDDVDW_SN-208AB\4&amp;4a05ac&amp;0&amp;010000</Data>

<Data Name="DriverName">cdrom.inf</Data>

<Data Name="ClassGuid">{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}</Data>

<Data Name="ServiceName">cdrom</Data>

<Data Name="LowerFilters">

</Data>

<Data Name="UpperFilters">

</Data>

<Data Name="Problem">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="Status">0x0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

Scott Sanchez, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Nofsdad Win User

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the registry and nothing works. This is one of several problems I've had with device drivers since the upgrade.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    AMD FX-4130 3.80Ghz
    8Gb Installed memory

Nofsdad, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing my drive or media

Hi,

There could be some changes with the system that's why your computer is not recognizing the media drive after an update in Windows 10. However, let's isolate your concern by answering these questions:

• Were there an error message when you access the media drive?
    • What have you done so far to resolve the issue?
    • What kind of media drive are you trying to use?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the File Explorer on the computer?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Carlos Tin, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Problem with my cddvdw drive not recognizing media.

media drive uk

a media drive is an external hdd that has software on it enabling you to just plug it into your tv and watch videos/play music etc

i would suggest ebay for that sort of money tbh

mullered07, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Problem with my cddvdw drive not recognizing media.

1. Problem with my cddvdw drive not recognizing media. - Similar Threads - Problem cddvdw drive

2. My cddvdw does not recognize blank or dvd movies after I upgraded to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My cddvdw does not recognize blank or dvd movies after I upgraded to windows 10: I upgraded to windows 10, my cddvdw is recognized in my pc and says its working properly but when I try to add a device to hardware and devices it doesn't come up on the list, I've tried uninstalling the cddvdw drive and optical drive and it comes back but windows doesn't...
  3. My CD drive does not recognize my CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My CD drive does not recognize my CDs: My CD drive does not recognize my CDs Windows 10 Home Version 1809 I've tried some things but it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cd-drive-does-not-recognize-my-cds/5669eaef-c4d6-4d92-908e-4889b6660cbe
  4. My CD/DVD drive is no longer recognized.

My CD/DVD drive is no longer recognized.: My CD/DVD drive is not recognized by my HP Elitebook. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting the system several times. When I restart, the drivers are reinstalled and Device Manager reports that the drive is working correctly. However, the drive does not show up in...
  5. CDDVDW player not recognized in File Explorer and won't play a DVD or CD following a Reset...

CDDVDW player not recognized in File Explorer and won't play a DVD or CD following a Reset...: I have searched the web and tried every recommendation and none of them made a difference. Here is my current PC information after reinstalling Windows 10 and applying all available updates. System Information Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Model HP Pavilion p7-1436s...
  6. All rescue media not recognized

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    All rescue media not recognized: Created a CD as well as a thumbdrive in Macrium Reflect free ver 7. Each time it says successfully created rescue media but I cannot get my system to recognize either. Have to use F12 to tell it where to boot to MR but all the screen ever tells me is 'No OS found' or similar....
  7. Bootable thumb drive created with Media Creation Tool not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable thumb drive created with Media Creation Tool not recognized: Using my old Windows 7 x64 Ultimate machine, I have created a bootable thumb drive using the Media Creation Tool but the thumb drive is not being recognized by the new (target) PC where I want to install Windows 10, which is running a Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H motherboard with...
  8. windows 10 not recognizing my dvd drive

windows 10 not recognizing my dvd drive: windows 10 does not recognize my internal dvd player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-recognizing-my-dvd-drive/070f8736-baa9-427d-b716-55fdbbeaadb1
  9. i have a problem with pc recognizing flash drive

i have a problem with pc recognizing flash drive: earlier, i had no problem connecting and opening files within flash drive. but a few minutes ago, somehow, i cannot open flash drive. this particular drive has portableapps program saved and i use that to run portable programs. im thinking maybe its the usb connection hub...
  10. Problems with hard drive recognized

Problems with hard drive recognized: hello, im currently running windows 10 on a hp pavilion 23. and it works great and i really like it. but theres a problem im having. this morning while working in calibre, i suddenly got a blue screen with a error message of unexpected_store_exception. and when it rebooted it...