Windows 10: Problem with my Disk D

Discus and support Problem with my Disk D in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; for some reason, i have to constantly restart my pc for my disk D to show up, and it's the bigger drive (my disk c has like no storage) so it's kinda... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Trackeez, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Problem with my Disk D

for some reason, i have to constantly restart my pc for my disk D to show up, and it's the bigger drive (my disk c has like no storage) so it's kinda urgent cause i'm trying to download garry's mod

submitted by /u/Trackeez
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Trackeez, Oct 23, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Problem with my Disk D :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Problem with my Disk D

disk d is not showing in my laptop

Hello,

I have done every step i've been told and still didn't retrieve my disk d .. doese that mean that there is a possablity that the hardware itself has a problem ?

WoodsCrayon8630, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Problem with my Disk D

1. Problem with my Disk D - Similar Threads - Problem Disk

2. Boot problem after replacing system disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot problem after replacing system disk: I've just upgraded the system disk on my main PC from a 1TB SSD to a 2TB one. Everything was working fine beforehand, but now the PC will only boot if I go into the BIOS boot menu and select the new SSD to boot from. Both SSDs are Samsung, so I used the Samsung Data...
  3. Disk problems after windows reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk problems after windows reset: I have a Windows 10 Pro PC. Until recently File Explorer showed the following. Local Disk C: - SSD with Windows Local Disk D: - WDC drive with 2794.39 GB capacity for storing data Local Disk E: - WDC drive with 2794.39 GB capacity for storing data Local Disk F: - WDC drive...
  4. Repairing your Disks Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Repairing your Disks Problems: I am having troubles in starting the PC. It says Repairing Disk and this keeps loading.I kept my PC on for 1 whole day still thr same rendering.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repairing-your-disks-problems/82d58932-75f2-4897-b75b-24c90296d1bc
  5. Resolved - Win 10 Usb Disk - UEFI Boot Problem

Resolved - Win 10 Usb Disk - UEFI Boot Problem: Hello, first of all, I never experience this problem in my life. This is the first time and I tried a lot of things but still doesn't work. Let me explain my situation here. I created Windows 10 USB installer with Windows Creation Tool. Then I restart my computer, click the...
  6. Win 10 Usb Disk - UEFI Boot Problem

Win 10 Usb Disk - UEFI Boot Problem: Hello, first of all, I never experience this problem in my life. This is the first time and I tried a lot of things but still doesn't work. Let me explain my situation here. I created Windows 10 USB installer with Windows Creation Tool. Then I restart my computer, click the...
  7. MSFS Installation Problem with Premium 10 Disk Installation Version

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MSFS Installation Problem with Premium 10 Disk Installation Version: I installed the contents of all 10 disks onto my PC and it appeared, the launcher also. However, having found no way of launching the program from the launcher despite a good search I decided that perhaps I needed to re-install as something must have gone wrong. I attempted...
  8. msfs2020 insert disk problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    msfs2020 insert disk problem: I have bought from the store MSFS 2020 and run it smoothly until a couple of days ago when the insert disk came up more and more each time when I started the game. Normally starting it again it went ok, but since yesterday it totally does not go any further in the start-up...
  9. New Repair Disk Problem

New Repair Disk Problem: HI. Last week I installed Windows v. 2004 update. This morning, after running a system image backup, in response to a system nag, I decided to create a new Repair Disk. It seemed to finish properly. Here's a screen shot of the explorer display: [ATTACH] I wanted to verify...
  10. Search Index problems after splitting mirrored disks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Index problems after splitting mirrored disks: A few months ago I split the mirrored disks on my PC, creating disks D and P. I then deleted stuff from one drive, and the other set of stuff from the other drive. The Pictures library was then set to P:\images instead of the previous d:\images. Ever since then I regularly...