Windows 10: Problem with my computer

Discus and support Problem with my computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a 2 year old dell laptop and today I tried to shut it down however it is not working. I dont want to drain my battery so I plug the charger but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by aryanna_flatley, Sep 17, 2022.

1. Problem with my computer

I have a 2 year old dell laptop and today I tried to shut it down however it is not working. I dont want to drain my battery so I plug the charger but even when the charger is plugged in the shutdown function is not working. I tried the shortcut as well in keyboard but also not working. This is the only computer I have so please help me.

:)

aryanna_flatley, Sep 17, 2022
  2. Jetster Win User

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Sep 17, 2022
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 17, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Problem with my computer

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 17, 2022
Thema:

Problem with my computer

1. Problem with my computer - Similar Threads - Problem computer

2. Windows 10 activation problem after transferring licenses between computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation problem after transferring licenses between computers: I wanted to transfer my retail windows 10 license from my old laptop to my new desktop, but I keep running into problems with Windows saying the product is not genuine. My old laptop initially had a retail windows 7 license, which I succesfully updated to windows 10 somewhere...
  3. Windows 10 activation problem after transferring licenses between computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 activation problem after transferring licenses between computers: I wanted to transfer my retail windows 10 license from my old laptop to my new desktop, but I keep running into problems with Windows saying the product is not genuine. My old laptop initially had a retail windows 7 license, which I succesfully updated to windows 10 somewhere...
  4. Windows 10 activation problem after transferring licenses between computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Second step verification system has problems for several days and can't get computer access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second step verification system has problems for several days and can't get computer access: I am trying to complete my second verification to access my computer. I haven't been able to do so because I am getting a recurring message that says that "there is a temporary problem with this service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."...
  6. Second step verification system has problems for several days and can't get computer access

Second step verification system has problems for several days and can't get computer access: I am trying to complete my second verification to access my computer. I haven't been able to do so because I am getting a recurring message that says that "there is a temporary problem with this service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later."...
  7. A complicated computer problem...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A complicated computer problem...: I'm experiencing a very infuriating issue with my computer right now, as I thought this issue I'm having right now is too complicated for me to describe all in one inquiry.I was just trying to view photos, and when I tried to view one, I got an error message saying: "This app...
  8. A complicated computer problem...

A complicated computer problem...: I'm experiencing a very infuriating issue with my computer right now, as I thought this issue I'm having right now is too complicated for me to describe all in one inquiry.I was just trying to view photos, and when I tried to view one, I got an error message saying: "This app...
  9. Problem with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with my computer: I have a 2 year old dell laptop and today I tried to shut it down however it is not working. I dont want to drain my battery so I plug the charger but even when the charger is plugged in the shutdown function is not working. I tried the shortcut as well in keyboard but also...
  10. Problem with my computer

Problem with my computer: I have a 2 year old dell laptop and today I tried to shut it down however it is not working. I dont want to drain my battery so I plug the charger but even when the charger is plugged in the shutdown function is not working. I tried the shortcut as well in keyboard but also...